Firings Today

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

New GM and coaching staff. They have something we don't: hope.

Well I don’t blame you for being down of the GM and staff they had a horrendous year.  However we did lose our QB we invested a lot in 4 plays in.  Not an excuse but they are going to get a shot with a healthy Rodgers.  If they fail again they’re gonev

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't the owner (Tepper) overrule the GM on which QB to take?

Woody Johnson, otoh, at least demanded that JD take Sauce

So that is now 3 head coaches and 3 interm head coaches for the Panthers since Tepper took over in 2018. 

Looks like he is going to hire some consultants in helping him find a new head coach. (Seems I have heard that before as well.)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

So that is now 3 head coaches and 3 interm head coaches for the Panthers since Tepper took over in 2018. 

Looks like he is going to hire some consultants in helping him find a new head coach. (Seems I have heard that before as well.)

Qb issues. Good QBs keep entire organizations employed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Fitterer was another guy who was a HOT commodity when he was hired.  Came out of the Seahawks organization and worked for John Idzik, I think, for a couple of years.

I think was close to becoming the Jets GM.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's gonna force the Patriots to leapfrog him for a QB, book it

That Atlanta job looks pretty good too. Weak division, team is good. Just needs a qb. That offense has weapons, defense is decent.

• Upvote 2

That Atlanta job looks pretty good too. Weak division, team is good. Just needs a qb. That offense has weapons, defense is decent.
Defense has really improved, used to be a disaster but really came on this year. Like you say, good opportunity for the new guy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

This is BB's path to success, good defense, good qb that can execute his evil plan and a weak division where he can rack up easy wins each year and possibly have home playoff games. 

Rivera was gone long ago.   He was essentially  a lame duck coach unless the commanders massively overachieved.

Arthur Smith canned as well.  He was handicapped by crap QBing but had lots of other offensive talent.