Soft Gardner tweeting out his “stats” after an embarrassing loss again

Matt39

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t blame him at all. He’s doing great on a TERRIBLE team and needs to worry about his best interests. Not one player on this team should “buy in” or put the team first until there is reason to do so. Self preservation and personal interests being priority is completely justified. 

Nah. At some point the players have to step up on their own. Watching this type of effort is maddening 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nah. At some point the players have to step up on their own. Watching this type of effort is maddening 

He should have tried there. It was 1st down, even if you get flagged it's only gonna end up on the half yard line.

I wouldn't get worked up about this though. I'd need to see more evidence of this being consistent. Sauce is a stud.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That was bad but my point was that him focusing on his interests is the least of this team’s concerns. Build a respectable program first and players will put the team first and not collapse/give up every year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, ludicrous take.

What is a young elite defender on this team supposed to do? Hang his head in shame like he has anything to do with this mess?

We're lucky Sauce, GW, Breece, etc. aren't trying to get traded. How dare they point out that they've actually played extremely well?

Trading him or him asking for a trade would be good. You can actually get assets for him and you’re not losing much from a production/leadership standpoint. The Jets need offense more than a corner. Echols and Carter could easily fill the void opposite Reed. The Jets are the same team with or without Gardner on the roster. I’d argue the Eagles game could indicate they may be better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

Yes, let’s move on from Sauce Gardner and trade him for picks.

Such a stupid take 

It’s not. If Gardner lands a high pick and you can convert it to offense why not? The Jets actually have depth at CB. And if he’s not going to travel…even more of a reason. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not. If Gardner lands a high pick and you can convert it to offense why not? The Jets actually have depth at CB. And if he’s not going to travel…even more of a reason. 

Did you watch this defense in 2021?

What kind of return do you think we will get for a 2nd year corner that will likely have 2 all pros to his name his first 2 years? And you want to hand that to Joe Douglas of all people?

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Did you watch this defense in 2021?

What kind of return do you think we will get for a 2nd year corner that will likely have 2 all pros to his name his first 2 years? And you want to hand that to Joe Douglas of all people?

You tell me- what is the return for him?

5 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

One of the many terrible takes you have. 

Unfortunately they always turn out to be correct. A man corner taken 4th overall to play zone, without the zone instincts to pick the ball off is a waste of a talent. The Jets pass defense is easily beatable by decent teams, and the AFC east teams have had zero issues passing the ball. If the staff is actually returning, he’s an obvious trade candidate. Sherman was what a 5th rounder? 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Unfortunately they always turn out to be correct. A man corner taken 4th overall to play zone, without the zone instincts to pick the ball off is a waste of a talent. The Jets pass defense is easily beatable by decent teams, and the AFC east teams have had zero issues passing the ball. If the staff is actually returning, he’s an obvious trade candidate. Sherman was what a 5th rounder? 

Unfortunately. No. 

It's funny i thought for sure this post was by the same guy who get posting to trade Sauce in the game thread last night.  Guess there are actually two of you who believe trading your youngest, best players on their rookies contracts is a good idea.  The only positive i can take is that there are at least two people worse at talent evaluation and roster construction than our own general manager.     

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

A lot of fans have been saying, tank, lose them all. Tank for the draft pick, winning means nothing.

Well on paper losing gets you a better pick.

In reality losing also breaks things along the way. These stress fractures add up and then you end up having even more problems.

Winning is good.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I see what you are saying now. This is a statement more about them not using Sauce to his full capacity as a shut down man corner?

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I see what you are saying now. This is a statement more about them not using Sauce to his full capacity as a shut down man corner?

I do think there’s something to this. I think Sauce will be a lot more valuable when he can actually stick with guys like Lamb and Waddle all game rather than just covering a side of the field or whatever the **** we have him do. 

• Upvote 3