Remaining AFC Teams

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Texans, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens

We beat 2 of them and took the 3rd that we played to the wire with Zach Wilson at QB. Next year, God willing, we will have a massive upgrade at QB and the guy who literally helped build the offense we're running.

This year sucked hard and the offense was absolutely disgusting to watch at times. Add a few key pieces and the difference could be night and day.

It will be night and day Sign 3 OL 1 WR and the rest BPA via the draft and we will be very hard to deal with barring any catastrophic injury issues like we have become used too.

I still say trade up to get the LT we want don't wait for one to fall to us

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

It will be night and day Sign 3 OL 1 WR and the rest BPA via the draft and we will be very hard to deal with barring any catastrophic injury issues like we have become used too.

I don't think I'd ever trade up for OL again

• Upvote 1

A few weeks ago I would have disagreed on the principle of the CS holding the roster back, but watching the Todd Bowles-led Bucs dismantle the Eagles I think there may be a chance for playoffs next season with a few extra pieces.

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We beat 2 of them and took the 3rd that we played to the wire with Zach Wilson at QB. Next year, God willing, we will have a massive upgrade at QB and the guy who literally helped build the offense we're running.

This year sucked hard and the offense was absolutely disgusting to watch at times. Add a few key pieces and the difference could be night and day.

3 of the 4 QB's were available to us to draft.  But no, our GM's are so Jetsy.  

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Offseason Priorities: Need 2-3 additions to OL and a healthy AVT and Tippmann.  Get that WR2.  Find a very capable backup QB.

4 hours ago, Vader said:

I simply don't see AR8 playing better than "average".  We need more than a backup. We need a real QB , AR8 won 9 games his last season at GB??? Only Woody wants a 39 year old QB that a true organization let walk. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I see we have entered the delusional optimism phase where everybody now builds the team up into being great.

you're right. we should all just wallow in misery and proclaim 2024 a lost cause....🙄

the truth is saleh isn't a great coach, and douglass isn't a great gm. but if we rebuild the oline and get some more offensive skiil pieces, the team can compete with a healthy rodgers. the defense is good enough, not quite elite but in the higher tier of defenses in the league. if they could learn tto stop the run and if the coaches could learn to be a bit more flexible with their "system" they could even improve next year. 

• Upvote 2

My optimism comes at a price this year. If I’m going to be optimistic I want an actual NFL level back up and draft a kid in any part of the draft they like to sit behind Rodgers. If they do that I will bring some seriously misguided optimism. Deal? 

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thanks for the hot take, Bobby Salad.

james corden ok GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When you have a top defense you can beat anyone. When you have a pathetic offense you can lose to anyone. With Aaron  Rodgers  healthy this season I believe we would have been a playoff team. Unfortunately he got hurt 4 plays in and we saw the result. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I simply don't see AR8 playing better than "average".  We need more than a backup. We need a real QB , AR8 won 9 games his last season at GB??? Only Woody wants a 39 year old QB that a true organization let walk. 

Even if you're right and he's only average it's a huge difference from what we've been getting at the QB position. I think we will get better than that but understand why you think we wouldn't. Remember he was MVP in back to back seasons before his last season at GB where he was playing w/an injured thumb in his throwing hand.

I am concerned with his ability to stay healthy at his age given his recent history.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

you're right. we should all just wallow in misery and proclaim 2024 a lost cause....🙄

the truth is saleh isn't a great coach, and douglass isn't a great gm. but if we rebuild the oline and get some more offensive skiil pieces, the team can compete with a healthy rodgers. the defense is good enough, not quite elite but in the higher tier of defenses in the league. if they could learn tto stop the run and if the coaches could learn to be a bit more flexible with their "system" they could even improve next year. 

Yea I said that about the defensive system last year in being more flexible. Specifically, I want them to work in some wrinkles where they have some ability to allow Sauce follow people around. It would be a huge deal to be able to mix in at times. If an opposing WR is just going off or maybe as a new wrinkle to throw in for a playoff game the other team isn't expecting. playoffs? you wanna talk about - eh, nevermind.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Even if you're right and he's only average it's a huge difference from what we've been getting at the QB position. I think we will get better than that but understand why you think we wouldn't. Remember he was MVP in back to back seasons before his last season at GB where he was playing w/an injured thumb in his throwing hand.

I am concerned with his ability to stay healthy at his age given his recent history.

It's not a strategic plan of well run organizations.  In fact it symbolizes our lack of any vision as an organization. Most well run companies have a 2, 5 and10 year plan.   We don't.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Nope. They are a bottom feeder team in the AFC until they show they are not.

Yea. No s**t.

I don't think anybody is saying they are a great team by any means. I think most will agree that if the Jets can address the o-line and WR2 in FA and/or the draft, and add a solid QB2, they will be, at minimum a dangerous team- with our defense and a healthy Rodgers. Obviously we won't know until the games are played.  We could be a complete wreck next year and Rodgers could be a complete shell of his former self. OR we could be a dangerous team with Rodgers protected, multiple weapons, and the defense playing even better than they did this year. And if Rodgers gets hurt in week one next year, we will really never know what could have been.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

From what I saw recently from a draft guy - sorry, will have to search for it again, is that the top 8 OL are very good and they don't think one or two are much better than the rest. No need to trade up for OL - great draft for them.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

It's not a strategic plan of well run organizations.  In fact it symbolizes our lack of any vision as an organization. Most well run companies have a 2, 5 and10 year plan.   We don't.

I don't think Woody is smart enough to count to 10...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They also lost to the Falcons, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers and were blown out in 6 of their 10 losses.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you think that happens with a healthy Aaron Rodgers running the offense? 

Are you asking if things would have been different w/ Rodgers?  Sure.  Maybe.  Idk.  Probably

If you're saying it will be different w/ Rodgers.  That I really dont know, I mean, who does?  We have no idea what form of Rodgers we're getting when/if he finally takes the field. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Are you asking if things would have been different w/ Rodgers?  Sure.  Maybe.  Idk.  Probably

If you're saying it will be different w/ Rodgers.  That I really dont know, I mean, who does?  We have no idea what form of Rodgers we're getting when/if he finally takes the field. 

DALLE2023-11-2708_44.26-AnartisticimageofafootballplayerresemblingAaronRodgersandwearingthenumber8risingoutoftheasheslikeaphoenixtosymbolizetherev.thumb.png.daf0bb9617e10bed5261efceb1993acd.png