Bills Week - Season On The Line

Just for laughs I went back in the archive to 2009 when the Jets were 4-6, right around this same week. The posts in here sound exactly the same - “total despair, draft talk, why does the offense suck, no hope, doing something else on Sunday, etc.” 2 months later they’re up 17-6 on Indy in the afc championship game. It’s truly crazy how suddenly someone can go on a run and how quickly things can flip in this league. The Jets defense is very good just like 2009. And because of that there’s always a chance. Can Izzy and Ruckert be catalysts in the offense finally finding a rhythm? Crazier things have happened. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

need to get the offense fixed. teams turn things around sometimes. feels like this particular unit needs a miracle. reduce the penalties, convert some more 3rd downs and turn some of the FG's into TDs. 

they can beat the bills. they already have.

Well with Carter gone and hopefully Uzmuh to the bench, there’s two players out that keep causing penalties to prevent the TDs and between those 2 cost us the game last week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Bills just fired their OC, lost to us the first time and have a QB WR duo who are in a state of chaos.

Buffalo pride is on the line and the Jets are around that point where players start checking out and making business decisions.

You think we are the only ones who know we are doomed with Zach Wilson?

The players know and their friends and family have been likely telling them this for a while now but the players have to be PR friendly at all times.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this thing turned into a bloodbath 

You're depressing

11 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Just for laughs I went back in the archive to 2009 when the Jets were 4-6, right around this same week. The posts in here sound exactly the same - “total despair, draft talk, why does the offense suck, no hope, doing something else on Sunday, etc.” 2 months later they’re up 17-6 on Indy in the afc championship game. It’s truly crazy how suddenly someone can go on a run and how quickly things can flip in this league. The Jets defense is very good just like 2009. And because of that there’s always a chance. Can Izzy and Ruckert be catalysts in the offense finally finding a rhythm? Crazier things have happened. 

Jet fan negativity especially on this site is over the top. I get it, people want to win, but unless we win in a blowout fashion people still bit*h.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Jet fan negativity especially on this site is over the top. I get it, people want to win, but unless we win in a blowout fashion people still bit*h.

The Jets haven’t scored a contested TD on offense since Week 5 and you are complaining about Jets fan sentiment?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Im pretty bummed too ... the team just looks inept.  But ill get up by Sunday.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We are the first team I can remember who had a better chance scoring a TD on defense than offense.  Just sad.

Funny you mention that. The 2000 Ravens with Tony Banks did not score a touchdown in 3 straight weeks and made the change to Trent Dilfer. The rest is history. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Funny you mention that. The 2000 Ravens with Tony Banks did not score a touchdown in 3 straight weeks and made the change to Trent Dilfer. The rest is history. 

They actually didn't score a touchdown in Dilfer's first start either, lol.

They actually went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown that season. But their defense shut out 4 teams that year and gave up a combined 16 points in 4 playoff games (not counting the kick return they gave up in the SB against the Giants). 

It was a different world. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bills should feel confident, as long as they don’t turn the ball over.

The Jets can’t score.

Would you feel confident against a team that has beaten you two out of three and who their QB plays awful against? I mean - the only reason they won one last year is because of the dirty hit on MW. Zach has won both games against the Bills and plays well against them. I see us winning and creating turnovers. Zach will be on a 3 game win streak against them. Sometimes matchups work out well for us. The only thing I'm worried about is their running game - Bills ran right through Denver last week in the second half and we are pretty bad at stopping the run now.

30 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Would you feel confident against a team that has beaten you two out of three and who their QB plays awful against? I mean - the only reason they won one last year is because of the dirty hit on MW. Zach has won both games against the Bills and plays well against them. I see us winning and creating turnovers. Zach will be on a 3 game win streak against them. Sometimes matchups work out well for us. The only thing I'm worried about is their running game - Bills ran right through Denver last week in the second half and we are pretty bad at stopping the run now.

It's really hilarious that Zach Wilson keeps beating up on the Bills.  I mean I know it's really the defense that's been giving them fits, but it's still comical.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

season on the line ??? sure, the jets are not mathematically out of it, but what sort of chance do they have to make a run with the offense that they have ??? the season was in the fire when rodgers went down.  i still like to watch because they have been competitive in most games, but i cant see them getting past quality teams in the playoffs.  who knows... 

This does look like another lost season.  I mean wtf Hackett how about calling some plays in the red zone where we throw to receivers in the end zone?  Football 101. 

None the less I am enjoying the hell out of watching our D kick a$$.  So there is that.    

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Especially with the season on the line and the offense fired up to play for a new OC (and players fearing the axe coming down on them) we will get lit up but a sloppy and not so great Buffalo team whose window is closing quite quickly.

They are not fired up to play for a new OC.   The vibe in Buffalo is that they “aren’t having any fun.” Josh Allen is flat and dejected.   

I listened to Sal Carpaccio on 550WGR this morning which is where I got the above. 

They are set up for an epic fail.  Whether or not the Jets can take advantage, that is something else…

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They are not fired up to play for a new OC.   The vibe in Buffalo is that they “aren’t having any fun.” Josh Allen is flat and dejected.   

I listened to Sal Carpaccio on 550WGR this morning which is where I got the above. 

They are set up for an epic fail.  Whether or not the Jets can take advantage, that is something else…

Jets need to start making Allen's life miserable early in this one. They have a way of getting him into turnover mode.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This does look like another lost season.  I mean wtf Hackett how about calling some plays in the red zone where we throw to receivers in the end zone?  Football 101. 

None the less I am enjoying the hell out of watching our D kick a$$.  So there is that.    

