Lead Up To Jets/Patriots Season Finale

15 hours ago, doitny said:

football is about the team and personal achievements. every win Bill gets puts him closer to the record. plus he doesnt want this streak to end against us. he hates us.

this is a guy who drafted Brady in the 7th rd and Jimmy G in the back of the 2nd rd. he isnt going to care if hes picking 4th or 10th. only Jet fans cry over picking 4th or 10th.

Apparently the Cheats have not signed a single pick from the first three rounds to a second contract since 2013. Belicheat apparently is as bad at grocery shopping as Parcells was.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Normally I would say the Jets would win this game in classic Jets fashion.  But this sets up a bit in their favor to lose, BB's last game perhaps, also its a road game, and the NE players are playing hard to finish good on film for the next coach and regime, plus NE is probably better at this point.   Still all that being said, it will probably still happen and we drop to 13th in a meaningless 2nd win in 3 weeks...

We can’t finish lower than 12th

• Upvote 1

Let the patsies lose and pick a qb.  If they do it probably means the bellichicken isn’t the coach. Have they ever picked a qb in the first round since Bledsoe? Garapollo was a second or third rounder, as was brisset.  And we all know where Brady was picked.
Mac Jones was picked #15 overall

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

A lot of time between now and next season. I’m sure he’s back in Utah lounging without a care in the world anyways. If the Jets bring him back as the backup, don’t worry, we’ll have the usual cheerleaders here telling us why it’s actually good. 
Nah, he's on a beach with a stack of good books. Again.

Normally I would say the Jets would win this game in classic Jets fashion.  But this sets up a bit in their favor to lose, BB's last game perhaps, also its a road game, and the NE players are playing hard to finish good on film for the next coach and regime, plus NE is probably better at this point.   Still all that being said, it will probably still happen and we drop to 13th in a meaningless 2nd win in 3 weeks...
They gave playoff / division bound Buffalo a really strong effort on Sunday. They're not tanking.

31 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Mac Jones was picked #15 overall

I stand corrected.  Maybe they haven’t drafted a qb in the first round because they had Brady for 20 seasons.  But even there, before Bledsoe, they picked Eason over Marino.  And before that I think they picked plunkett.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I stand corrected.  Maybe they haven’t drafted a qb in the first round because they had Brady for 20 seasons.  But even there, before Bledsoe, they picked Eason over Marino.  And before that I think they picked plunkett.

Technically, Eason went to and won as many Superbowls as Dan.  Just saying.  Plunket won one.  Not with the Patriots of course, with a good team.

What is the first-round success rate of first round QBs?  Maybe in a good year 50%?

That does not matter.  Maybe the guy they draft is a bust or is Mac/Eason v2.0.  Or maybe he can actually play.  They have to shoot their shot at fixing that position.  

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Technically, Eason went to and won as many Superbowls as Dan.  Just saying.  Plunket won one.  Not with the Patriots of course, with a good team.

What is the first-round success rate of first round QBs?  Maybe in a good year 50%?

That does not matter.  Maybe the guy they draft is a bust or is Mac/Eason v2.0.  Or maybe he can actually play.  They have to shoot their shot at fixing that position.  

Plunket won two SBs.  He's known for being the exception to the rule that winning 2 SBs gets you into the HOF.

When I was in Boot Camp at Ft Benning, we were doing our Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare training section. Some smart ass Cadre NCO told a buddy of mine,  "Know what NBC stands for, kid? Nobody cares". 

About an hour later, the CSM of TRADOC, in charge of the Sand Hill Training Battalions was doing a "drop in" to see some recruits. Of COURSE, he goes to that same guy and says, "So, son, what does NBC stand for?" And of COURSE, the idiot says, with full confidence,  "Nobody Cares, Command Sergeant Major!!"

Fun times.

We laughed and laughed until our arms fell off from the push-ups...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

We can’t finish lower than 12th

It’s amazing how so many guys can be so interested in where we will pick in the draft, yet not know this with only one game to go.

You don’t need Tankathon, or a math degree. You don’t have to look up various scenarios, just check the league standings.
New Orleans has 8 wins. They’re #13. We can’t win that many games. Sheesh.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pats fans coming on here and feeling sorry for themselves is the most pathetic thing I’ve seen since the ending of Episode 9. Y’all can eat infinity bags of dicks. 

I enjoyed 9 seconds of that movie. I saw Dennis Lawson on screen as Wedge, smiled, and then I burned the theater down.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I bet New England Patriots fans think that those stupid space horses were cool.

