Jets wait until week 14, then tell Zach to “Let it rip”! What took so long?

jetstream23

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Isn't it funny how much better a guy can look when everything that counts for the team (like any real-world chance at the postseason) is long gone, but something very personal (a reported promise to be traded this offseason, a way to try and continue his career) remains on the line?

I don’t think that was it. This was the first game he’s played where the pressure was completely off. No playoffs, no future here, no care. Nobody behind him to worry about.  Came in with nothing to lose. Even in his presser, something looked different. Not saying it’ll last but maybe in this senecio, he finally got out of his head. Is this a one game thing or finally the turning point? who knows but playing with the pressure off allowed him to play his best game as a pro today.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think he was good all along.  I didn't want Zach back on this team this year and want him gone next year.

I like you better when you're being honest.

I just found it interesting that you seemed to think the problem with Zach all along was just motivation.

Nope. 

At least that's what I took from that post.  

Desperation and a light at the end of a tunnel can do wonders for some folks.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Maybe they told hm to do so before ... and he didn't? 

Interesting in the SNY post game interview with Zach the writers asked him about the throw where Becton whiffed and Zach scrambled to avoid pressure only to throw a dart over the middle to GW.  Zach said something like the coaches told him never to try that kind of throw, but he thought it was worth the risk and  he has to take some chances for big plays knowing they won't always work out. Sounds like Zach is growing some b**ls and and maybe with some encouragement from Saleh is starting to take matters into his own hands

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I don’t think that was it. This was the first game he’s played where the pressure was completely off. No playoffs, no future here, no care. Nobody behind him to worry about.  Came in with nothing to lose. Even in his presser, something looked different. Not saying it’ll last but maybe in this senecio, he finally got out of his head. Is this a one game thing or finally the turning point? who knows but playing with the pressure off allowed him to play his best game as a pro today.

Saleh has been killing him for weeks.  Zach got tired of it and turned Saleh into his b*tch this week.  Changed everything.  The team loves him now.  They played their butts off on both sides of the ball. 

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is, without fail, the same exact narrative this bullsh*t universe fed us about the last 6 quarterbacks. 

The last 6 QBs could not hit some of the throws that Wilson can given the opportunity.  I hope he has a big game against Miami next week just to see the board lose its mind.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

In my mind, the decision is pretty simple with Zach. You do not pick up the fifth year option. You try to trade him in the spring. But if the offers aren’t there and you’re talking about something like a late third day pick, just keep him for the fourth season as the QB2. He has absolutely shown he could be a backup quarterback.  Draft a decent middle round prospect to develop next year as QB3.  

He has? This offense has been one of the worst in NFL history. The QB has a lot to do with that. 

8 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I never lost faith. 😂 

IMG_3907.jpeg

Good job.  Well done.  Good for you.  Sweet action.  The toughest of the 3 legs was “Wilson 2+ TD’s”, because these totally garbage coaches on the Offense RARELY let the Kid throw the ball into the end zone.  I think there have been MULTIPLE times this season where they were “1st and Goal at the 1”, and they ran 4 straight times and couldn’t score, but I could be wrong.

• More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, cat999 said:

Interesting in the SNY post game interview with Zach the writers asked him about the throw where Becton whiffed and Zach scrambled to avoid pressure only to throw a dart over the middle to GW.  Zach said something like the coaches told him never to try that kind of throw, but he thought it was worth the risk and  he has to take some chances for big plays knowing they won't always work out. Sounds like Zach is growing some b**ls and and maybe with some encouragement from Saleh is starting to take matters into his own hands

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Saleh has been killing him for weeks.  Zach got tired of it and turned Saleh into his b*tch this week.  Changed everything.  The team loves him now.  They played their butts off on both sides of the ball. 

I have nothing to back this up but my hunch is that Zach stood up for himself in that whole "reluctant to play" discussion and Saleh finally agreed to let him play more aggressively.

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

Didn’t you have a giant hissy fit defending Zach and now you are doing the hater thing? You have zero credibility bro

I'm not doing a hater thing.  Strange take there.

I think it would be very difficult for Zach to succeed here....The press and fan base don't like him - and rolling him out there would be a disaster.  I said it last off-season too.  I was proven right. 

Zach let's that sh*t get to him.  If he were drafted to a team and fan base that supported him things might have been different.  Maybe not, but I'm interested how he does when he gets a fresh start somewhere else.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I like you better when you're being honest.

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Go look back if you want - but I thought it was crazy to keep him here this year - I was clear about that.   

Mostly because he clearly allowed the toxicity of the fan base to get to him and affect his performance.  JD should have seen it too.

It's going to take a special kind of kid to be able to deal with toxicity and thrive.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Go look back if you want - but I thought it was crazy to keep him here this year - I was clear about that.   

Mostly because he clearly allowed the toxicity of the fan base to get to him and affect his performance.  JD should have seen it too.

It's going to take a special kind of kid to be able to deal with toxicity and thrive.  

IMG_4529.jpeg

34 minutes ago, BP said:

This is the first time in forever the jets have played with a lead. This is why not playing pussy ball works. It’s easier for him to play and manage the game with a lead. They went like 9 games in a row without scoring points in the first half.

”if they can’t score we can’t lose”

-Saleh the idiot

Yeah, you’re right, Saleh doesn’t want to play with a lead.

The fact that some of you can’t separate “managing around an awful QB” vs “game planning to have a bad offense on purpose” is laughable.

This defense is literally built to play with a lead. We just never have one because the offense sucks.

Shame we don't have a 2nd round pick.  

I don't know a lot about him - but like what I've read.  Seems to a late 2nd rounder.   

A bit of a raw 2nd round project that can sit behind Rodgers for a year or two.  Sign me up for this kid.

He apparently is going back to school. No joke, I think it either his 6 or 7 season there.

• Haha 1