I'm with you 100 % on the defense.  It is a major pleasure to watch.  I'm miffed that Hackett has not totally revamp the offense after Rodgers went down.  I can see that it may take a game or two to adjust, but there has not been any significant changes in the offensive scheme to suit Zach Wilson.  Night and day between a system that Rodgers thrives in vs. what would be helpful for Wilson.  A QB like Wilson would do much better in what I'd describe as a modern version of the Joe Bugel offense.  Aggressive man blocking on the line with lots of line motion and misdirection.  With smash mouth blocking in the center, they would probably get a lot more out of Dalvin Cook if they gave him enough of that work to warm up and get hot.  Then use Breece as the change of pace guy. If you run counter gap with Breece after you run some smash mouth with Cook, it will probably spring Breece for big ones a lot more often.  Breece is not the guy you want to send up into the A gap constantly.  I dont know why they do it.  Instead of timing patterns and mesh in the passing routs, use more routs that are longer and with multiple breaks. 

I dont get it.  Hackett must know football 101.  Why no changes ???

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bills should feel confident, as long as they don’t turn the ball over.

The Jets can’t score.

I highly doubt that feel confident. We match up super well against them and Allen just loses all composure.

Also, this is not just an elimination game for the Jets. With the Bills schedule if we beat them they are not making the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Get the sense Allen is going to run a lot, which the Jets can’t stop. And Wilson at Buffalo is a house of horrors. 

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

.  I'm miffed that Hackett has did not totally revamp the offense after Rodgers went down.  I can see that it make take a game or two to adjust, but there has not been any significant changes in the offensive scheme to suit Zach Wilson.  Night and day between a system that Rodgers thrives in vs. what would be helpful for Wilson.  A QB like Wilson would do much better in what I'd describe as a modern version of the Joe Bugel offense.  Aggressive man blocking on the line with lots of line motion and misdirection.  With smash mouth blocking in the center, they would probably get a lot more out of Dalvin Cook if they gave him enough of that work to warm up and get hot.  Then use Breece as the change of pace guy. If you run counter gap with Breece after you run some smash mouth with Cook, it will probably spring Breece for big ones a lot more often.  Breece is not the guy you want to send up into the A gap constantly.  I dont know why they do it.  Instead of timing patterns and mesh in the passing routs, use more routs that are longer and with multiple breaks. 

I dont get it.  Hackett must know football 101.  Why no changes ???

Hackett DID revise the offense and they used that offense against KC but since then we have for absolutely no good reason gradually gone back to the static offense we used before that does not really suit Wilson. I personally think this is at the direction of Saleh who wants to take no chances whatsoever on offense and still believes that a good drive ends in a punt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyLV said:

Hackett DID revise the offense and they used that offense against KC but since then we have for absolutely no good reason gradually gone back to the static offense we used before that does not really suit Wilson. I personally think this is at the direction of Saleh who wants to take no chances whatsoever on offense and still believes that a good drive ends in a punt.

could be yes.  a punt means there has not been a turnover.  saleh or who ever could see that as the best they can expect from zach wilson.

i'd much rather see them let it rip.  there may be more turnovers, but perhaps big plays that lead to an actual touchdown. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Get the sense Allen is going to run a lot, which the Jets can’t stop. And Wilson at Buffalo is a house of horrors. 

jets play so much man, it leaves things open for josh allen to rip off big runs.  it will stop long pass plays, but there is that down side to the scheme.  i wonder if they can assign a lb to double as a spy on josh without turning the scheme into a mess

They certainly need to do something to open this offense up. When we beat them the first game the Bills had been planning on going up against Rodgers. Then Rodgers suddenly goes down and Wilson gets put in. I'm pretty sure that Wilson was never considered in the Bills preparations. It's a safe bet that the Bills had no choice but to expect that the Jets could still put up some points even without Rodgers. That certainly helped us in terms of the turnovers in that game. Now that we've proven to the league that we can't put up many points from the offensive side of the ball we won't have that very slight advantage we might have had in the first game. They will be hammering into Allen's head the absolute need to not do anything stupid to turn the ball over because "these guys can't beat us with their offense". Which is why I also think that Allen is going to be running a lot against us because it's safer than passing. And you know that the Dolphins will be rooting hard for the Jets in this one remembering what the Bills did to them in their first game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AZ Jet Guy said:

They certainly need to do something to open this offense up. When we beat them the first game the Bills had been planning on going up against Rodgers. Then Rodgers suddenly goes down and Wilson gets put in. I'm pretty sure that Wilson was never considered in the Bills preparations. It's a safe bet that the Bills had no choice but to expect that the Jets could still put up some points even without Rodgers. That certainly helped us in terms of the turnovers in that game. Now that we've proven to the league that we can't put up many points from the offensive side of the ball we won't have that very slight advantage we might have had in the first game. They will be hammering into Allen's head the absolute need to not do anything stupid to turn the ball over because "these guys can't beat us with their offense". Which is why I also think that Allen is going to be running a lot against us because it's safer than passing. And you know that the Dolphins will be rooting hard for the Jets in this one remembering what the Bills did to them in their first game. 

Amazon rooting hard for the Jets too so the inaugural Black Friday game is more interesting.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

We knew this since last year, December 2022, Monday night against the Jags. And yet, Zach's starting again, this Sunday! LOL you can't make this deranged sh*t up. 

It was a Thursday night .  We got coal for Xmas from the mistake from Salt Lake.

We are going to score 3 FGs and they will get 2 TDs.  
14-9 Buffalo 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Amazon rooting hard for the Jets too so the inaugural Black Friday game is more interesting.

So if the jets beat the bills and the raiders beat the fins- are we in who shot kennedy territory?

bezos and goodell are pretty tight I thought