50/50 Saleh could still be fired?

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What purpose does it serve moving from Saleh to Ulbich?  Keep everything the same and remove the stairstepper?  Why?  To run the same D and O?  What is Ulbrich bringing that Saleh doesn't?  Or would it be Saleh opening his mouth about some of the nonsense that has been going in?  IMO, most things that get Saleh fired for Ulbrich are things I consider a positive in Saleh.

I can’t answer your questions as this is not necessarily what I would do, it’s just part of the radio show I heard this morning. 

• It just seems now that everyone would be better off if the Jets had a new HC.  It could be Ulbrick, Middleton, or someone from outside.  Saleh seems to have imploded with his Benigno rants, seizing phones and other signs of being overwhelmed.  It will harm FA recruiting.
  • The problem with outside, and even with promoting Ulbrich, is that it costs Woody $.  Woody owes what he owes if he leaves everything the same.   Saleh can be let go mid-season if he fails to maintain order, and the NFL community would probably be ok with that.  Firing him now would be a bad look.  But keeping him around is going hurt in the long run.  
  • A new HC in 2025 also coincides with AR8's retirement.  
  • I am pretty confident that the Jets will be hiring one of these veteran coaches for 2025.  Woody is going to save the $10mm for 2025.  I like Vrabel, but he would need a real OC/co-HC type.  Basically like what the Commanders did. 

You really want to give JD a chance to throw another coach under the bus?  

I can see how that would end.  Jets get 8-9 wins next year and Woody decides to fire JD but keep the new HC.  Which then leads to any GM worth their salt to stay away from the Jets because who wants a coach they didn't select themselves.  Plus, whole ego thing Woody has with the power structure of the HC reporting to him rather than the GM never works.

Wash away all the stink next year and start again with the world's longest rebuild.

You really want to give JD a chance to throw another coach under the bus?  
I can see how that would end.  Jets get 8-9 wins next year and Woody decides to fire JD but keep the new HC.  Which then leads to any GM worth their salt to stay away from the Jets because who wants a coach they didn't select themselves.  Plus, whole ego thing Woody has with the power structure of the HC reporting to him rather than the GM never works.
Wash away all the stink next year and start again with the world's longest rebuild.

They changed the structure with the Saleh. Regardless, the Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, Giants and about half the teams in the league employ that structure. So it’s proven wrong that structure doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets had a structure where both the HC and GM reported to the owner.  

They did not talk to one another, and it did not work.

We all thought there should be a director of football operations that everyone reported to.

That, basically, is what the Jets have now.  JD is the DOFO.  Rex Hogan WAS the de facto GM.  

I don't think this structure is bad.  It is what the Commanders put into place.  Don't think the Commanders are stupid.  They are the smartetst business people in the world.  Literally,  I know.  I think the Jets people are bad. 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets had a structure where both the HC and GM reported to the owner.  

They did not talk to one another, and it did not work.

We all thought there should be a director of football operations that everyone reported to.

That, basically, is what the Jets have now.  JD is the DOFO.  Rex Hogan WAS the de facto GM.  

I don't think this structure is bad.  It is what the Commanders put into place.  Don't think the Commanders are stupid.  They are the smartetst business people in the world.  Literally,  I know.  I think the Jets people are bad. 

I guess the question is if jd is qualified to be the dofo?

not sure that is yes

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

How is Saleh not at the Senior Bowl? What else does he have to do ? Golf?

Apparently, the Shanahan Tree guys (except for LaFleur) don’t deign to appear at these personnel-related functions, which might explain why Saleh is always hiring losers he met as a low-level staffer on the Seahawks ten years ago instead of networking during the offseason and hiring up and comers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Apparently, the Shanahan Tree guys (except for LaFleur) don’t deign to appear at these personnel-related functions, which might explain why Saleh is always hiring losers he met as a low-level staffer on the Seahawks ten years ago instead of networking during the offseason and hiring up and comers.

I mean Kyle is preparing for the Super Bowl so he has an excuse I guess. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Feels like rats jumping off a sinking ship imho

Please just stop. You are getting my hopes up for no reason. There is no hope. If you just remember that, then the rest takes care of itself and you can set realistic expectations. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Trotter said:

if and a big if there is any truth to this could it be Saleh is the one who wants to leave?

He has a large family and maybe they simply never adjusted to life in Jersey. Hell I have lived here for 64 years and want to kill people on a daily basis.

Growing up in Mich is a major difference then here and maybe he is looking out for his family. He does seem to be that type of guy which I am in no way criticizing.

Pure 1000% speculation but if it did happen I could see that being the reason.

didnt he have a large house built for his large family. 

i can imagine how much fun it is to design and built a home to any way you want it. i doubt he wants to leave it so soon.

4 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol Im pretty sure teams don’t announce someone is taking a promotion elsewhere. 

All I saw was Connor’s tweet about a vacancy. They did not announce anything about Hogan though. 

18 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Please just stop. You are getting my hopes up for no reason. There is no hope. If you just remember that, then the rest takes care of itself and you can set realistic expectations. 

Weird that personnel guys are jumping ship while Saleh keeps adding coaches that are redundant with the coaches they already have. Really smells like both ends of the building are circling the wagons

• Upvote 3

On 2/7/2024 at 3:00 PM, extmenace said:

You don’t think that decision was made without him signing off on it?

Don’t really care, the research, the sit down meeting, being comfortable etc happened without Woody.  Why wouldn’t he have been ok with Saleh?  He was a leading contender to go from asst to HC

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, T0mShane said:

🧐🧐🧐

How is JD going to fill these roles when he's on such a hot seat?  And why did his right and left hand men leave this offseason?

It feels like the way things are going right now, next season is setting up to be another disaster.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:11 AM, extmenace said:

Not much else worth talking about. Never heard of this guy. Probably just a BS rumor, but figured some of you guys would like hearing this...

Not a chance. Rodgers wanted to coaching staff, only fair to give him a shot with it.. If anything I can definitely see Joe Douglas going if a good Gm candidate suddenly become available and wanted to dare come work for woody lol

On 2/7/2024 at 11:28 AM, Trotter said:

if and a big if there is any truth to this could it be Saleh is the one who wants to leave?

He has a large family and maybe they simply never adjusted to life in Jersey. Hell I have lived here for 64 years and want to kill people on a daily basis.

Growing up in Mich is a major difference then here and maybe he is looking out for his family. He does seem to be that type of guy which I am in no way criticizing.

Pure 1000% speculation but if it did happen I could see that being the reason.

That speaks volumes.  Could be.