Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I honestly don’t even blame Zach. I wouldn’t want to play for this awful franchise either. 

I mean it’s a horrible look for him, but his days in this league are numbered anyway. 

Well if he wants to ever be an NFL QB, it's the wrong decision. If he wants to take his $ and go home to Utah and be a trivia question answer and do BYU radio , that's his future. Either you want IT, being a starting NFL QB, or you don't want IT. There's no half assing it; either all in, or out. 

• Upvote 3

What we're seeing is the disastrous domino effect that happens after management does away with the team-first philosophy and caters to the whims and desires of individual players.

The Jets are a complete disaster right now, a complete and total mess that makes previous administrations look like a well-oiled juggernaut.

And the best part is it's not over yet! Fasten your seatbelts, fans, and let's watch how low it can go.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh should put his foot in the ground and make Douglas choose between him or Zach. I don’t think Saleh is very good, but he’s unquestionably been ****ed over by having to play Zach Wilson from Day One

Pretty sure Douglas was out on Wilson last year too, and then Woody stepped in.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Rodgers is one of hte best qbs ever and wanted more support from the front office and instead of drafting OL or wrs they drafted another qb.  He wanted a level of commitment from GB and his guys left.  When you’re that great you feel you deserve it.  He’s one of the best qbs ever.  

Rodgers was one of the best QB's.  He also was a demanding ass hole that Green Bay couldn't wait to unload.  He never took a dime less than max.  He will never be in the conversation with Brady because Brady cared about winning.  He will alway be third best in Green Bay behind Starr and Favre and in a few years maybe even Love.  

He came here because he saw how weak management was and immediately ran roughshod over the organization.  He's great but he's not a winner.  He's also a liar and hated by one of the best organizations in football.

I would love to see him play well for the Jets.  He's not a good guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers was one of the best QB's.  He also was a demanding ass hole that Green Bay couldn't wait to unload.  He never took a dime less than max.  He will never be in the conversation with Brady because Brady cared about winning.  He will alway be third best in Green Bay behind Starr and Favre and in a few years maybe even Love.  

He came here because he saw how weak management was and immediately ran roughshod over the organization.  He's great but he's not a winner.  He's also a liar and hated by one of the best organizations in football.

He also won ONE Super Bowl. Just one. So let's all rein in the hero worship a bit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never listen to the FAN anymore, but I turned it on to listen to Saleh, and left it on awhile longer. The biggest takeaway for me is this: why the **** is Robert Saleh texting Joe Beningo and why does Joe Beningo feel like it’s ok to share the content of those texts? Beningo shares that Saleh 1. Doesn’t like Zach, 2. Keeps a list of other coach’s records without their QB1, and 3. When Beningo texted Saleh that Zach gives him the best chance to win, Saleh replied, “Joe, are you kidding?” I know Francesa had personal relationships with Dolan, Parcells, Buck, etc, but even Francesa wouldn’t throw guys under the bus so explicitly. 

It’s a multi faceted problem.  The hc wants people to know he’s been saddled with a spoiled brat qb he’s got to protect publicly.  He’s also spin doctoring his exit with eyes on his next position.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know if I understand what you are saying.  Bortles came into the league with Jedd Fisch as OC.  He sucked.  The next year Marrone came on board and brought Hackett as QB coach.  Greg Olsen was OC. Bortles threw 35 TDs.  The following year they fired Bradley and Olsen and Marrone became HC with 2 games left and Hackett OC.  The Jags were 2-12.  They averaged under 20 for the season, but over the last two they went 1-1, scored 58 and threw for 621.  The next year was Bortles breakout.  Then they had a sh*t year and Marrone fired Hackett who went to GB and had a fair year then two great ones.  They basically moved on from Bortles with Hackett.  Not sure what that is supposed to prove.  Maybe @JagsFanJif can give a more detailed run down.

If it is true then Zach should show up to practice with a black eye.

Bortles best year was in year 2 with Olson as OC with 35 touchdowns

Nate Hackett was elevated and his career went in the toilet

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where is Zach gonna go? The Jets are the best place for Zach to be. No responsibility, can choose not to play. Family friends with the owner. Saleh will be gone before Wilson is

I'm sure there are a dozen teams that would take a shot on him.  He'll play the benefit of the doubt card because "Jets" just like Darnold...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never listen to the FAN anymore, but I turned it on to listen to Saleh, and left it on awhile longer. The biggest takeaway for me is this: why the **** is Robert Saleh texting Joe Beningo and why does Joe Beningo feel like it’s ok to share the content of those texts? Beningo shares that Saleh 1. Doesn’t like Zach, 2. Keeps a list of other coach’s records without their QB1, and 3. When Beningo texted Saleh that Zach gives him the best chance to win, Saleh replied, “Joe, are you kidding?” I know Francesa had personal relationships with Dolan, Parcells, Buck, etc, but even Francesa wouldn’t throw guys under the bus so explicitly. 

Just to be clear -- Beningo is explicitly stating Saleh has texted him this or that's your read on Beningo's comments?

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because they asked him to play and he said no? Something you probably want the fanbase to know if you’re a coach getting raked over the coals. 

Then go up to the podium and say that Zach wants the ball and came into his office 30 minutes ago to tell him he’s the best QB, something the other QBs didn’t do? 

Idk, I think someone leaked something and The Athletic ran with it, now keep changing their story. But I can’t see how or why it would be Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Then go up to the podium and say that Zach wants the ball and came into his office 30 minutes ago to tell him he’s the best QB, something the other QBs didn’t do? 

Idk, I think someone leaked something and The Athletic ran with it, now keep changing their story. But I can’t see how or why it would be Saleh. 

He did go up and say that. But it’s clear he’s bsing.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh is in full-bore CYA Mode for his next job. 

The fish rots from the head, and he's making it altogether clear that the primary cause of said rot is not HIM, it's Zach Wilson, and the guy who drafted and saddled him with Zach Wilson, i.e. Joe Douglas.

TLDR:  He's likely just using Beningo to get his message out, albeit as ineptly as he coaches games.

Just now, Warfish said:

Saleh is in full-bore CYA Mode for his next job. 

The fish rots from the head, and he's making it altogether clear that the primary cause of said rot is not HIM, it's Zach Wilson, and the guy who drafted and saddled him with Zach Wilson, i.e. Joe Douglas.

TLDR:  He's likely just using Beningo to get his message out, albeit as ineptly as he coaches games.

Yep.  At a minimum, saleh needs to go.  A minimum 

• Upvote 1

texting-carbon.gif

Beerfish:  "Robert,  what's the deal with Zach?"

Saleh: "He said he was not going to play and that Hack is a clueless tool and that Lazard cant catch a cold!"

Beerfish:   "Wow, things look bad, so what are you going to do?"

Saleh: "I Dunno, probably just lie and cover up as usual."

Beerfish:  "Sounds like a plan."

Saleh: "Wait this is Joe Douglas right?"

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Salah should be fired for that alone!........Having a texting relationship with that flip flapping flounder Beningo shows what a dope the coach is.......

• Upvote 1