My personal conspiracy theory

JohnnyLV

I’d say this was likely after halftime, but it was more a function of the season being over and the Jets going YOLO than it was anything strategic or sustainable. The big excuse Zach fans have clung to was that Zach was robbed of the opportunity to work with Greg Knapp, who was effectively brought in to be Zach’s personal tutor and bubby. Rodgers gets back full time and takes Knapp’s place as the human shield protecting Zach from criticism and assorted workplace pressures. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say this was likely after halftime, but it was more a function of the season being over and the Jets going YOLO than it was anything strategic or sustainable. The big excuse Zach fans have clung to was that Zach was robbed of the opportunity to work with Greg Knapp, who was effectively brought in to be Zach’s personal tutor and bubby. Rodgers gets back full time and takes Knapp’s place as the human shield protecting Zach from criticism and assorted workplace pressures. 

Gawd. Gotta be honest. The "dead guy" excuse is my very least favorite of the Zach excuses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

After seeing all the players hugging Rodgers at the end of the game and since the play calling was completely different than any other game in the 2nd half I am convinced Rodgers was actually choosing the plays.

Lol. But the clips of Hackett in the booth after jets scores, he acted like “ he “ did something so very special. Possibly rodgers gave input, but Hackett obviously was the final decider.

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Actually it wouldn't as Rodgers already wears a headset.

Which I saw him talking into while on the sidelines during the game, and I think the announcers noted it as well...

Even if it was just him giving Hackett suggested plays based on what he was seeing I believe he was definitely involved. I would imagine he and Hackett have many plays that they have used in the past that would only take a second or two to convey to Zach like the one to Cobb for the first TD. He said on McAfee today that that play goes all the way back to Bill Walsh... Does anyone think Zach knows that off the top of his head? 

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

And cameras would capture Rodgers speaking into the headset with a play sheet in his hand if he was calling the plays. This is not complicated.

Like he did with the "Malik! Throw it to Malik!   Zach to Malik play in preseason. Rodgers don't need no stinkin play sheet... he's seen and remembers it all!