Hardman sounds off on the Jets

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Okay, this made me laugh, but seriously? Can you guys bury the lead any deeper?

Hardman put the CS on blast, and all you guys want to do is talk pass progression, his career stats and Gipson and Brownlee.

I can totally believe that Hackett is running a disastrous, accountability-free environment on offense, but the bad poon who wouldn’t return punts because of a bruised pinkie is not someone who’s going to give you an objective accounting of that environment

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ever since the season ended we’ve been reading stories about how incompetent this CS is, and the lack of discipline on this team.

Every time another one comes out though, a large percentage of people here want to blame Rossini, Rosenblatt, Elijah Moore,  Dion Dawkins and Mecole Hardman for being bad at their jobs or having man boobs.

I wonder who will be the person to speak out next, and what we can say bad about them?

Moore started crying when we were actually doing pretty good. But yeah, no argument here. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Hardman gets pissed at the CS. HE calls KC asking to come get him, THEY didn’t call him.

Either he goes to the Jets and asks them to send him back, or KC calls, explains what happened and either team proposes a trade.

Maybe I’m wrong (because I don’t know the rules on tampering), but I don’t understand how KC can be accused of it here?

If he tells KC directly that he wants out of NY, and that the coaches here suck, it pretty much forces NY to accept a bag of d!cks to get rid of him.  Undermining his GM would seem like a violation to me (unless the KC GM specifically called the Jets and the league and reported the incident before the trade)...   

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can totally believe that Hackett is running a disastrous, accountability-free environment on offense, but the bad poon who wouldn’t return punts because of a bruised pinkie is not someone who’s going to give you an objective accounting of that environment

Even with a bad pinky and a terrible attitude he was still easily our 2nd most talented WR last year.  

39 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Hardman gets pissed at the CS. HE calls KC asking to come get him, THEY didn’t call him.

Either he goes to the Jets and asks them to send him back, or KC calls, explains what happened and either team proposes a trade.

Maybe I’m wrong (because I don’t know the rules on tampering), but I don’t understand how KC can be accused of it here?

His quote is “I had already talked to Veach and Pat”. 

GM of the Chiefs can not talk to another player. Thus, tampering. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think him saying he brushed off Boyer, then called out Hackett says a lot. 
in an offseason filled with stories denigrating this CS, I wish I could find one saying different.

Maybe then I’d be able to share @BigRy56’s and others optimism about things looking bright for next year

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If he tells KC directly that he wants out of NY, and that the coaches here suck, it pretty much forces NY to accept a bag of d!cks to get rid of him.  Undermining his GM would seem like a violation to me (unless the KC GM specifically called the Jets and the league and reported the incident before the trade)...   

They would’ve had to call the Jets in order to make trade though, no?
I’m not trying to be a smart a** here, but if a player calls his old team and says he wants to come back, is it tampering if they then call the Jets and say “Hardman called us. Here’s what he said. Do you want to trade him?” I’m not joking, I really don’t know the answer.
(And as I’m typing this, I’m wondering why their GM would take a call from a Jet player in the first place?)🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think him saying he brushed off Boyer, then called out Hackett says a lot. 
in an offseason filled with stories denigrating this CS, I wish I could find one saying different.

Maybe then I’d be able to share @BigRy56’s and others optimism about things looking bright for next year

Yeah, the common thread of all these offseason rip jobs has been that there’s a void in leadership that nobody seems ready or capable of filling. Even Woody Johnson himself saying that Saleh has to leave the defense to Ulbrich and concentrate on the offense was a huge tell as to what’s going on there. Sounds like a real cluster****.

• Upvote 2

I watched it Idk why everyone in here is up in arms about this he’s saying everything we already know. The OC is a fraud, the entire offense runs through Rodgers, there’s no culture and too many egos, the offense didn’t change for ZW at all etc... Hardmans not a good WR but that doesn’t mean what he’s saying isn’t real either. We all know this entire team is inept I don’t understand the outage here lol

7:00-18:00 he talks about the offense 32:45-40:00 talks about Boyer 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the common thread of all these offseason rip jobs has been that there’s a void in leadership that nobody seems ready or capable of filling. Even Woody Johnson himself saying that Saleh has to leave the defense to Ulbrich and concentrate on the offense was a huge tell as to what’s going on there. Sounds like a real cluster****.

A big part of that cluster**** is that Woody thinks Saleh can coach the offense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A big part of that cluster**** is that Woody thinks Saleh can coach the offense.

I think what’s apparent is no one actually knows what Saleh really does. This whole skipping the combine thing was such an asshat lack of self awareness move. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And there’s a zero percent chance of Douglas stepping up tomorrow and filling it either.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And there’s a zero percent chance of Douglas stepping up tomorrow and filling it either.

