Bakhtiari

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, varjet said:
The problem with Rodgers' guys was not only their play, but what they were paid.  Lazard and Cook were grossly overpaid. 
The problem with Duane Brown, in addition to his health, was that he made almost $10m.
We can take a chance on health and ability so long as we don't overpay.   
Bakhtiari should get the vet minimum and $500K for every game he starts.  If he starts almost all of the games he makes a bit more than Duane Brown did.  It is Saleh's decision whether he starts. 

Enough with the "Lazard was a Rogers pick." He came almost 2 months prior and was the top FA WR available. This is just a lazy take.

cant wait to see what Lazzard does with a NFL QB throwing him the ball. i dont understand how anybody doesnt get have important a QB is to a offense and especially a QB. and we had the worst. 

he might very well suck. but im not judging anybody with Zach Wilson as there QB. there is too much evidence out there that the offense ( OL, WRs...etc) played better when Zach wasnt QB.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bahktirai  has  had like 7 knee surgeries

I don’t want Bahtitai, he can’t survive a season no matter where he plays.  
I want sure if you were talking Brown, why I asked.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Draft and develop behind him imo. You need a real plan b if you do sign him. 

I'm still pissed Douglas thought it was okay to depend on 37 year old brown coming off shoulder reconstruction surgery. Unreal 

Literally 90% of the fanbase was also OK with this, fwiw.  I remember reading constantly about how reliable Brown was, and that he was probably the smallest question-mark on that line heading into TC.  

The only criticism Douglas got going into the year that I remember was not addressing RT, because everyone assumed Becton was going to go down again.

53 minutes ago, doitny said:

cant wait to see what Lazzard does with a NFL QB throwing him the ball. i dont understand how anybody doesnt get have important a QB is to a offense and especially a QB. and we had the worst. 

he might very well suck. but im not judging anybody with Zach Wilson as there QB. there is too much evidence out there that the offense ( OL, WRs...etc) played better when Zach wasnt QB.

Good players play well, bad players and dogs do not.

Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall played great last year.  What is lazards lame excuse?  He was being deactivated at the end of the year and that is not just having an 'off year'.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Literally 90% of the fanbase was also OK with this, fwiw.  I remember reading constantly about how reliable Brown was, and that he was probably the smallest question-mark on that line heading into TC.  

The only criticism Douglas got going into the year that I remember was not addressing RT, because everyone assumed Becton was going to go down again.

I think you are overstating this by a ton.  I was okay with relying on Brown for a few reasons.  First, he played hurt in 2022.  I did not believe that he was going to have such a huge drop-off in 2023.  I was wrong.  Second, Becton was supposed to be LT.  I figured that between Becton and Brown we'd have one solid LT and then either one of the others or swing AVT to RT.  Turned out they all kind of sucked and got hurt. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Good players play well, bad players and dogs do not.

Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall played great last year.  What is lazards lame excuse?  He was being deactivated at the end of the year and that is not just having an 'off year'.

GW did not play great. 

he was 4th in the league in targets with 168. he was 172nd in the league in catch % at 56.5%. that is not good.

here is a better perspective. out of the top 20 receivers in catches GW was 14th with 95. only him and Davante Adams were under 60% in catches. another guy with no QB. the next closet guy on the list is Chris Olave at 63%. and GW had 3 TDs. i dont know how you judge a great year but it was not a great year. he was just the best thing we had on offense.

and how the hell is any other WR suppose to do anything when Zach dont throw them the ball. 

Lazzard. last year with Rodgers got targeted 100 times for 60 catches. thats 60% catch rate. in fact in his 4 years in GB he has never been under 60%. in GW 2 years with Zach he has the same 56.5% both years.

Lazzard caught 14 TDs in his last 2 years in GB. GW caught 7 the last 2 years. 

now before anyone tags me to say i think Lazzard is better than GW the answer is no. im just pointing out that Lazzard played pretty good with a good QB. 

our old buddy Elijah Moore got 104 targets and he was 3rd on his team in targets and WR2. he got 65 targets last year with Zach. this is one we are all going to regret trading. 

Corey Davis caught 70% of his passes his last year in Tenn. with Zach it was 57% and 50%

why does everybody catch more of the balls thrown to them when they're not with Zach Wilson? there is the proof that everybody played better before and after leaving Zach. 

Lazzard is 28 yrs old. but now he comes to the Jets and he is washed up? Davis was 25 when he got here. he all of a sudden got washed up too? 

you hate JD so its easy for you to say that he brings in bad players. but what about the defense? QW, DJ, Huff, Whitehead, Adams....why dont they suck? Zach Wilson is the answer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I had seen something about the previous surgeries not addressing his situation, but the most recent one doing so. I could see signing him, but not for a big deal, and certainly not counting on much out of him. The physical before signing him would need to be quite thorough, and let's face it, the Jets' medical has been underwhelming the past few years. 

