Zach Wilson will be missed

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I also ignore 9 out of 10 performances when evaluating people....

This is Zach, folks. If it was the other way around and the majority of his games were above average with the occasional stinker, we'd all be ok with it. But that isn't the reality. 

Just move on, people.

Nobody misses Geno here, despite the success he has had with the Seahawks. Even if Zach does end up playing well somewhere else, people shouldn't miss him. He got 3 seasons here and flashed maybe 3 or 4 times. He's never going to be successful here.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is proving you all wrong!

Today was a day that he showed he has all the tools and can be good NFL QB. 

It was one game, but he has improved this year, he's growing, he's maturing, he's gaining confidence, and he's learning how to be balanced between not thinking too much but making good decision...

Today showed there is still a chance of a Zach Wilson future!

Good for him, good for the Jets. We aren't done this year yet!

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2

Last I checked Zach is on contract with the Jets for 1 more season so he's not going anywhere unless some team steps up and offers the Jets a no brainer pick. With a decent O line and a good offensive coordinator Zach will be todays Zach every week - so do the Jets get rid of Zach or improve the O line and get a good coordinator?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Let's have Zach put up the same numbers against the Dolphins, without any fumbles before the thought of high stepping even starts to form.

Even the worst of nfl qbs have the rare good games. What’s Zach’s average over 3 years, 1 good game for every 10? To be a NFL starter, you have to be MUCH better than that. He has never had back to back good games. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Even the worst of nfl qbs have the rare good games. What’s Zach’s average over 3 years, 1 good game for every 10? To be a NFL starter, you have to be MUCH better than that. He has never had back to back good games. 

Jamarcus Russell literally never had a good game. Not only did he never throw for 3 TDs, he also never threw for 300 yards, which Zach has done 3 or 4 times now. And I considered other stats when analysing him too.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Let's have Zach put up the same numbers against the Dolphins, without any fumbles before the thought of high stepping even starts to form.

The NFL is all about coaching.  The Texans did not have enough tape against the new Zach game plan.  Let Vic Fangio look at this week's tape and let's see how Zach 5.0 plays against the Dolphins.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The NFL is all about coaching.  The Texans did not have enough tape against the new Zach game plan.  Let Vic Fangio look at this week's tape and let's see how Zach 5.0 plays against the Dolphins.  

You suggesting that Hackett won't call the good plays next week?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Last I checked Zach is on contract with the Jets for 1 more season so he's not going anywhere unless some team steps up and offers the Jets a no brainer pick. With a decent O line and a good offensive coordinator Zach will be todays Zach every week - so do the Jets get rid of Zach or improve the O line and get a good coordinator?

Zach’s “eff it” mind set / not getting to that point until now is what’s been holding him back. Maybe a lot of the over thinking and scared play has to do with the coaching staff forcing him to play scared, maybe it’s not but a good qb will produce in most systems. Great systems will get great results. You can only blame the OC so much. Zach hasn’t looked the part and really outside of today and maybe 2 or 3 other times, has looked lost. 

• Upvote 1

Zach’s “eff it” mind set / not getting to that point until now is what’s been holding him back. Maybe a lot of the over thinking and scared play has to do with the coaching staff forcing him to play scared, maybe it’s not but a good qb will produce in most systems. Great systems will get great results. You can only blame the OC so much. Zach hasn’t looked the part and really outside of today and maybe 2 or 3 other times, has looked lost. 
Nah .. I've been saying all along ... It's lack of coaching and defensive scared to lose coaching. We'll see ... It's just one game right now ... But absolutely a step in the right direction.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach has gone over 300 yards passing in three games. He’s never had a three TD game, but has had two TD passes in six of his 33 games played.

He’s been a 3-year embarrassment, but he did have one 3-TD game. First 3 possessions against the Eagles as a rookie.

One time, two ****ing years ago, and we still lost) anyway.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I also ignore 9 out of 10 performances when evaluating people....

This is Zach, folks. If it was the other way around and the majority of his games were above average with the occasional stinker, we'd all be ok with it. But that isn't the reality. 

Just move on.

Is that how you evaluated Geno Smith?   He had 9 out of 10 bad performances.  

42 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

CJ looked pedestrian today .. just sayin'

Lol. The kid hasn’t even finished his 1st yr, and almost has as many TDs as Zach has for his career. So obviously the AVERAGE of “ who is pedestrian “ looking at those 2 head to head, isn’t even close. Before today - 

B1B3DDAA-7FCF-425E-B11B-4445454B99E0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

He will not be missed because if he plays another 4 games like this, he's under contract and they don't trade him.
HUGE "if". Being a good qb means consistency. 

He is gone regardless so f how he plays.zach is the worst qb I’ve seen for the jets regardless of these last few games.

Good bye sh*t stain suck it f a qb Zach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lol. The kid hasn’t even finished his 1st yr, and almost has as many TDs as Zach has for his career. So obviously the AVERAGE of “ who is pedestrian “ looking at those 2 head to head, isn’t even close. Before today - 
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_12/B1B3DDAA-7FCF-425E-B11B-4445454B99E0.thumb.jpeg.d504e39ce1843e14ae8a04df638997ba.jpeg
91 yds / 54.8 passer rating.... pedestrian today ... Like I said.

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

He can’t play horribly EVERY game lol. I think benching him, threat of benching him, has helped. Look at all the talk before chiefs game. That they were very close to putting him on bench then, losing locker room, etc. Played game of his life. Still lost, but I can’t get on him. Just like you can’t give him credit for the Wins D carried him, when he didn’t play well. 

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

91 yds / 54.8 passer rating.... pedestrian today ... Like I said.

Ohh today, I thought you meant how he is usually :) because “ usually “ he is a good qb. Just as “ usually “ Zach is a bad qb. But why we have stats, and look on years and careers :)

Ohh today, I thought you meant how he is usually  because “ usually “ he is a good qb. Just as “ usually “ Zach is a bad qb. But why we have stats, and look on years and careers
Exactly.. my guess is Stroud comes back to earth at some point next year. We'll see .. it's rare for a rookie to sustain success like he has had in e the league catches up.

Best thing that can happen is Zach plays well. Maybe we can recoup some assets in a offseason trade. 

I was very patient with my expectations with ZW, and I like the kid. But his time here is done. He couldn’t get it done here. Would be a great separation if he plays well and the Jets recover some decent picks. 

if he blossom elsewhere so be it at this point. Seems like it’s never happening here in this environment and maybe this coaching staff 

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

B1B3DDAA-7FCF-425E-B11B-4445454B99E0.jpeg

Who gives a sh*t how his career started. Wilson clearly needs coaching. He is clearly talented. The issue has always the systems he plays in and his confidence. 

I will not let him go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3