Where will Zach Wilson end up next year? As in what team?

wherever he goes he will be on the P.S. nobody in their right mind will have him as a backup after seeing him for 3 years. Zach was supposed to sit this year and have a reset and that's what his new team will do. after seeing so many #2s play this year there is no way you can have Zach any chance at getting in a game.

and if that doesnt do it watching him in practice for a few months will make his new team put him on the P.S 

no more free rides for Zach. for once as a pro hes going to have to earn a spot on his new team.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

My guess is Denver, rams, or niners.  And yes, there is a chance he will be with the jets.

1. Nobody wants to give up anything of value for Zach 

2. Woody still believes in him

3. JD still believes in him

Zach Wilson will be starting games for us in 2024

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

i wanted to give you the "throw up" emoji for this but i think it gives you neg reps and your a good poster and dont deserve that for stating something that could very well happen.

so im just going to give myself a "throw up" emoji cause thats how a feel right now after reading this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

There less than 1% chance he is a Jet.

There is this thing called a salary cap.  The Jets have a couple of options.

-Pick up his 5th year option.  Committing ~$25M to him for 2025.  

-Decline option, but extend him for 2025.  What the Packers did w/Love.  Bigger hit next year, but smaller hit in 2025.

A-A-Ron is a $17M and $51M cap hit the next two years.  The Jets can do it.  Who are you willing to cut and/or not extend the next two years for a QB scheduled to take 0 snaps?

He will be traded or cut.

Trade:

-Houston.  Need him?  No.  He is probably better than Keenum and Mills.

-Cincinnati.  Similar to above.  Browning is an RFA.  How much are the Bengals willing to tender?  Flip Browining and replace with next project.

-Arizona.  Similar to Houston.  QB2 is Clayton Tune.

There are other teams that have cap space and have an entrenched starter or might want to roll the dice.  The Commanders would be a place, but who will be the HC next year?  Same with Atlanta.

Cut:

KC, Rams, Broncos, Browns, Packers or Giants.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am sure Mike LaFleur will put in the good word!

You mean like pounding the table?  The thing is these coaches don’t really care that much about what the fans think.  I’m sure milfy like schitty before him don’t care.  And if he is worth anything then maybe the second time around he learns how to coach.

7 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

There less than 1% chance he is a Jet.

There is this thing called a salary cap.  The Jets have a couple of options.

-Pick up his 5th year option.  Committing ~$25M to him for 2025.  

-Decline option, but extend him for 2025.  What the Packers did w/Love.  Bigger hit next year, but smaller hit in 2025.

A-A-Ron is a $17M and $51M cap hit the next two years.  The Jets can do it.  Who are you willing to cut and/or not extend the next two years for a QB scheduled to take 0 snaps?

He will be traded or cut.

Trade:

-Houston.  Need him?  No.  He is probably better than Keenum and Mills.

-Cincinnati.  Similar to above.  Browning is an RFA.  How much are the Bengals willing to tender?  Flip Browining and replace with next project.

-Arizona.  Similar to Houston.  QB2 is Clayton Tune.

There are other teams that have cap space and have an entrenched starter or might want to roll the dice.  The Commanders would be a place, but who will be the HC next year?  Same with Atlanta.

Cut:

KC, Rams, Broncos, Browns, Packers or Giants.

unless im reading this wrong on Spotrac Zach has a 11 mil dollar cap hit whether he stays or goes. 

if you keep him your going to get a cheap QB for #3. all teams do. if you cut him you have to bring in a Marriota who made 5 mil to back up Hurts this year. thats 16 Mil for QB 2. now with Rodgers only making 17 mil next year paying 33 mil for your QB room is nothing. but will Woody go for Zach playing for another team while he pays him 11 mill.?

well its 5 mil in cash but 11 mil in dead cap hit.

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

You mean like pounding the table?  The thing is these coaches don’t really care that much about what the fans think.  I’m sure milfy like schitty before him don’t care.  And if he is worth anything then maybe the second time around he learns how to coach.