28 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I had seen something about the previous surgeries not addressing his situation, but the most recent one doing so. I could see signing him, but not for a big deal, and certainly not counting on much out of him. The physical before signing him would need to be quite thorough, and let's face it, the Jets' medical has been underwhelming the past few years. 

Yeah. This guy got a bad surgeon and has been suffering with that. If this procedure corrects and gets him able to play he’s a good option

Money would need to be right and you still would want a high end swing tackle  maybe sign him and Fant and then move on to draft and get the rookie  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yeah. This guy got a bad surgeon and has been suffering with that. If this procedure corrects and gets him able to play he’s a good option

Money would need to be right and you still would want a high end swing tackle  maybe sign him and Fant and then move on to draft and get the rookie  

I like the idea of bringing Fant back, signing another tackle, and drafting a tackle at minimum. With or without, Bakhtiari, JD needs to plan for injuries. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious answer -- bringing him in with any kind of guaranteed money and slotting him in to start would be idiotic. The kind of move that would demonstrate that JD hasn't learned anything from last year's debacle and we'd be asking for it when he suffers a season ending injury Week 2.

But if you bring him in with a contract built entirely around incentives as one of a few options to play/complete for a job? Not crazy. Not sure what he'd actually command/how motivated he is but if it's based on bonuses for being active on gameday I could see working something out.

You mean like how joe Douglas does all his contracts? Yeah gee I wonder if he will just give a bunch of guaranteed money the one thing he never does. 

I mean good God people. 

First off he be a great cheap option to strengthen up the line . Let get him on and see if he got anything left.

• Upvote 1

I mean an aging player with a bad injury history that has a great relationship with Aaron Rodgers….I would be Absolutley shocked if he isn’t a jet.  He will not have a live market in FA, so I don’t think the cost will be to high bc I can’t think of a team willing to give him guarantees for more than one year (other than the jets tbh. I personally wouldn’t love the deal bc if he’s your starter it is almost guaranteed he will miss time, then a backup is starting again. Or even if he was signed to be a backup there is still a high chance of injury when he inevitably plays bc there will be injuries then there is a third stringer out there. Signing him is guaranteed to lead to one of those stupid CBS graphics with the o line combinations 

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You mean like how joe Douglas does all his contracts? Yeah gee I wonder if he will just give a bunch of guaranteed money the one thing he never does. 

I mean good God people. 

First off he be a great cheap option to strengthen up the line . Let get him on and see if he got anything left.

Joe Douglas has has given out plenty of guaranteed money and doesn’t really deserve the benefit of the doubt right now.

Bakhtiari isn’t playing for charity. The idea that he wants to play for the Jets isn’t a given — unless we’re the only org dumb enough to pay him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Joe Douglas has has given out plenty of guaranteed money and doesn’t really deserve the benefit of the doubt right now.

Bakhtiari isn’t playing for charity. The idea that he wants to play for the Jets isn’t a given — unless we’re the only org dumb enough to pay him.

I don't think anyone believes he is worth top money especially not our gm. Only some jets fans with out a basic understanding of our rosters are built and who hate Joe Douglas think he is going to be overpaid.

There is a lot of great reasons to sign this guy on a team friendly deal for next season, and because of Joe and his acquisitions , player like him are.more than willing to come here.

It's really interesting how people immediately say no to him, but does everyone know that he finally received the proper knee surgery - the initial surgery was evidently not the one that should have been done, and he now is properly fixed and will be ready to play. He was also a Pro Bowl left tackle that will be finally healthy and cheap, a player that rarely ever got hurt before that injury. We need vets on the line, not rookies. We have to make sure if a rookie does start, it's only the one we pick in the first round. It's too risky to have more than one rookie protect Arod. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, doitny said:

Lazard can't separate and can't catch the ball. I don't know how a better QB changes those things. Sure, Rodgers' can squeeze balls into windows that Wilson can't, but that doesn't change the fact that Lazard can't catch what's delivered to him.

If the Jets had any spine, they'd eat the $10M and send Lazard packing so he can go be WR #1 for some other organization's scout team.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It's really interesting how people immediately say no to him, but does everyone know that he finally received the proper knee surgery - the initial surgery was evidently not the one that should have been done, and he now is properly fixed and will be ready to play. He was also a Pro Bowl left tackle that will be finally healthy and cheap, a player that rarely ever got hurt before that injury. We need vets on the line, not rookies. We have to make sure if a rookie does start, it's only the one we pick in the first round. It's too risky to have more than one rookie protect Arod. 

Details of his surgeries below.  He could very well be "properly fixed" now.  But it is still an assumption and a substantial risk. Not saying the Jets shouldn't do it, mind you, but just that your absolute confidence in his knee recovery is somewhat risky, to say the least.

Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari has clarity on the knee problem that's been plaguing him for several years now, but fixing it will knock him out for the remainder of the year.

