******Official Jets - Dolphins Game Thread******

joewilly12

5 hours ago, BP said:

Penalties, like dumb coaching, is a NY Jets trademark. Expect lots of that. But hopefully talent can overcome these handicaps once again.

Reborn rifle armed qb Zach Wilson won’t see soft zone coverage today. Let’s see how our brilliant OC Nate Hackett and innovative coach Saleh have game planned against the non stop run blitzes and pass blitzes which will be coming young Zach’s way.

So...Dalvin Cook up the gut every 1st down? 

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If the Jets get QB play like they did on Sunday, there’s no team in the NFL they can’t steamroll. It all falls on Zach and because of that, I don’t feel good about todays game. I hope I’m wrong and we can get Rodgers back to make a run next week

We can steamroll any team in the league.

Fire everyone!!!!!!

Jet fans………………..

• Haha 2

Tua is going to have to show he’s the guy they’re about to give $250mil to today. This game will fall on his shoulders. Injury excuses don’t apply because the team is going to lose a lot of these players once they have to pay him anyway. Let’s see if he’s the guy Miami thinks he is today…

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Tua is going to have to show he’s the guy they’re about to give $250mil to today. This game will fall on his shoulders. Injury excuses don’t apply because the team is going to lose a lot of these players once they have to pay him anyway. Let’s see if he’s the guy Miami thinks he is today…

Hopefully Bryce Huff, Jermaine Johnson and Quinnen WIlliams will also fall on his shoulders

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Imagine ZW were the QB1 for Miami?  Look at what Tua is doing with his mediocre arm.  Imagine Zach with his arm and all those weapinzz?  I know there will be sarcastic remarks about this but I'd be very concerned if that happened.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Jake Asman talking playoffs at 5-8

Tierney in all-out laughingstock Zach truther delusion mode

What could possibly go wrong? 😂

Some 9-8 team is going to get in. But Jets losses to Raiders and Chargers will make a mess of the tiebreakers even if they win out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Imagine ZW were the QB1 for Miami?  Look at what Tua is doing with his mediocre arm.  Imagine Zach with his arm and all those weapinzz?  I know there will be sarcastic remarks about this but I'd be very concerned if that happened.

This 2nd, 3rd or 4th or whatever wave of Zach Wilson delusion we are at right now really is something.

Like COVID, it just keeps coming back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This 2nd, 3rd or 4th or whatever wave of Zach Wilson delusion we are at right now really is something.

Like COVID, it just keeps coming back.

Far better than the Streveler truthers!

And I know it's crazy to be such a ZW defender.  I'm not sure how I ended up being one.  Maybe I'll end up being spectacularly wrong about him but I still think he could be a really good QB, given the right situation.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

A Jet fan acting like Tua’s performance today affects his career path in any way?😂😂😂😂

Ry, they’re dreaming big dreams this year, and we’re a doormat. Truth is they’d beat us with Mike White playing QB so this game isn’t a barometer for Tua.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

A Jet fan acting like Tua’s performance today affects his career path in any way?😂😂😂😂

Ry, they’re dreaming big dreams this year, and we’re a doormat. Truth is they’d beat us with Mike White playing QB so this game isn’t a barometer for Tua.

We will see if you’re right. Dolphin fans don’t share the same confidence that you do. They’re not dreaming very big right now

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And I know it's crazy to be such a ZW defender.  I'm not sure how I ended up being one.  Maybe I'll end up being spectacularly wrong about him but I still think he could be a really good QB, given the right situation.

I get it actually, I do.

During the Chiefs game, for example, there were moments where you felt like ok, maybe he’s figured something out.

But by the next game, you are smacked back to reality.

I think there’s a better than 50/50 chance that Joe Douglas refuses to cut bait this offseason.

Which means more pain for most of us and “hope” springing eternal for the ZW lifers.

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We will see if you’re right. Dolphin fans don’t share the same confidence that you do. They’re not dreaming very big right now

They’re going to win about 10 games and the AFC East title.
After that it’s all about being healthy and striking lightning. The AFC playoffs are wide open this year 

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Strev’s comp is Taysom Hill

Nobody ever thought he was a serious long term option at starter

I will say this though:

I found it so much easier to root for Strev than I ever did for ZW

Strev is a humble guy who has had to fight for everything he has.

There were reasons beyond football why the locker room (and even Bob Salads) rallied around MW and threw ZW under the bus, put the bus in reverse, and then backed over him again.