Lead Up To Jets/Patriots Season Finale

On 12/28/2023 at 11:13 PM, jetstream23 said:

Could be Belichick’s last game as HC of the Patriots. Let’s beat that scumbag. 

one of the Jets players should just run him over full steam on the sidelines and send him flying into the drinks and watch the 5 gallon buckets of Gatorade drench him. Then they can take his cheating ass into the blue tent 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

football is about the team and personal achievements. every win Bill gets puts him closer to the record. plus he doesnt want this streak to end against us. he hates us.

this is a guy who drafted Brady in the 7th rd and Jimmy G in the back of the 2nd rd. he isnt going to care if hes picking 4th or 10th. only Jet fans cry over picking 4th or 10th.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

football is about the team and personal achievements. every win Bill gets puts him closer to the record. plus he doesnt want this streak to end against us. he hates us.

this is a guy who drafted Brady in the 7th rd and Jimmy G in the back of the 2nd rd. he isnt going to care if hes picking 4th or 10th. only Jet fans cry over picking 4th or 10th.

He is essentially the worst gm in the league, he got brady in the 6th by pure fluke he got jimmy G in the 3rd and he was a functional or better QB for the 3rd round.

He picked mac jones in the 1st and maybe ha finally learned you need a top QB.

He has also drafted mallet, stidham and zappe.

He sure as hell should care about dropping too low.

He'll try and win no doubt but a loss for the pats would be a far better thing for them.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Likely the end of an era between the Jets and Pats (a glorious one for the Pats and yet another miserable one for the Jets).  Glad we at least had one meaningful win against you guys in the 20+ years.  I wish the Jets had been a better opponent.  Would've made for some fun games.  Oh well.

I was at that playoff game. 2009? Jets kicked the crap out of the Pats. 

Bart Scott. Hate him.

1 hour ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Woody needs to be reappointed as diplomat to, oh umm someplace nice and friendly, like Afghanistan or Somalia. 

After 2015 the legacy of Bill Parcells, Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum had ended, and the Jets were left with the various functionaries reporting to Woody.  Real football thinking ceased to exist, and the team became a circus show.  

Let the patsies lose and pick a qb.  If they do it probably means the bellichicken isn’t the coach. Have they ever picked a qb in the first round since Bledsoe? Garapollo was a second or third rounder, as was brisset.  And we all know where Brady was picked.

12 hours ago, Gainzo said:

I can feel the excitement.

With the way both our teams have played this year (though really just your team since we always stink), I think "excrement" would be more apropos.

A Jets win would tie Belidweeb with Dane Reeves and Jeff Fisher as the NFL coach with the most losses in NFL history at 165 (regular season).  Let's do this and be responsible for giving this clown a sourer puss than usual!!!! 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Gainzo said:

I can feel the excitement.

Just wanted to say that, despite the cheating scandal and the fact that he hates my franchise more than any other, I still have great respect for BB.  And I'm not joking when I say that.  I still think the worst day in Jets' history was when he resigned as HC of the NYJ.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just wanted to say that, despite the cheating scandal and the fact that he hates my franchise more than any other, I still have great respect for BB.  And I'm not joking when I say that.  I still think the worst day in Jets' history was when he resigned as HC of the NYJ.

If we didn't have the 3rd quarter collapse in Denver in the 98 AFC Championship, we clearly go on to win the Super Bowl, fulfilling Tuna's promise to Leo Hess. 

I think Parcells steps down right after that (suggested) Super Bowl and Belichick takes over the team and would still be our coach.

But of course...Jets...

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we didn't have the 3rd quarter collapse in Denver in the 98 AFC Championship, we clearly go on to win the Super Bowl, fulfilling Tuna's promise to Leo Hess. 

I think Parcells steps down right after that (suggested) Super Bowl and Belichick takes over the team and would still be our coach.

But of course...Jets...

Belidork is Sam Rutigliano without Tom Brady

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think Zach has taken his last snap as a Jet.

A lot of time between now and next season. I’m sure he’s back in Utah lounging without a care in the world anyways. If the Jets bring him back as the backup, don’t worry, we’ll have the usual cheerleaders here telling us why it’s actually good. 

Normally I would say the Jets would win this game in classic Jets fashion.  But this sets up a bit in their favor to lose, BB's last game perhaps, also its a road game, and the NE players are playing hard to finish good on film for the next coach and regime, plus NE is probably better at this point.   Still all that being said, it will probably still happen and we drop to 13th in a meaningless 2nd win in 3 weeks...

• Sympathy 1