JJ Abrams: "Well, we're making a space movie. But lets not take any of the properties of vacuum, gravity, stellar distances, or any other even fantasy based physics into consideration..."

The Expanse: "Hold my beer..."

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Has there every been a Jets-Pats game with less juice?  The Jets aren’t even relevant as a spoiler.  The Jets aren’t even a turd.   The Jets are an abandoned compost pile.

We can (at least potentially) spoil their chances at getting a FQB.  Go Pats!!!

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Plunket won two SBs.  He's known for being the exception to the rule that winning 2 SBs gets you into the HOF.

I thought he did.  I was not sure he was around for the second one and clearly I was too lazy to look.

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:26 AM, T0mShane said:

Belichick is a deity amongst that base

Maybe true for the fractional portion of the “fan base” that was around prior to 2000 and could actually name more than 5 players in any given year.

For the majority of them including all the “fans” that became “fans” after ‘02, they all fled to Tampa with Brady, and are now nowhere to be found. Most of them want the pats to tank and Belichick fired.

I know because almost every major relationship in my life outside of my brother and parents is with massholes or Boston sports fans (northern CT or north eastern NY). Even my kids are half masshole - but I’m saving them. Also, due to where I went to undergrad and lived for years after - I was fully entrenched in Boston sports, and got to witness their “fandom” up close. For the most part, they’re ******* scum of the earth people.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Maybe true for the fractional portion of the “fan base” that was around prior to 2000 and could actually name more than 5 players in any given year.

For the majority of them including all the “fans” that became “fans” after ‘02, they all fled to Tampa with Brady, and are now nowhere to be found. Most of them want the pats to tank and Belichick fired.

I know because almost every major relationship in my life outside of my brother and parents is with massholes or Boston sports fans (northern CT or north eastern NY). Even my kids are half masshole - but I’m saving them. Also, due to where I went to undergrad and lived for years after - I was fully entrenched in Boston sports, and got to witness their “fandom” up close. For the most part, they’re ******* scum of the earth people.

Connecticut doesn't count lol. The majority of the fanbase is from Mass, Rhode Island, NH and Maine (in that order). I had season tix from 1992 - 2010 and can count the fans from CT that I met at those games on one hand. 

It's going to snow up this way on Saturday Night/Sunday. Not sure how much will fall in Foxboro but snow games are always fun to watch.

Snow can only help two terrible football teams.

The Jets record currently probably under-reflects the actual quality of their football team.

But winning on Sunday does no good.  Only bad comes from it.  Trevor Siemian does not need a win.  They should put Garrett, Breece and Sauce on IR.   We don't need NEP to get Maye or Williams, and we don't need to draft Brock Bowers. 

We need to lose.  We won't.  We will win. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I've told the story here many times before. After the Army, I wound up living in South Boston ('Southie', lived at I and 8th Street, down a block from the Sports Club and gym, near Castle Island) back in the mid/late 90s. Bartender at a couple of Sports Bars there for a time, Allston Station and Champions at Copley Place. Pats fans were an endangered species. I wore my Chrebet Jersey to work on Sundays, and walking around the City, including the supposedly tough and hard-core Southie.

Nobody cared. 

Pop a Yankee hat on, and it was a LOT different. It's a mostly fake fanbase.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/3/2024 at 2:23 PM, Bungaman said:

Apparently the Cheats have not signed a single pick from the first three rounds to a second contract since 2013. Belicheat apparently is as bad at grocery shopping as Parcells was.  

This is hard to believe. Woww

17 hours ago, Biggs said:

Has there every been a Jets-Pats game with less juice?  The Jets aren’t even relevant as a spoiler.  The Jets aren’t even a turd.   The Jets are an abandoned compost pile.

Not really.  Abandoned compost piles serve an environmental purpose. The Jets serve no purpose.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets record currently probably under-reflects the actual quality of their football team.

But winning on Sunday does no good.  Only bad comes from it.  Trevor Siemian does not need a win.  They should put Garrett, Breece and Sauce on IR.   We don't need NEP to get Maye or Williams, and we don't need to draft Brock Bowers. 

And help the Patriots land their next franchise quarterback.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be so sure that we'll win. Patsies had a horrendous first quarter, turning the ball over and being inept in general. Other than the opening kick TD return they showed nothing.

But by the end of the game it was what, a six point loss against a playoff / possible division winning team? BB will not be doing anything other than trying to win on Sunday, 100%. Are we actually good enough to think a win is a forgone conclusion?