Jets Promote TE Zack Kuntz To Active Roster Place OL Duane Brown On IR Sign K Austin Seibert

jetsrule128

49 minutes ago, billo83 said:

What a waste it was to count on Duane Brown this year. Did he even log more than 10 plays

It;s funny but not funny!  The guy won a new award last year by being the "warrior of the year award".  This year, he deserves a new award: "Warn out Player of the year" award.  He went from a warrior to old and worn out in one year.  

Have a nice retirement Mr. Duane Brown!

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I wonder if we will actually get to see any kuntz play

nope. we seen this movie already with Izzy. he didnt touch the ball for 2 games them got one carry in garbage time. last week was the 1st time he played before the end of the game and got more than one carry.

my guess its Conkling, Ruechurt and Yeboah. Kuntz probably will play ST.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

nope. we seen this movie already with Izzy. he didnt touch the ball for 2 games them got one carry in garbage time. last week was the 1st time he played before the end of the game and got more than one carry.

Isnt ruckert concussed?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah i get very little Kuntz these days

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Kuntz had a nice preseason.  He moved really well for his size.  Good opportunity for him to show we he can do on Sundays.

It's about time! In a lost season you've got to find a way to get the young guys on the field for some experience.  Can't hide our Kuntz forever.

Saw there was a very slight chance of rain.  If so, that's an advantage for the Jets.  Nothing more dangerous than our wet Kuntz.  Just hope he doesn't stink.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Will be good to get a look at Kuntz - will make the game worth watching.

Seibert did OK filling in for Zuerlein earlier this season, looks like he might be called upon again tomorrow.

I didn't want the Rodgers signing, preferred Geno & Briskett,

The only use I had for AR was developing Kuntz, Yeboah and Ruckert

like he did for Richard  Rodgers and the other schmoe TE who

he made pretty good. I  hope we lose convincingly and our young

TEs put up #s. Losing hastens the sh!tcanning of D&S. I want to use

our picks  to draft Nix or Penixx. A receiver like Oregon's Franklin.

It's a very good year for QBs coming out get one with our first

to sit behind Aaron or to start his development when As

inevitably he falls apart again.  Get an oL coach from a program

with a history of OL  top prospects. I like Mitchell and Hanson

Duane Brown

The New York Jets announced that Duane Brown has been placed on injured reserve. This will end his season and most likely be the end of his career. It is the end of his career with the Jets at a minimum. They also signed TE Zack Kuntz to the active roster and added K Austin Siebert to the practice squad. Seibert was added as a precautionary measure because Greg Zuerlein came out of the game on Sunday with some right quad soreness.

Brown, a five-time Pro Bowler who started the first two games this season, was activated off injured reserve on Nov. 23 after dealing with shoulder and hip ailments. The veteran left tackle appeared in 12 games for the Jets last season, earning the team’s first Selfless Warrior Award, and has started all 217 regular-season games he’s appeared in over 17 NFL seasons.

Kuntz, the team’s seventh-round draft pick in the 2023 NFL Draft out of Old Dominion, has spent the season on the practice squad. He played in 10 games his final year in college and his 73 receptions were second in the country among tight ends and his 692 receiving yards ranked 9th. Kuntz started his collegiate career at Penn State from 2018-20 and appeared in 21 games for the Nittany Lions.

Seibert (5-9, 200) rejoins the practice squad after a one-week stint in September. Filling in for Greg Zeurlien, he made a 34-yard field goal and added an extra point in the Jets’ Week 2 loss to the Cowboys. Zuerlein, who nailed a 54-yard game-winning field goal last Sunday against the Commanders, is dealing with quad soreness and his status is in question for Thursday’s game at Cleveland. Seibert, drafted by the Browns in the fifth round in 2019, spent the past two seasons with the Lions and converted on 76.5% of his field goals and 100% of his extra points.

The post Jets Place OL Duane Brown on Injured Reserve; Sign TE Zack Kuntz appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...