Seattle Hires Macdonald as HC

DC fans starting to freak out, every top candidate they wanted has either said "Na, staying a Coordinator" or got hired elsewhere so far.

Gonna be interesting to see who DC winds up with as their 5th or 6th preferred choice, lol.

Least it isn't us let hanging this year I guess.

Great spot for him.  Stable organization with good defensive pieces already in place.  His defense is really well put together schematically and they do a lot of really fun things.  It's been great to watch the evolution of that Ravens defense this year under him.  To me (and ive been wrong before) but him and Ben Johnson were the two candidates this year i was most excited about other than the sure things in vrable.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Least it isn't us let hanging this year I guess

Which if Saleh was fired would probably be the case, if we're being honest. Not that I want Saleh to stay but the more I think about it the more I realize that's probably what would happen, contrary to what a lot of people on here say.

I like this move for them.  Good young defensive coach, coming to a team with some good young defensive players.  That D is what brought them a title not too long ago(should have been two).  Makes sense to try and get back to that.

21 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I like this move for them.  Good young defensive coach, coming to a team with some good young defensive players.  That D is what brought them a title not too long ago(should have been two).  Makes sense to try and get back to that.

Yes but in a division with Shanahan and McVay you'll need to score points....and they'll need to upgrade QB quickly.

A defensive head coach with Geno Smith and Drew Lock as your QBs is a recipe for a lot of 6 + 7 win seasons.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

DC fans starting to freak out, every top candidate they wanted has either said "Na, staying a Coordinator" or got hired elsewhere so far.

Gonna be interesting to see who DC winds up with as their 5th or 6th preferred choice, lol.

Sneak preview, my friend.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

With Snyder long gone, the #2 pick and a great QB prospect I am shocked that Washington wasn't a more desired spot.

the owner is fake weak idiot who always make the wrong decision 

trust me I am a sixers fan 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

sd-1547675814-uncnnbm6m4-snap-image

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fusionCA said:

the owner is fake weak idiot who always make the wrong decision 

trust me I am a sixers fan 

Are you talking about Josh Harris, the fake weak idiot self made multi billionaire?  The man is brilliant and works like an animal.  Couldn’t be more off base…

The streets are watching giphy.gif

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Sometimes (like in the draft) you luck into the right choice. Washington could use a little luck.

19 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

kind of shocked that it wasnt Quinn

Quinn's stock tanked with Dallas' awful playoff performance. Caused everyone to recall that he was HC of the biggest choke in SB history. 

51 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Quinn's stock tanked with Dallas' awful playoff performance. Caused everyone to recall that he was HC of the biggest choke in SB history. 

I don't agree with the premise that a coach or player who you were considering hiring or signing should be judged and change course due to one bad performance. If that is the case, then that's a knee jerk reaction.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For his sake  hope he does not convince himself that Jamal Adams can play the kyle hamilton role.

I think this is not a great hire.

MacDonald may be good someday day but he needs far more seasoning.

alot of stability in Seattle.  They can afford to be a little early to the party instead of being too late.  

Schnieder is a very good and tenured GM.  He can help guide him through this and if pete does accept an adivsory role in the organization then you have even more backing.  

Again ive been wrong before but I do think this is a perfect fit and a great hire.  I'm a big Mcdonald fan.