I mean, like the little douche made LaFleur stay on the field when he wanted to be in the booth and literally scapegoated the guy out of a job.  There were plenty of reports about LaFleur wanting to stick with White or go to him earlier, yet here we are.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I mean, like the little douche made LaFleur stay on the field when he wanted to be in the booth and literally scapegoated the guy out of a job.  There were plenty of reports about LaFleur wanting to stick with White or go to him earlier, yet here we are.

The timelines on these things are interesting. Lafleur made the comments about how Zach shouldn’t have started as a rookie and then a week later was fired(all right after last year ended). And then the tides turned and all of a sudden Wilson was being brought back.

Coincidentally, Zach went into witness protection at the end of last season if you recall after White tried to play with broken ribs against Seattle.  The Jets started Flacco Week 18 @ Miami. No different than Zach disappearing again this year. Would I be shocked if they’re using the same playbook to bring him back? I almost expect it at this point. The whole thing is rotten. 

• Upvote 1

Rams, Broncos, or Jets in that order
Eagles and 49ers less likely but worth mentioning 

• Rams are probably the most natural fit. MLF and Zach had a rocky working relationship, but their personal relationship was never an issue. It's also not the same situation... MLF has less influence in their passing game- he's been more involved in reinvigorating their rushing attack whereas Zac Robinson, Jake Peetz, and McVay are more intimately involved with the quarterbacks. Working behind Stafford is a very similar situation to what he expected to be in for the next few years as Rodgers' understudy, he'd be closer to home/offseason training, and there would be a lot of faith that the infrastructure the Rams have would be best for him in the long run. If Zach is traded, I would imagine this is where he would want to end up. 
  • Broncos are a team to keep an eye on for Zach and Mac Jones. They're not in a great position to draft a QB, and Sean Payton has high opinion of both players' abilities. Could be a situation where he has a camp battle between Stidham and a reclamation project, instead of drafting a guy in round 1. 
  • I'm fully aware most Jet fans are disgusted by this scenario, but the possibility remains that Zach is back. I do think that currently, Saleh and Zach want fresh starts. I think Woody Johnson is going to put pressure on the FO to get a proven veteran backup. The wildcards are JD (and the front office) + Rodgers. Right or wrong, A-Rod will easily sway the opinion of ownership and his coach. The front office still believes in his talent. Their plan went to sh*t 4 plays into the season, but make no mistake: they spent a lot of time and effort on their Zach Wilson strategy, and this front office has been reluctant to give up on players. If they feel cooler heads can prevail and everyone is on board with working together, the compromise would be bringing in a proven veteran and allowing them to compete for the #2/#3 pecking order... worst case scenario you can trade the players at a later date. 
  • Eagles toyed with trading up for Zach in the draft, and Brian Johnson did a lot of homework on him when he was considering the Jets for the OC role before getting promoted. Could be one to watch. 
  • I expect the 49ers to try and bring back Sam, but if they don't, they are right behind the Rams as "favorites" 

Ultimately, I expect him to get traded to LA and the Jets will try like hell to convince Ryan Tannehill to come here as a backup on a reasonable salary. 

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

• Rams are probably the most natural fit. MLF and Zach had a rocky working relationship, but their personal relationship was never an issue. It's also not the same situation... MLF has less influence in their passing game- he's been more involved in reinvigorating their rushing attack whereas Zac Robinson, Jake Peetz, and McVay are more intimately involved with the passing game. Zach would wind up in LA as Stafford understudy with MLF acting as more of a familiarity guy. Learning behind Stafford is a very similar situation to what he expected to be in for the next few years behind Rodgers here, he'd be closer to home/offseason training, and there would be a lot of faith that the infrastructure there would be best for him in the long run. If Zach is traded, I would imagine this is where he would want to end up. 
  • Broncos are a team to keep an eye on for Zach and Mac Jones. They're not in a great position to draft a QB, and Sean Payton has high opinion of both players' abilities. Could be a situation where he has a camp battle between Stidham and a reclamation project, instead of drafting a guy in round 1. 
  • I'm fully aware most Jet fans are disgusted by this scenario, but the possibility remains that Zach is back. I do think that currently, Saleh and Zach want fresh starts. I think Woody Johnson is going to put pressure on the FO to get a proven veteran backup. The wildcards are JD (and the front office) + Rodgers. Right or wrong, A-Rod will easily sway the opinion of ownership and his coach. The front office still believes in his talent. Their plan went to sh*t 4 plays into the season, but make no mistake: they spent a lot of time and effort on their Zach Wilson strategy, and this front office has been reluctant to give up on players. If they feel cooler heads can prevail and everyone is on board with working together, the compromise would be bringing in a proven veteran and allowing them to compete for the #2/#3 pecking order... worst case scenario you can trade the players at a later date. 
  • Eagles toyed with trading up for Zach in the draft, and Brian Johnson did a lot of homework on him when he was considering the Jets for the OC role before getting promoted. Could be one to watch. 
  • I expect the 49ers to try and bring back Sam, but if they don't, they are right behind the Rams as "favorites" 

