The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Article confirms what we all already knew. Saleh is a lying sack of poop. And his players know it. Truly an awful HC hire. 

did you also read where it says every HC is a lying sack of poop? and there players know it.?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m past the point of caring about any of this stuff because they will either be very good next year or they will be gone.

Something particularly funny to me about this article is how it includes a hit on Douglas for exit interviews from over a year ago.  Either this is made up the source that gave Pauline this tidbit is a bigger chickensh*t than they allege Douglas is.

there is something funny going on here. this is the 2nd hit piece in 2 weeks. somebody on the Jets really pissed off the media. they didnt get this mad with Bowles or Gase.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Amazing how people just eat this sh*t up.

Yep!  Who is even the source of this Page 6 trash?

The anonymous and tabloid trash that claim to be beat reporters somehow get people to buy into this trash!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

As in he’s made a career doing what a lot of message board wannabes wish they could. 
The “from where I’m sitting…” line would really keep him up night though,  I’m sure 😉

Ok Tony. Back in your ex wife’s basement you go buddy.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is only the 10,000th article detailing how Woody is a meddling dimwit. Anyone who ever tries to suggest that Woody isn’t the A-1 reason for the dysfunction with this franchise should be banned to the phantom zone immediately 

@Warfish surrender or walk the plank!

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, bicketybam said:
10 hours ago, T0mShane said:
Amazing how, season after season, Jets fans will throw their bodies in front of any and all attacks toward Woody Johnson and the upper tiers of the Jets franchise despite all evidence pointing to rampant dysfunction in the operation and leadership of this franchise

So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.

Kindly GFY.  I will always be a Jets fan.  It’s Woody that needs to f**king go.  Why should I be the one to leave?  I was here before he got here and will be here long after he’s dead.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nice to see we're reached the "every man for himself, leak that it's not my fault, it's those other guys/the Owners fault!" stage of this collapse.

Never any adults in the room under Woody Johnson.  Just a sh*t ton of finger pointing when it inevitably all goes to sh*t.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Take out "Media" and just leave "Criticism", and then replace Woody with JD, and you'd be 100% right. 

I've never seen a failed GM get so much of a pass for his poor record as JD has here.

5 different GMs have been employed under Woody Johnson, my guy.  And # 6 is a virtual lock to be another Maccagnan.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is true. I actually like the fact that Woody is sitting in on exit interviews. I don’t he adds any value with potential responses during these. But I do want him hearing straight from the players what the coaching and managing issues are rather than through the Saleh/Douglas strainer. 

C’mon.  You think these guys under contract are going to be super truthful and transparent while the guy who writes them the checks is in the friggin room?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5 different GMs have been employed under Woody Johnson, my guy.  And # 6 is a virtual lock to be another Maccagnan.  

If you want to blame Woody for hiring JD/Saleh, I'm with you, although both came highly regarded and well respected, neither were crazy hires by any stretch, so I'm not sure who was the "right" hire at that moment in time.

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Ok Tony. Back in your ex wife’s basement you go buddy.

I hate to break it to you, but I’m not the one in this conversation coming off like they live in a basement. You’re the one who’s still upset about a guy who downvoted you on a message board 20 years ago.

Here’s a life lesson for you, free of charge. Rather than be envious of another man’s success, strive for some of your own. 

12 hours ago, bicketybam said:
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:
Amazing how, season after season, Jets fans will throw their bodies in front of any and all attacks toward Woody Johnson and the upper tiers of the Jets franchise despite all evidence pointing to rampant dysfunction in the operation and leadership of this franchise

This is not about trying to defend him. It's about how people just live for articles like this. It's like they feed off it. News flash. Woody isn't selling the team. It was a phenomenal investment for him. It makes him a sh*tload of money. Doesn't matter how much whining the fans do. So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.

Any more gems?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do the Jets ever get to have a GM who can think for himself? It’s like Rex Ryan dictating the draft picks all over again. Head coaches do not ever make good gms. Even the great bill belichick makes a lousy gm.. 

LOL

Hard to think when you’re literally asleep

Bro is dreaming of Pac-12 offensive linemen 🤣

IMG_4466.jpeg.f07b1af6249501dbe553556158259ad4.jpeg

• Upvote 2

No.  What’s amazing are the fans who still want to live in a fantasy world where Woody isn’t that bad and the Jets just need to fix a couple little things to finally end that pesky 13 year playoff drought that’s spanned 4 different GMs as well as 4 HCs.
He sells when your post count reaches 200,000.

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do the Jets ever get to have a GM who can think for himself? It’s like Rex Ryan dictating the draft picks all over again. Head coaches do not ever make good gms. Even the great bill belichick makes a lousy gm.. 

I think the Jets/Woody overreacted to the Idzik ramble press conference and have since hired subservient mouses to fill that role since. I am sorry, and I’m sure Douglas is a nice guy and knows football, but you can tell this job is way above his capabilities. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the Jets/Woody overreacted to the Idzik ramble press conference and have since hired subservient mouses to fill that role since. I am sorry, and I’m sure Douglas is a nice guy and knows football, but you can tell this job is way above his capabilities. 

Idzik’s major failing was that he came from personnel gigs on the Super Bowl Super Bowl Cardinals and the Super Bowl Buccaneers and the Super Bowl Seahawks and he thought he could use that experience to shape the Woody Johnson Jets and instead he walked into a circus run by Rex Ryan and Manish Mehta playing Woody like a hollowed-out marionette. His bad presser was a lot like Saleh’s late-season press conferences where they’re trying to signal that their hands are tied by clownish upper management meddling without explicitly saying it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Kindly GFY.  I will always be a Jets fan.  It’s Woody that needs to f**king go.  Why should I be the one to leave?  I was here before he got here and will be here long after he’s dead.

Are we taking bets?

If you’re betting that Woody isn’t the problem, you’ve already lost.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Idzik’s major failing was that he came from personnel gigs on the Super Bowl Super Bowl Cardinals and the Super Bowl Buccaneers and the Super Bowl Seahawks and he thought he could use that experience to shape the Woody Johnson Jets and instead he walked into a circus run by Rex Ryan and Manish Mehta playing Woody like a hollowed-out marionette. His bad presser was a lot like Saleh’s late-season press conferences where they’re trying to signal that their hands are tied by clownish upper management meddling without explicitly saying it. 

One of my clients at work apparently goes to church with Idzik and I asked him essentially what went wrong (this was after Idzik got fired) and he pretty much said the people above Idzik (Woody, I assume) were giving him conflicting visions on what they wanted. Who knows, though. 

• Upvote 4