Seahawks are hiring Jets offensive assistant Mack Brown

Adam Schefter ⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

Seahawks are hiring Jets offensive assistant Mack Brown as their tight ends coach. Brown had spent the past five seasons in New York.

2/20/24, 9:21 PM

Another asst coach goes bye bye. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

No one could even tell you what this guy does but it will be a crippling loss.

MACK BROWN returns for his fifth season with the New York Jets, third as an offensive assistant, after two seasons as a defensive assistant. Brown, who initially joined the team in 2019, is now in his third season working with the team's receivers and first with the tight ends, after two years working with the linebackers.

This past season (2022), Brown worked primarily with the wide receivers, including serving as the interim wide receivers coach for the last three games. Rookie wide receiver Garrett Wilson led all rookies in receptions and receiving yards, earning Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. Additionally, Brown served as the team's interim wide receivers coach for the last three games.

In the 2022 Senior Bowl, Brown was elevated to wide receivers coach working with the National Team's six WRs as part of a staff that won 20-10.

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I know I felt GREAT about my former command staff when everyone started fleeing... hell, I joined em and punched out early myself... because things were plainly and clearly going to 💩 to anyone paying attention.

Whatever. We have 1 more year left of the 🤡 show... and then we're right back to square 1. 

Honest and completely on the level question... are you actually optimistic about the next 5 years of NY Jets Football?? If so (and without saying the words "Aaron" or "Rodgers"), please explain why so I can see if I'm just burnt out.

I personally think the only bright spots are Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, and I truly believe that they are going to bail on this disaster as soon as humanly possible.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I'm not sure why anybody is concerned about these people leaving when we had the season that we did. Frankly, they should all leave.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

None of the important guys are leaving.  

It's a sign no one wants to work for the rubes still here.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

None of the important guys are leaving.  

It's a sign no one wants to work for the rubes still here.

And there’s probably a line around the block of people wanting to work for the great Robert Saleh and offensive mastermind Nathaniel Hackett.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't feel like any of the departing coaches are real losses but if Saleh is going to bring in somebody to act as de facto OC, seems like he needs to do it soon before that person is stuck scraping the barrel for his own staff.

Well I’ve got news for you. Do you know what’s in barrels? Oil. What do you need to make gas? Exactly. All gas no brakes baby!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Woody is saving lots of money.  the Jets will have the thinnest staff and FO in the NFL.   Its a total winddown.

And yes to JetEngine, 2025+ will be back to the 1-3 win years.  We thought we were bad at 7 wins.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Woody is saving lots of money.  the Jets will have the thinnest staff and FO in the NFL.   Its a total winddown.
And yes to JetEngine, 2025+ will be back to the 1-3 win years.  We thought we were bad at 7 wins.  
Woody is paying Rodgers 112 mil but I'm to believe he trying to save money by not replacing some $50k a year offensive assistant?
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Woody is paying Rodgers 112 mil but I'm to believe he trying to save money by not replacing some $50k a year offensive assistant? emoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png

From OTC

Aaron Rodgers agreed to a revised contract with the Jets that is worth $112.5 million for three years. $75 million of the contract is fully guaranteed. Rodgers has a $35 million bonus paid in 2023 and his 2023 and 2024 base salaries are fully guaranteed. In 2024 there is also a guaranteed option bonus worth $35 million. In 2025 there is another $35 million option bonus that can be exercised. The final years of the contract are effectively void years for salary cap purposes.

The high likelihood is that Rodgers is paid $75mm to QB two years.  that is $37.5mm/year, but most of the cap hit will be incurred in years 3 and 4   I don't think AR8 gets that last year.  

Woody could have paid AR8 $50mm to QB in 2023.  This is the "pay cut" that was discussed.  It was not exactly a pay cut-AR8 got an additional $25mm guaranteed, with a decent shot Woody gets rolled into 2025.  That really does not work without some type of deal, because if AR8 does come back in 2025, the cap won't work to afford players to run, catch and block.  

But we can do an analysis of who is coaching and in the FO for the Jets in the 2023 and 2024 seasons.  The way it is looking, there are alot fewer people in 2024.  I don't think they get paid more to make up for it. 

I know I felt GREAT about my former command staff when everyone started fleeing... hell, I joined em and punched out early myself... because things were plainly and clearly going to to anyone paying attention.

Whatever. We have 1 more year left of the show... and then we're right back to square 1. 

Honest and completely on the level question... are you actually optimistic about the next 5 years of NY Jets Football?? If so (and without saying the words "Aaron" or "Rodgers"), please explain why so I can see if I'm just burnt out.

I personally think the only bright spots are Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, and I truly believe that they are going to bail on this disaster as soon as humanly possible.
I wish I didn't agree with this excellent post.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

So we’ve moved on from our CS sucks.  From Saleh only hired non deserving friends to his staff, to oh no some guy who’s name draws a blank is leaving?  
And just to add drama that comes when a black cloud is always following overhead, he quit…they all quit, none were let go from a staff that wasn’t working.  Even worse they’re jumping ship because they know Saleh is gone next year.  

On 2/20/2024 at 9:32 PM, bicketybam said:

He has experience on both sides of the ball.  He was the most qualified coach on the staff to become the HC during the season when Saleh is fired.

• Upvote 1

He has experience on both sides of the ball.  He was the most qualified coach on the staff to become the HC during the season when Saleh is fired.
Let's be real. If that actually happened you be screaming about them using a no name as the interim head coach.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Let's be real. If that actually happened you be screaming about them using a no name as the interim head coach.

If they hired a HC from Junior High to replace Saleh I would be cheering.

• Post of the Week 1

Mack Brown was far from the most qualified candidate to be named the interim head coach. I mean he was an offensive coordinator for high school teams and he did a year as OC for Missouri State so there's that. But let's be real.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Mack Brown was far from the most qualified candidate to be named the interim head coach. I mean he was an offensive coordinator for high school teams and he did a year as OC for Missouri State so there's that. But let's be real.

Still better than Saleh or Hackett.

Its True Its True GIFs | Tenor