Jets vs 49ers 2024

We play the 9ers next season and considering the way the Chiefs attacked Purdy using Sneed and McDuffie to blanket their receivers, while they heavily blitz Purdy how do you think we’d fair against them next season. I think Sauce and Reid are a better tandem than what KC has. 

15 minutes ago, August said:

We play the 9ers next season and considering the way the Chiefs attacked Purdy using Sneed and McDuffie to blanket their receivers, while they heavily blitz Purdy how do you think we’d fair against them next season. I think Sauce and Reid are a better tandem than what KC has. 

Give the points

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It depends on whether Rodgers is hurt by then 

I absolutely hate that *everything* Jets (except for uniforms) depends on that.  

Thanks Woody.  Thanks JD.  Thanks Saleh.  You all can bend down and lick my ass AFAIC.

• Haha 3

Just now, Dcat said:

Thanks Woody.  Thanks JD.  Thanks Saleh.  You all can bend down and lick my ass AFAIC.

The Jets did not build a program on offense. They hired a mercinary and gave him enough money that he controls the team until 2027 

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It depends on whether Rodgers is hurt by then 

I may be in the minority but i understand with the rodgers trade logic.  You need a real good qb to advance in the playoffs.  If he’s not injured this season i think the jets get to the playoffs.  But now you’re looking at a very old qb with an Achilles issue and the backup options are trubisky and someone marginally better than him.  I put the over/under on games rodgers plays at 11.  Who plays the other 6, and what is their record?  Does douglas care if there’s no drafted qb to save his job?  

30 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

may be in the minority but i understand with the rodgers trade logic.  You need a real good qb to advance in the playoffs.  

The dude is in his 20th nfl season this isn't Stafford for Goff. They traded for a lemon 

2 hours ago, August said:

What is the "blitz" thing you talk about? 🤣

I only watch Roberto Ensalada's defenses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

My Volkswagen rabbit has been reasonably healthy for 19 years too that doesn't make it a great bet to get me through the next 2 years 

Moreso than the car that was a lemon early on.  Again, i get the risk/reward but they went for a guy who has elite accuracy.  They didn’t throw 100M at carr.  Still they are where they are, which is in qb limbo again.  Doubt they draft one, doubt they sign a decent backup. 

4 hours ago, August said:

We lose badly. We're a bad team.

Do chiefs fans hate that their entire season hinges on the health of Mahomes?

This is a stupid argument that applies to almost every team in the nfl

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, funaz said:

Do chiefs fans hate that their entire season hinges on the health of Mahomes?

This is a stupid argument that applies to almost every team in the nfl

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All depends on what they sacrificed to get him here.  Also his window of longevity is one maybe  two years.  Now or never.  Chiefs already got delivery from their guy multiple times. We got nothing. 

5 hours ago, August said:

The current Jets defense would give Purdy fits.  The closing speed of the Jets second and third level of the defense is hard to deal with.  They also get pressure with a four man rush at the same time the back of the defense seems to be everywhere at the same time.

Where the Jets defense might have trouble is dealing with SF offense is in the running game.  If you can get your ball carrier to the second level of the defense, the Jets lack of leverage there could be a problem.  Quincy, CJ and Sherwood are good tacklers for their size. but a power back can get through them. That's how I'd go at the Jets.  Get TE's and RB's the ball at the second level.

As far as the Jets current offense vs. the current SF defense. Don't bother.  Just send Morstead out punt after right after each Jets punt/kickoff return. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

My Volkswagen rabbit has been reasonably healthy for 19 years too that doesn't make it a great bet to get me through the next 2 years 

But does it still smell like crayons??

Got my wife a brand new Atlas. A blind person would know immediately that they were in a V-Dub. 

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

But does it still smell like crayons??

Got my wife a brand new Atlas. A blind person would know immediately that they were in a V-Dub. 

it's a white rabbit get it 

feed your head 

white rabbit GIF by Jefferson Airplane

• Haha 3