Trade value for Zach Wilson? “A two week stay at a Best Western”

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hmm I wonder what evidence they’re using to suggest he isn’t mature? Perhaps the fact that—I don’t know—he ran back home to mom because the Dolphins beat him up too much? Or was it the fact that he got his offensive coordinator fired because he was too mean? 

It was apparently too much to ask for the second pick of the draft/starting Quarterback to  live near the facility full time. Or at least spend the bye week there. 

• Upvote 2

Zach Wilson has short comings that include mental blocks/reading defenses. As we experienced, unfortunalty he gave us little to cheer about, but his athletic ability gave us enough to hold on to hope at times. He is not a bust in the same sense as JaMarcus Russell (or more recent the QB that went right after him Trevor Lance). Zach Wilson seemed to work hard and has an exceptional arm. He can make throws that very few Qbs can make. I hope that we are pleasantly surprised by what we can get for him. His position (QB) alone should be worth something. Has had minimal success as a starter. The athletic ability is there. I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than what is being discussed as minimal value.

• More Ugh 1

49ers might give a 6th for him, I believe Shanahan wanted him. The thing is with his arm talent he should have done well in that system so swing how he didn’t Kyle might pass. Sammy D even looked decent in it, can you imagine……..got a thread for that!

3 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

49ers might give a 6th for him, I believe Shanahan wanted him. The thing is with his arm talent he should have done well in that system so swing how he didn’t Kyle might pass. Sammy D even looked decent in it, can you imagine……..got a thread for that!

Why trade for Zach when they can just re-sign Darnold?  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

See?  Hasn’t even happened yet and already it’s starting, lol:

1st off Zach has no trade value.

2nd everyone knows we cant bring him back, not even as the water boy.

JD would be lucky to get that 2 week stay at Best Western for him.

• Upvote 4

At this point I’ve moved on.  I still think Zach has a ton of talent but whatever went on these past few seasons played to his weaknesses.  I also think the best place for him is the niners.  IMO purdy is just not that good.  He’s a back passer who thrives on mccaffery getting open on short passes.  We saw a lot of that late in the season with breece hall.

• Haha 3

The more Zach Wilson struggled the more perplexing the pick itself by Joe Douglas has become for me. So JD chooses Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, JJ, and Breece. Hard to argue that each have shown to be high end players. Becton and AVT when healthy are excellent players as well. Mc Donald and Tippman showed enough in an awful year that they could/should develop into bonifide above average NFL players. Numerous contributing mid, low draft picks and undrafted free agent steals (Echols, Hall, Ashston, Michael Carter II, Huff, Jonathan Marshall, Jason Pinnock, JFM, Adams). Then there is the bigggest pick of all in Zach Wilson. Because it has obviously not panned out it lends itself to taking a deeper dive. We are suppposed to believe that in a Covid season JD liked the idea of taking a QB from a lesser conference at a school that has a history of sending OLINE-men off to mission where they come back stronger/more mature to protect said QB, rather than taking the same trade that SF offered Miami to move up? Just doesnt seem to make sense. Add the idea that Zach's uncle billionare rubs elbows with Woody and it can just make you think. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

I’m convinced that if some of you were Niners fans you’d advocate they trade away Brock Purdy for Zach Wilson based on “physical tools”. 

Hahahahaha:

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I also think the best place for him is the niners.  IMO purdy is just not that good.  He’s a back passer who thrives on mccaffery getting open on short passes. 

When it comes to silly JN Zach takes…I’m a f**king prophet.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hmm I wonder what evidence they’re using to suggest he isn’t mature? Perhaps the fact that—I don’t know—he ran back home to mom because the Dolphins beat him up too much? Or was it the fact that he got his offensive coordinator fired because he was too mean? 

+ pretty tough to tell him apart from Woody Johnson's 14 y/o son.

AA jack and Zach.webp

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Enough.  He’s going to be gone so why keep piling on.  Let’s see what the future brings.

lol.  At this point I'm not even piling on on him, I'm piling on on these silly takes.  I predicted the future and you came through for me.

• Upvote 1

A compensation of a 6th, or more likely a 7th, seems about right to me.  A team taking a very low cost flier on a bust QB to kick the tires for themselves, possibly because a Coach or Scout or GM liked Zach when he was coming out.  A one-year, 3rd string trial run with Wilson in their building/camp/atmosphere to see if they can salvage him.   Similar to our 3 previous bust QB's (Sanchez, Geno and Darnold), all of whom got 2nd and 3rd chances elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

1st off Zach has no trade value.

2nd everyone knows we cant bring him back, not even as the water boy.

JD would be lucky to get that 2 week stay at Best Western for him.

Completely agree!

I'm very surprised somebody would be willing to give us the 2nd week at a Best Western . . . I thought for sure they wouldn't go past 1 free week at a Best Western for Zach.

• Haha 2

Not “plus” athletic.  Not when you compare him to the QBs around the league.  He’s not anywhere close to the likes of Lamar, Josh Allen, Hurts, Kyler Murray, Anthony Richardson or Fields, nor would I say he is as athletic as Mahomes.  Dude hurt his knee tripping on a blade of grass.  

