Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

All I remember is pain when the Jets last wore this logo - the 80's and 90's were mostly terrible.   I remember feeling fresh and clean when Parcells came in and swept this logo out.  I was relieved because it felt like a clean break from the past. 

I think the logo looks cool but I still associate with the bad old days. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

All I remember is pain when the Jets last wore this logo - the 80's and 90's were mostly terrible.   I remember feeling fresh and clean when Parcells came in and swept this logo out.  I was relieved because it felt like a clean break from the past. 

I agree and think they should’ve left what they had. I hate the current one and don’t love the 80’s. Unfortunately many don’t share this opinion. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I agree and think they should’ve left what they had. I hate the current one and don’t love the 80’s. Unfortunately many don’t share this opinion. 

The 80s were awesome, and the uniform should have leg warmers below the knee to give it that 80s vibe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, David Harris said:

the 80's and 90's were mostly terrible.

Terrible?

1980's:  4 Playoff Seasons in 10 Years (40%), 4 top-10 Offenses, 7 top-15 Offenses, 1 AFCCG appearance.  

Not spectacular, but pretty decent for Jets History.  2nd best decade/era in Jets History.  Many of our all-time-greats (such that they are) played in that era.  I'll take the 80's over any other decade apart from the 2000-2010 period.  Many of those teams were actually fun!

The 1970's, that was real horror.  The 1960's too, other than that  one glorious unlikely SB winning year.  We won't even mention the post-2010 hell we're still mired in.

The 90's weren't great, but by then neither was that version of the uniform, with all the black uniform elements and bad 90's stylistic updates to the 80's style.  80's and 90's had the same logo, but very different uniforms.

Na, the 2000-2010 (Nuevo-Namath Era) was the best era, the 1980's second best. Both uniforms were great.

The best year of of course was the SB year, but that was long before alot of us were born, it belongs to the truly old dudes, not us younger folks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

By putting on a uniform from even further from the past?  

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. Pretty sure it’s the 90s 00s logo. Not 100% sure though. 

So, you're confirming that we're getting a Parcells-era throwback with a white helmet and the 1998-2018 logo?!  What about the two helmet rule making this impossible? This would make three helmets: Green, Black and White?

5 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Amazing. This is great news if true.  Can you say anything about if the alternate throwback helmet will be paired with a similar alternate throwback jersey from 1998-2018 or will it simply be paired with the 80's legacy  kit (I'm assuming white jersey and pants)?  Thanks for these crumbs.

This might be the first year I can name where we have a good uniform and in the long scheme of things maybe not the most important thing but it still matters.

The stupid design we just had was crap. We still won't have an actual logo for god knows why but at least we will have decent jerseys.

Have you seen a framed Wilson rookie jersey? Stupid decisions 

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Terrible?

1980's:  4 Playoff Seasons in 10 Years (40%), 4 top-10 Offenses, 7 top-15 Offenses, 1 AFCCG appearance.  

Not spectacular, but pretty decent for Jets History.  2nd best decade/era in Jets History.  Many of our all-time-greats (such that they are) played in that era.  I'll take the 80's over any other decade apart from the 2000-2010 period.  Many of those teams were actually fun!

The 1970's, that was real horror.  The 1960's too, other than that  one glorious unlikely SB winning year.  We won't even mention the post-2010 hell we're still mired in.

The 90's weren't great, but by then neither was that version of the uniform, with all the black uniform elements and bad 90's stylistic updates to the 80's style.  80's and 90's had the same logo, but very different uniforms.

Na, the 2000-2010 (Nuevo-Namath Era) was the best era, the 1980's second best. Both uniforms were great.

The best year of of course was the SB year, but that was long before alot of us were born, it belongs to the truly old dudes, not us younger folks

Easy for you to say, your Dad didn’t throw his Tab into your ColecoVision after the Gastineau roughing… a little gratuitous with the nostalgia, but the point is I’d never heard the old man cuss like that before.

My first games had chants of “Joe Must Go” - some great players but always ending in heartbreak and embarrassment.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Easy for you to say, your Dad didn’t throw his Tab into your ColecoVision after the Gastineau roughing… a little gratuitous with the nostalgia, but the point is I’d never heard the old man cuss like that before.

My first games had chants of “Joe Must Go” - some great players but always ending in heartbreak and embarrassment.

I remember all of those days quite vividly and while you are correct about the heartbreak, there has never been anything as remotely embarrassing as the past decade plus of Jets football. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

was there ever a "good old days" with this team, lol. 

image.thumb.jpeg.34bff28773497356dec61f9d122d8d9b.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I gotta say
..with the new third helmet rule ... These Bears alts are emoji91.png.

The Polar Bears...

6c3d43691d79744740866807486b2777.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I remember when we were all white and it was glorious. 

image.thumb.jpeg.437b97dbdcfa16730279df13ce8c8958.jpeg

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I gotta say
..with the new third helmet rule ... These Bears alts are emoji91.png.

The Polar Bears...

6c3d43691d79744740866807486b2777.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Well, it's fitting at least, Polar Bears (as you say) and all.

Normie Unis:  Brown and Black Bears

Alt Uniforms:  Polar Bears

Special Uniforms to come when they expand International play in China:  Panda Black & White Uni's?  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. Pretty sure it’s the 90s 00s logo. Not 100% sure though. 

By chance do you know if this throwback will be unveiled on 4/15 also with the home and alt?