Bakhtiari, who Green Bay placed on injured reserve on Sept. 28, confirmed Friday he is out for the season and will undergo surgery to repair a cartilage issue with his lateral femur.

The surgery, which the three-time Pro Bowler said will follow one done last week to "clean out and address what we're going to do," is intended to stop the fluid buildup and pain Bakhtiari has been contending with since tearing his ACL in practice on Dec. 31, 2020. The goal after the procedure is to be ready for training camp in 2024.

It's the latest setback in a long line for Bakhtiari, who has played in just 13 games since his original injury, with just one appearance apiece in 2021 and 2023.

"When it rains it pours, and for me it's been a pretty significant storm," he said, walking reporters through everything in the Packers' locker room for over 35 minutes.

Bakhtiari revealed that doctors knew there was cartilage damage at the end of his femur at the time of his initial ACL tear, but there was a possibility that he might not be affected by it at all.

A series of other knee scopes and medical issues -- including an appendectomy last December -- delayed pinpointing that his pain and frequent fluid buildup was, in fact, due to the surface of his femur not being "smooth."

"We knew about the issue when it had happened," Bakhtiari said. "And the whole goal was, well, let's even see if you're a symptomatic individual. You could easily not. There's plenty of individuals, a lot of other football players that have this, and they're totally fine.

"When they realized, OK, clearly this what is creating our problem. We can definitely say it wasn't the other things now that we've cleaned those out. OK, now this is where we are currently at."

Bakhtiari did not reveal when he would have the upcoming surgery done, but he was candid about most every other detail of his recovery battle, describing his knee as feeling like "sandpaper" and saying he's broken records for having fluid drained.

"It's unfortunate. I hate it," he said. "I know the club hates it. It's just not a great situation for anyone to deal with. The human side of it is, it took a lot of stress, a lot of time on my end, but the clarity is to know that we finally know what the problem is and we can address the problem. That's the glass half-full part of the scenario."

While the next steps for fixing his bothersome knee are clear, his future with Green Bay is as murky as Bakhtiari's week-to-week status has so often been in the years post-injury.

When healthy, Bakhtiari is among the best left tackles in the NFL. That was even on display in Week 1 against the Bears, when he had an 89.9 PFF pass blocking grade while allowing zero sacks or pressures. But his cap hit jumps from $21.2 million to $40.5 million next year, and even at $19 million, his dead cap will be the lowest it's been since he signed his extension just a month before the ACL injury.

The Packers, who roster one of the youngest teams in the league, will have a decision to make in 2024 as they continue building for the new future under Jordan Love.

Bakhtiari, 32, understands that.

"I think everything is on the table like I said earlier," he told reporters. "For me, I can only control what I can control. Making sure I attack the rehab, win the day, take the bites out of that elephant, finish the elephant and then decide and see. They have decisions they need to make, what's best for their franchise. I understood that the moment I got in here."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

If the Jets had any spine, they'd eat the $10M and send Lazard packing so he can go be WR #1 for some other organization's scout team.

Lazard will get another chance to show what he could do with AR8 at QB.  

He should be on the only one of AR8 friends from last year to get that chance.  Bakhtiari could get a chance, but it needs to be cheap+ incentives.  

7 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Lazard can't separate and can't catch the ball. I don't know how a better QB changes those things. Sure, Rodgers' can squeeze balls into windows that Wilson can't, but that doesn't change the fact that Lazard can't catch what's delivered to him.

how do we know Lazzard cant get separation? maybe Zach isnt throwing it at the right time to him? 

as i wrote in another post in this thread Lazzard caught 60% of the passes thrown to him his last year in GB. this year with Zach he caught 40%

Corey Davis caught 70% in his last year in Tenn. 57 and 53 percent his 2 years with Zach.

GW in his 2 years caught 56.5% each year.

why is it that any WR we get cant catch passes? and the dropoff is huge. 60 to 40, 70 to 57. 

too much evidence to prove Zach severely hurt his WRs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/21/2024 at 9:32 AM, bicketybam said:

I have a hard time judging Lazard when the QB's throwing him the ball had a combined 70.5 passer rating.

How would you judge garret wilson and breece hall when the same qbs were playing with them?

Part of the reason the QBs ratings were so bad is that lazard was an out right dog player.

Actually being so bad you are being deactivated after signing that deal is a 5 alarm bell warning.

How would you judge garret wilson and breece hall when the same qbs were playing with them?
Part of the reason the QBs ratings were so bad is that lazard was an out right dog player.
Actually being so bad you are being deactivated after signing that deal is a 5 alarm bell warning.
For the amount of balls that were thrown at Wilson, he should have had better numbers.
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

For the amount of balls that were thrown at Wilson, he should have had better numbers.

Too bad he was either doubled and/or the balls were wildly inaccurate