He is in the mahomes territory as far as athleticism goes. Unfortunately, his decision making, poor accuracy, and overall bad play makes it hard for him to really showcase that skill set because that’s all anyone can really focus on. Again, I’m not saying he’s a good player, I’m just saying that there will be a team or two that will see the raw tools and find him intriguing as a 2nd / 3rd string developmental guy. Nobody is trading for him in 2024 and hoping he can win a starting job.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’d be perfectly fine just outright cutting him. I never expected anything more than a 6th or 7th so this report is no shocker. He is one of the biggest draft busts in recent history. 

If I understand math (and I don't) it's an 11 mil cap hit to cut but only a 5.5 hit to trade 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Just doesnt seem to make sense. Add the idea that Zach's uncle billionare rubs elbows with Woody and it can just make you think. 

Nope we'll never figure it out 

Just an unsolved mystery for the ages 

Orlando Airport Mco GIF by Orlando International Airport (MCO)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The day they cut or trade Zach wilson I'm gonna celebrate like it's 1999 

He really does put the worthless in worthless piece of sh*t 

Has he surpassed Ryan Leaf on the list of all-time busts? In my opinion he has.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It was apparently too much to ask for the second pick of the draft/starting Quarterback to  live near the facility full time. Or at least spend the bye week there. 

Those apples weren't going to pick themselves.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

100%. Said this at the time too. LaFluer had his warts but was a bright young offensive mind running a QB friendly system and Zach Wilson being awful totally screwed him here.

one of the biggest mistakes we ever made. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Still trying to figure out what Woody got out of this grand conspiracy.

Woody doesn't need money but he gets real money in the deal with JetBlue every year

we can talk about how this agreement was around for a while or how Zach's uncle isn't controlling the JetBlue corporation anymore but end of the day they are the 2nd biggest sponsor of the Jets beside MetLife and drafting Zach (and treating him as a scholarship player) helps that relationship  

beyond the vulgarities money he could just want to help someone in his circle, or be that big guy who you owe a favor  

but make no mistake if Justin Fields uncle founded met Life, maybe that dude would have gone 2 instead 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Has he surpassed Ryan Leaf on the list of all-time busts? In my opinion he has.

he's definitely the worst pick in the history of the Jets

he's in the mount rushmore of all time busts but whether he's better or worse than Leaf or Jamarcus Russell is splitting hairs 

• Upvote 3

ar Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $3,480,000 $22,924,132 $8,746,548   $12,226,548   $35,150,680
2021 22 $660,000 $5,731,033 $0   $660,000   $6,391,033 3.0%      
2022 23 $825,000 $5,731,033 $1,432,758   $2,257,758   $7,988,791 3.8%      
2023 24 $940,000 $5,731,033 $2,915,516   $3,855,516   $9,586,549 4.2%      
2024 25 $1,055,000 $5,731,033 $4,398,274   $5,453,274   $11,184,307 4.5%  
$11,184,307
$0

No team is taking " a flyer" for 11+mil. 

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Still trying to figure out what Woody got out of this grand conspiracy.

Maybe not anything substantial for Woody, but indirect (or direct) pressure on JD to take him. It is by far JD's worst pick and with not anything else to compare it to. Because the pick didnt work out it becomes something to look deeper into. Just an odd pick when Fields and Mac Jones played under bigger lights and not that much less athletic ability (from Fields anyway). Seems like a big gamble to take Zach Wilson when a trade down for a haul was right there considering JD's body of work. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Zach Wilson is the biggest bust of my life time.

And Steve Young advocating for him to join the Rams, you know the team w/ the OC who was mean to him while he was here, is my favorite take of all time.  

I don't think Zach worst player drafted in Jets history the dissatisfaction is based on his draft position overall 2. That was the big mistake. After that starting him on day 1. He wasn't ready and still isn't. If you ask biggest bust in Jets history I'd vote for Vern. Zach did have good performances and after year 1 most fans on this board were pro ZW I think there was even a poll. I can't see Zach starting over 50% of his next teams games if the compensation deals with games played. He'll be backup and possibly third string or on PS. I don't see any consistency in Zach's game but I do think he could go into a game and play well maybe even bring a team from behind based on his talent level. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's definitely the worst pick in the history of the Jets

he's in the mount rushmore of all time busts but whether he's better or worse than Leaf or Jamarcus Russell is splitting hairs 

Eh, Vernon Gholston, Deee Miliner were almost as high picks and had less success and barely played 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

the dissatisfaction is based on his draft position overall 2.

it was the highest Jets draft pick since Keyshawn at 1 

yes damn right we're dissatisfied on the draft position 

we could say Gholston at 6 was worse but the difference between 2 and 6 on the trade value chart is a mid first round pick 

or put it another way the Jets could have traded the 2 pick outright for the equivalent of 4 2nd round picks 

it's a ton of draft capital to waste, and even beyond that, Wilson sucking so bad forced them all in on Rodgers, the worst trade in Jets history 

it's not like Gholston or Hackenberg being terrible had a knock on effect that screwed the team for the next 4+ seasons. 

• Upvote 1