Poll: Sympathy Emoji- Should it be Removed?

Sympathy Emoji- Yeah or Neah?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Get Rid of it? In my opinion it’s similar to Saleh’s coaching style. Non-committal

• Yes- Take a side… up or downvote
    • No- I like wishy-washy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 09:54 PM

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I use it for two reasons:

1. To express actual sympathy

2. In-place of a "sorry for that" or similar type "we're with you" response.

Not sure how it could be used as a "passive-aggressive tool" in a negative way, but maybe I'm just not thinking broadly enough?

For instance someone makes a post and receives a sympathy emoji to indicate that I feel pity and sorrow that you still believe that Zach Wilson can someday deserve to be a starting QB in the NFL.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I lost a board seat to a guy with this kind of attitude.

* Again I am not saying that I lost a board seat to Sperm Edwards. I am just saying that the profile of their attitudes aligns.

It was an important election. Don't show your sour grapes now because I just kept typing so no one else could get a word in. I go with what works for me. Winners win. Losers whine. Dooshey. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For instance someone makes a post and receives a sympathy emoji to indicate that I feel pity and sorrow that you still believe that Zach Wilson can someday deserve to be a starting QB in the NFL.

And that's a problem?

Not how I'd use it, but ok.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I never said it was a problem

Sorry, conflating your reply with OP's complaint.  My bad.

, but it can be confusing.

Anything that can be used to express more than one thing has that possibility.

I thought that is what @Dunnie meant, but apparently it was just tapatalk's version of like.  

What IS tapatalk?  I've used my phone to reply on the forum for years via the default browser or chrome and never once had to use something else/some other ap to do it, I have to admit my complete ignorance on this tapatalk thing. :blush:

Yeah .. I received my share of those ... But those were well deserved ... I assure you .. if there were a way of converting all of the Tapatalk 'Like' auto-sympathies to like I would do it yesterday. I have never under my power ... Issued a single sympathy emoji towards any post. [mention=5331]maxman[/mention] how do i get add free browsing ... It's time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

The emojis this forum uses is a reflection of the type of posters on this site.

You have 2 positive emojis for the positive posters, they are few here: "Post of the Week & Upvote"

but not as plentiful as the 4 Negative Nancy emojis: "WTF, Thumbs Down, Ugh & More Ugh" 

And one that flat just flat out trolls the poster "Sympathy"

Then there is the "That was ******* Funny" emoji, it says you need a sense of humor being a Jets fan.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:46 AM, Maynard13 said:

This is a great forum but the sympathy emoji gets lost in the translation time and time again. Its very ambiguous when used by posters. It'd be fantastic to put in the slap to the face emoji.  This is New York, a city unlike any in the world. It's direct, no-nosense and leaves no  misinterpretation.

I live in NC so where's my "bless your heart" option?

@southparkcpa @AVM @68JET11

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I use it for two reasons:

1. To express actual sympathy

2. In-place of a "sorry for that" or similar type "we're with you" response.

Not sure how it could be used as a "passive-aggressive tool" in a negative way, but maybe I'm just not thinking broadly enough?

Cosmo Kramer High Quality GIF

• Haha 1

What IS tapatalk?  I've used my phone to reply on the forum for years via the default browser or chrome and never once had to use something else/some other ap to do it, I have to admit my complete ignorance on this tapatalk thing. :blush:
It's an app that allows you to surf forums without ads and also has tools that make posting and reading posts a bit smoother.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I mostly use the laughing emoji. I usually use it when someone says something really stupid. I feel like that’s the best response. 
Like when someone says something positive about Zach Wilson. it isn’t actually funny but I think you’re so stupid that I can only laugh at your response. it’s definitely the best emoji

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I mostly use the laughing emoji. I usually use it when someone says something really stupid. I feel like that’s the best response. 
Like when someone says something positive about Zach Wilson. it isn’t actually funny but I think you’re so stupid that I can only laugh at your response. it’s definitely the best emoji

.4772981eb51a5dec6bfb15470602f3ea.jpg