Ultimately, I expect him to get traded to LA and the Jets will try like hell to convince Ryan Tannehill to come here as a backup on a reasonable salary. 

Curious- what was the time and effort behind the Zach Wilson strategy? What did Saleh mean when he told him to figure out what he wants to do with his life? Did the Jets ever ask him to move to NY/NJ? Or is moonlighting from Utah an acceptable arrangement? Does anyone know where Zach even is right now?

No offense, just not buying it’s not Woody driving this. Glazer reported they moved on last year, and then Saleh is forced to fire MLF, and then Pauline report comes out a few weeks later from the winter meetings saying Woody is the one who wants him back. We’re these stories made up?

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty confident his time with the Jets is done.  I don't really care where he goes, but he will likely land on a roster somewhere.

Looking forward to the time we can stop talking about this failed draft pick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

unless im reading this wrong on Spotrac Zach has a 11 mil dollar cap hit whether he stays or goes. 

if you keep him your going to get a cheap QB for #3. all teams do. if you cut him you have to bring in a Marriota who made 5 mil to back up Hurts this year. thats 16 Mil for QB 2. now with Rodgers only making 17 mil next year paying 33 mil for your QB room is nothing. but will Woody go for Zach playing for another team while he pays him 11 mill.?

well its 5 mil in cash but 11 mil in dead cap hit.

I could be wrong.  I believe if you trade him, you gain almost half of the 11 million back (salary and roster bonus).  If that is correct, then I think moving on now (before next season when he has value) from a QB you already replaced is wiser. 

I understand your point and agree with it to a degree.  Like with the Patriots, why bring back someone you have moved on from.  Trade when you can.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Curious- what was the time and effort behind the Zach Wilson strategy? What did Saleh mean when he told him to figure out what he wants to do with his life? Did the Jets ever ask him to move to NY/NJ? Or is moonlighting from Utah an acceptable arrangement? Does anyone know where Zach even is right now?

No offense, just not buying it’s not Woody driving this. Glazer reported they moved on last year, and then Saleh is forced to fire MLF, and then Pauline report comes out a few weeks later from the winter meetings saying Woody is the one who wants him back. We’re these stories made up?

The front office fought tooth and nail to keep him. I know you believe ownership "forced" their hand, but everything I have heard was that Woody was ready to move on. What fans don't seem to realize is that most of the "leaks" in our organization have persistently emanated from that wing of the building for over 10 years now. Woody and Hymie's stance was that he can remain with the team and be apart of the long-term plan under the condition that an established QB was acquired, which everyone was on board with. 

Their strategy with him has been widely publicized for anyone paying attention. They did a deep dive on a lot of the issues he faced, what went wrong with the coaching staff post-Knapp's untimely death, they admitted that they made a mistake by forcing him into the lineup year 1 and felt he became a victim of expectations in year 2, they laid out scenarios to all those involved how they felt they could rectify what went wrong to establish long-term success for him here (ownership, OC candidates, Zach/his agent, agents of potential QB targets, and to Rodgers/Carr directly). The "plan" was to give Zach a fresh start but on this team. They wanted to treat 2023 as if he was a rookie again, with the expectation/hope that he would develop into the player they felt he'd be, and eventually get a chance to be the successor to whatever veteran QB was acquired.