The headline will be that he’s still “trying to sign” Bryce Huff and that they’re going to aggressively pursue OL in free agency to “be ready” when Rodgers gets back to 100%. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The headline will be that he’s still “trying to sign” Bryce Huff and that they’re going to aggressively pursue OL in free agency to “be ready” when Rodgers gets back to 100%. 

Joe Douglas tomorrow… “We think we have a pretty good team, and we have a plan going into this offseason to make it better. We’re going to explore the FA market and have already been preparing for the draft. Other than that? I got nothing.”

• Upvote 1

Validation that the offense is a sheer and utter clown show.
Hardman totally stinks and has no football instincts at all but his comments about the offense are spot on.
But but m. It was all the QB .. this only helps Zach's trade value.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hardman’s a dipsh*t, but if you go to any of the Twitter threads about this, the first dozen responses are all “wait so he talked to the Chiefs during the season? Tampering much???” because #JetsTwitter emanates loserdom like a bad smell 

Thinking this kind of “tampering” is a real thing is like thinking the quarterback actually isn’t allowed at the facility during the offseason. 

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I am starting to get the feeling that Woody 100% wanted Saleh gone and conceded (begrudgingly) to the whims of Aaron Rodgers.

Woody’s comments as (paraphrasing) “he has Ulbrich for defense, Saleh will oversee the offense more” is Woody’s way of saying “you wanted him you got him” to AR8.

And he’s completely right because as the head coach you are supposed to be able to oversee (not be an expert on) but oversee that each unit is performing to standard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you had a third and six and put all three out there at receiver, the order in which you’d look for them would be 1. Cobb, 2. Lazard, 3. Throw it away, 4. Take a bone crushing sack, 5. Buttfumble, 6. Maybe throw it toward where Hardman was supposed to be but isn’t

72566137007-usp-nfl-super-bowl-lviii-san

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I am starting to get the feeling that Woody 100% wanted Saleh gone and conceded (begrudgingly) to the whims of Aaron Rodgers.

Woody’s comments as (paraphrasing) “he has Ulbrich for defense, Saleh will oversee the offense more” is Woody’s way of saying “you wanted him you got him” to AR8.

And he’s completely right because as the head coach you are supposed to be able to oversee (not be an expert on) but oversee that each unit is performing to standard.

But if the HC is supposed to be able to oversee each unit, how does that leave anytime for cool quotes and stair running to show everyone how intense you are? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

Former Jets WR/Super Bowl hero Mecole Hardman, appearing on @Realrclark25's Pivot podcast, shed some light on what led to his trade from the Jets. For instance:

* Hardman said he refused to return punts vs KC because he felt STC Brant Boyer had misled him about the punt-returning job in camp, and that he didn't have enough time to prepare when asked on the night of the KC game to step in for Xavier Gipson, who had tweaked an ankle a few days earlier. Hardman said he was dealing with his own injury (hyperextended pinky) that made it tough to catch. He said Saleh tried to convince him to do it, but Hardman said he told him, "I'm not catching for that man (Boyer)." 

* Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC.

* On why it didn't work out with the Jets, Hardman said, "It’s the lies and the way they handled me. I didn’t like it at all." He made it clear that, other than Garrett Wilson, he felt he was as good or better than every WR on the team.

* On the Jets' 2023 culture/Hackett: "You just got a new (offensive) coaching staff that came in and there’s no standard there. Everybody does what they want to do. Granted, the defense has more of a stabilized standard with the coaching staff on that side, so the defense has a standard. But the offense is just like, 'We’ll just figure it out. It’s Aaron’s show. Let Aaron do what Aaron does.' Then when Aaron goes down, it’s like we don’t know what to do."
youtube.com/watch?v=C6sdL8…

This is exactly why I feel sorry for fans and content creators in this forum that truly believe that the Jets will make the playoffs next season. Both Saleh and Hackett will be back in the same roles.

"Players don't give up on Saleh" . The list keeps getting larger and larger and it will not be any different next season. It will be exactly the same and worse. How many seasons in a row has Saleh lost the locker room? The only thing that has mitigated the issue is the Jets PR departament.

I have no issue with Hackett because in reality he was already a bad coach before who rode the tails of a HOF QB, and he is not responsible for firing himself. A decent GM would have fired him last year, the same exact way that several other teams did to their underperforming OCs.

Jets will Jets. Dissolve this franchise.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't doubt what he says is generally true about the team or his attitude. He's an idiot for trashing a former team and admitting he gave up mid-season when he's set to be a free agent in a matter of weeks. Like who's lining up to get a serving of that?

While his honesty may be refreshing, criticizing former teams and admitting to giving up mid-season could affect his prospects as a free agent. Professionalism and tact are crucial in such situations.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I also really love the part where he opens the Chiefs up to tampering charges.  That complete and utter lack of self-awareness is probably why Mecole lost the job that he was “promised” to Lazard and an UDFA rookie.

My thoughts exactly… hope we get some compensation,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1