What should Coach Saleh do?

What should Robert Saleh do before the next game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How should Robert Saleh proceed?

• Bench Zach and try another signal caller for the remainder of the season
    • Fire Hackett and replace himewith Middleton
    • Nothing because JD holds the key to the Humbler Robert is wearing (Google it at your own discretion).

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Oh he will wait until playoff contention is over to replace Zach. Meaning Saleh and JD ready to throw the entire season away betting on zach. Everyone in the world knows where Zach belongs, just like last yr. The problem is they waited too long, and very easy winnable games were thrown away while Zach self destructed. Doing it again this yr

Man I hope you're wrong. I fear your right.

Looking at Salehs face in the presser he knows he has to make a change this week.

All gas no .... ah he has to live up to it. Has to. C'mon Saleh, do the right thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Man I hope you're wrong. I fear your right.

Looking at Salehs face in the presser he knows he has to make a change this week.

All gas no .... ah he has to live up to it. Has to. C'mon Saleh, do the right thing.

Hope I’m wrong too Max. I don’t get the whole “ we can’t do that to zach .” Like this is not pre school and contemplating taking away a kids pacifier. What’s the wrong in at least trying to win ?

Rex Ryan benched sanchez a few times I believe in 09 and 10. Sanchez didn’t run home and cry to mommy, he got right back in there the next week. Some would say temporary benching made him play better. Where Saleh needs to take some notes. It’s like now in 2023, they feel a temporary benching would totally wreck the psyche of Zach. If the kid is not that tough, he doesn’t belong in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s like a game of bang, marry, kill. You bench Zac, cut Boyle, and start Semen. You have to do something before you lose the defense and locker room. 

I could see AR speaking up because he’s trying to come back and has hope since the Jets started out with a half decent record. He’s going to want them to continue to survive so he can make an epic comeback. There’s no way he’d want Zach to jeopardize that so things will get interesting now that they are back to .500 and feel the pressure. 

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So true and it's the only position you can change that will impact everyone. Multiple things wrong but start with the QB and take it from there.

yeah and if the offense is the same or worse well then at least you know that there isn't a better option on the team

5 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

For one, He should publicly apologize for the Max Mitchell- Billy Turner experiment.

That was absolutely bizarre. Move Mitchell - who has never played the position - to right guard, and insert a guy who couldn't beat him out at the more important position of right tackle. 

To no-one's surprise, it didn't work out.

If Saleh doesn't want the team to splinter, he needs to activate Siemian and actually start him.

Boyle is terrible, and they are never going to bench Zach and insert Boyle.

Siemian is not a very good QB, but he is at least a pro-calibre QB. That in itself would be an improvement.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I’d modify the first option. Start Zach but have a MUCH shorter leash. Don’t be afraid to pull him in the 3rd Q if the offense is completely stalling. 

this post got the Zach haters and the biggest Zach boy all giving you thumbs down... thats hard to do. lol

to be fair Facts is a serial neg repper. he might have just not even read the post..lol

• Haha 2

Maybe they do need to sit Zach ... It would light a fire for a week or two ... It would also unmask any other issues over the course of the remainder of the year... Bringing more clarity to the real problems beyond QB.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Wilson looked his usual terrible self last night, but to add on he also looked scared. any of that tiny confidence we saw against KC was completely gone. He’s scared to get hit. He’s scared to scramble. Everyone can see it. Kid is not an NFL player, doesn’t prepare like an NFL player  and it’s really been time to move on. How anyone could get mad at the Woody pulling the strings speculation isn’t being honest. They’re flushing an awesome defense down the drain because of a wimp from Utah.

• Upvote 1

Wilson looked his usual terrible self last night, but to add on he also looked scared. any of that tiny confidence we saw against KC was completely gone. He’s scared to get hit. He’s scared to scramble. Everyone can see it. Kid is not an NFL player, doesn’t prepare like an NFL player  and it’s really been time to move on. How anyone could get mad at the Woody pulling the strings speculation isn’t being honest. They’re flushing an awesome defense down the drain because of a wimp from Utah.
He has been coached to not turn the ball over at all costs.

I can see Saleh in a meeting room ... This defense just needs you not to make a mistake ... As they go .. we go ... Our elite D will win the dam game .. don't f it up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

If Saleh doesn't want the team to splinter, he needs to activate Siemian and actually start him.

Boyle is terrible, and they are never going to bench Zach and insert Boyle.

Siemian is not a very good QB, but he is at least a pro-calibre QB. That in itself would be an improvement.

Robert Saleh wouldn't have benched Tony Banks on the '00 Ravens.

Tony Banks, who was 10x the QB Zach Wilson's been, could pull a 3-5 TD game out every now & then, and was at least averaging a passing TD per game (pre-Manning rules) through that point, who'd actually earned the starting job with his play the prior season, was benched for a previously mostly-sucky veteran QB who lost his job to Shaun f'ing King the prior season.

At the time the team had a 5-3 record, just one legit receiving target amid a bunch of trash, a dynamic starting RB and another who'd had recent success behind him, four forgettable offensive linemen...and a kickass defense that could make any superstar QB look ordinary or even bad.

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure.  No problem if you do.

But this idea that who they're benching him for is going to be any better is ridiculous.  They won't. 

Can't get any worse and at this point you need to provide a spark.  6 points and no TDS against a defense that was dropping their pants and bending over to opposing QBs is unacceptable.  

• Upvote 1

He needs to be completely honest with himself and the rest of the staff. It hasn’t gotten better, at all, over several weeks including the bye week. In fact, it’s gone backwards. 

It’s not gonna magically click. 

I like Saleh a lot but I think his biggest fault right now is giving people way too much time before making a change and too concerned with hurting feelings. He’s gotta be the leader and do what’s best for the team. He needs to come in and put the team on notice this week.

Playoffs are still there, step up and do what’s necessary. 

• Upvote 1