TMZ: Rodgers to be cleared for Washington game

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Jets aren't getting into the playoffs, even if they win out. It would be foolish to play Rodgers except as the emergency QB.

I agree but if they do play rodgers, i think it would be to show the team and the fans what they thought would happen when they traded for him.  It’s more about justifying their decisions than actually trying to make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I agree but if they do play rodgers, i think it would be to show the team and the fans what they thought would happen when they traded for him.  It’s more about justifying their decisions than actually trying to make the playoffs. 

And when he blows his knee out and is lost for 2024?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I expect if Rodgers is cleared for any games, Saleh will want to put him out there. Saleh may be in a precarious place especially if ZW has more good games in him after coming out and basically saying he's hands off with ZW now. Saleh can show a good game or two with Rodgers is proof there's a good season in 2024 with Rodgers and make the case that he is the right coach for the year. Making Rodgers happy by putting him back on the field gives Saleh an opportunity to keep Rodgers on his side. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And when he blows his knee out and is lost for 2024?

Then the jets will get what they deserve.  Clearly the smart move is to not play him.  Yet, if they play him and he does sustain a serious injury, not only would it look poorly on the coaches and front office for agreeing to play him when nobody ever returned from an injury like that so quickly, but it should directly impact what they do in the 2024 draft. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, extmenace said:

NFL script writers got a good one here. upset the phins, Rodgers comes in the last 2 weeks, winning both games and all the other scenarios play out and the nfl gets a Mahomes vs Rodgers rd 1 playoff game.

Love it!!!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If it's foolish to play him, it's definitely foolish to play him as an emergency QB.

The emergency QB only plays if all the other QBs ahead legitimately get hurt. I don't think they can play the emergency by benching the others. He shouldn't play, but if he's cleared and something crazy happens having that insurance is just a little nicer.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My dream outcome for this is that Rodgers gets cleared before the Christmas Eve game, but then gets diagnosed with Covid and has to isolate for the rest of the season. 

At the end of the day going might be be better  scenario than that old rickety ego driven bastid coming back  for a game in this lost season and ending up Alex Smith’ed or some other gruesome career ending crap.