Do I think Glazer, Connor Hughes, Zack Rosenblatt, Rich Cimini, Tony Pauline, etc. etc. simply made up the stories? No. I think they jumped to conclusions based on passing statements made by some lose lipped executives (specifically business people) that maybe don't speak with JD/football ops wing enough to know what he was actually planning. Not to come off as cocky or a know-it-all, but when Glazer's report came out, I was the first one on here saying it wasn't going to happen and got killed for it. I didn't just make it up. JD told Zach's agents that the reports were false as soon as the beat writers started speculating that he wouldn't be back. Take it or leave it I really don't care, but those are the facts. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, football guy said:

Rams are probably the most natural fit. MLF and Zach had a rocky working relationship, but their personal relationship was never an issue. It's also not the same situation... MLF has less influence in their passing game- he's been more involved in reinvigorating their rushing attack whereas Zac Robinson, Jake Peetz, and McVay are more intimately involved with the quarterbacks. Working behind Stafford is a very similar situation to what he expected to be in for the next few years as Rodgers' understudy, he'd be closer to home/offseason training, and there would be a lot of faith that the infrastructure the Rams have would be best for him in the long run. If Zach is traded, I would imagine this is where he would want to end up. 

And get to play with his fellow BYU alum Puka Nacua.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

• Rams are probably the most natural fit. MLF and Zach had a rocky working relationship, but their personal relationship was never an issue. It's also not the same situation... MLF has less influence in their passing game- he's been more involved in reinvigorating their rushing attack whereas Zac Robinson, Jake Peetz, and McVay are more intimately involved with the quarterbacks. Working behind Stafford is a very similar situation to what he expected to be in for the next few years as Rodgers' understudy, he'd be closer to home/offseason training, and there would be a lot of faith that the infrastructure the Rams have would be best for him in the long run. If Zach is traded, I would imagine this is where he would want to end up. 

LaFluer got fired because of him, he’s not going to the Rams.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

The front office fought tooth and nail to keep him. I know you believe ownership "forced" their hand, but everything I have heard was that Woody was ready to move on. What fans don't seem to realize is that most of the "leaks" in our organization have persistently emanated from that wing of the building for over 10 years now. Woody and Hymie's stance was that he can remain with the team and be apart of the long-term plan under the condition that an established QB was acquired, which everyone was on board with. 

Their strategy with him has been widely publicized for anyone paying attention. They did a deep dive on a lot of the issues he faced, what went wrong with the coaching staff post-Knapp's untimely death, they admitted that they made a mistake by forcing him into the lineup year 1 and felt he became a victim of expectations in year 2, they laid out scenarios to all those involved how they felt they could rectify what went wrong to establish long-term success for him here (ownership, OC candidates, Zach/his agent, agents of potential QB targets, and to Rodgers/Carr directly). The "plan" was to give Zach a fresh start but on this team. They wanted to treat 2023 as if he was a rookie again, with the expectation/hope that he would develop into the player they felt he'd be, and eventually get a chance to be the successor to whatever veteran QB was acquired.

Do I think Glazer, Connor Hughes, Zack Rosenblatt, Rich Cimini, Tony Pauline, etc. etc. simply made up the stories? No. I think they jumped to conclusions based on passing statements made by some lose lipped executives (specifically business people) that maybe don't speak with JD/football ops wing enough to know what he was actually planning. Not to come off as cocky or a know-it-all, but when Glazer's report came out, I was the first one on here saying it wasn't going to happen and got killed for it. I didn't just make it up. JD told Zach's agents that the reports were false as soon as the beat writers started speculating that he wouldn't be back. Take it or leave it I really don't care, but those are the facts. 

This would make sense if he were brought back as the 3rd guy or if they brought in Wentz/Flacco once Rodgers went down. Just not buying it, the rationale doesn’t compute. Zach’s 3 years in. A season on the bench at this point as a favor is not how real organizations operate. He’s started a boatload of games. Cut the cord and let him go to Utah full time. 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I expect the 49ers to try and bring back Sam, but if they don't, they are right behind the Rams as "favorites" 

The Jets should have brought back Sam this season (and traded ZW).

I doubt he would have had any interest but hey, money talks.

• Upvote 1