Jets in on Tyler Boyd

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The Packers got rid of Rodgers, Cobb, Lazard, MVS and played the whole damn season without Bakhtiari , won a playoff game and should have been in the NFC championship game. Anbody else the the pattern here ? 

Why should they have been in the NFC championship game? Is the loser of the division round supposed to go?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Douglas does like WR, he takes one in every draft 

Your prediction is probably closer to the truth than the "they stay at 10 and take Olu" chalk predictions 

who do you think the Jets want? Rome? 

David Bakhtiari signing incoming, Carter Warren and Max Mitchell share the backup jobs. 

I'd be lying if I said I knew the WRs well.

But I do love data and the data has shown that first round WRs have an incredibly high hit rate over the last 6 or so years.  ... especially ones from the SEC and schools like Ohio State and USC.  

The data also shows that they are ready to be major contributors in year 1.

OL on the other hand is much more of a crapshoot and tends to take longer for players to succeed.  There have been several like Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw who are instantly successful but on average it might take a couple years to hit stride.

IF the top 3 WRs are off the table at #10, trade back a bit and pick up a 2nd rounder and grab a WR and OL.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Why should they have been in the NFC championship game? Is the loser of the division round supposed to go?

They outplayed and blew the game to SF. You know my point, they had a very good season and it's no coincidence that they didn't miss a beat with all the crap they threw to the curb, most of which we were dumb enough to pick up. 

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'd be lying if I said I knew the WRs well.

Joe Douglas could say the same thing 🤣 🤣

I think he relies on his scouts to do the "heavy lifting".

Bro probably spends most of his time at the office watching tape on offensive linemen.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

They outplayed and blew the game to SF. You know my point, they had a very good season and it's no coincidence that they didn't miss a beat with all the crap they threw to the curb, most of which we were dumb enough to pick up. 

I understand what you were trying to say but I disagree with the last part. GB did not outplay the Niners. And they lost. But point taken.

• Upvote 1

The more I think about it, the more I think our next WR addition will be a guy known by three initials.

Either OBJ or MVS will be a Jet.

Not my preference, but I feel that's where it's headed.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we paid big assets to bring in Aaron F'n Rodgers to take a shot at winning a Lombardi. Stop with the bargain basement WR hunting and go get us a dog, JD.

foh with the Tyler Boyd and OBJ level crap. GO FOR IT.

Who exactly is a available? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There have been several opportunities he's missed on already. Keenan Allen is rumored to be available for trade now. Wouldn't surprise me if Justin Jefferson could be had.

What do you think it would take to get one of those guy? Just curious. Zach Wilson and a 6th? This is pure fantasy level nonsense. At least be realistic ffs.

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

What do you think it would take to get one of those guy? Just curious. Zach Wilson and a 6th? This is pure fantasy level nonsense. At least be realistic ffs.

Yes your strawman trade proposal is pure fantasy level nonsense. Thanks for making that up and sharing it.

It would take real assets to acquire one of these guys. Calvin Ridley was a free agent. DeAndre Hopkins was a free agent last year.

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Keenan Allen has been reported to be available via trade. There's no guarantee they will trade him, of course. 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes your strawman trade proposal is pure fantasy level nonsense. Thanks for making that up and sharing it.

It would take real assets to acquire one of these guys. Calvin Ridley was a free agent. DeAndre Hopkins was a free agent last year.

I asked you what do you think it would take? I'm all ears.

And I guess you would have approved if Douglas signing Ridley to a 4 year, $92 mil contract.

JD deserves all the criticism he gets but some sh*t is just wild.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I asked you what do you think it would take? I'm all ears.

And I guess you would have approved if Douglas signing Ridley to a 4 year, $92 mil contract.

JD deserves all the criticism he gets but some sh*t is just wild.

I took your question as seriously as the rest of your response.

JD has failed to upgrade the WR position after acquiring Aaron Rodgers. Are you going to deny that? He has missed on several opportunities. Opportunities still exist but will require him to give up real assets.

You don't go trade serious assets and pay a bunch of money to Aaron F'n Rodgers at the end of his career and then sit around and go bargain basement hunting for the rest of the roster. It's moronic and enraging. Hopefully he steps it up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I took your question as seriously as the rest of your response.

JD has failed to upgrade the WR position after acquiring Aaron Rodgers. He has missed on several opportunities. Opportunities still exist but will require him to give up real assets.

Do we have the assets to trade for one of those guys?

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Keenan Allen has been reported to be available via trade. There's no guarantee they will trade him, of course.

He turns 32 in April, which is usually a death sentence for any WR.

If I were the Chargers, I prob would have kept Mike Williams instead and targeted a slot guy in the draft.

48 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He turns 32 in April, which is usually a death sentence for any WR.

If I were the Chargers, I prob would have kept Mike Williams instead and targeted a slot guy in the draft.

Herbert and Allen have elite chemistry. With a new system being installed, I think it would be important to keep a primary target around to get the installs going on the right foot. New system with new targets all in a single offseason would make things more difficult than it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Herbert and Allen have elite chemistry. With a new system being installed, I think it would be important to keep a primary target around to get the installs going on the right foot. New system with new targets all in a single offseason would make things more difficult than it needs to be.

One-offs like Jerry Rice are always possible.

But if you study the history of WRs -- even very good ones -- few continue to produce at a high-level in through their age-32 season.

Herbert would have good chemistry with any quality WR if you give him enough practice reps.

I wouldn't write off Keenan Allen entirely, but based on historical data, he has maybe 1 (or max 2) productive years left, and the cliff could come at any moment.

32 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Can you share a trade proposal that would be acceptable to you? 

Keenan Allen is 31 (will be 32 when the season starts) is on the last year of his deal and has a big cap hit that the Chargers would be relieved of if they moved him. They're actively clearing cap space. I think we could get him for a 4th, maybe it would take a 3rd but I don't think the cost would be as much as you're thinking.

Justin Jefferson is also on the last year of his deal but is the best WR in the league in his prime. He's going to want to be the highest paid WR in the league and frankly he deserves it. I'd give up next years 1st, swap 10 for 11 this year and a 3rd this year provided he agreed to an extension w/us prior to a trade. He may not want to play in Minnesota after Cousins has left. Darnold is his QB as of now. The cap bros are going to lose their minds when they read this but it can be done pushing things into the future. It's time to go all in and go for it. 

Anything I suggest is going to be debatable but I think those are at least reasonable ballpark trades.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Keenan Allen is 31 (will be 32 when the season starts) is on the last year of his deal and has a big cap hit that the Chargers would be relieved of if they moved him. They're actively clearing cap space. I think we could get him for a 4th, maybe it would take a 3rd but I don't think the cost would be as much as you're thinking.

Justin Jefferson is also on the last year of his deal but is the best WR in the league in his prime. He's going to want to be the highest paid WR in the league and frankly he deserves it. I'd give up next years 1st, swap 10 for 11 this year and a 3rd this year provided he agreed to an extension w/us prior to a trade. He may not want to play in Minnesota after Cousins has left. Darnold is his QB as of now.

Anything I suggest is going to be debatable but I think those are at least reasonable ballpark trades.

Sign me up for Allen for a 4th or 3rd round pick. @Sperm Edwards what would be the cap# if we traded for Allen?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think the fans are sleeping on Brownlee and Gipson.  

Who to say they don't take massive jumps this offseason?

I think they're fine to battle it out for spots as the 4th and 5th WRs but we really need at least solid guys for the 2 and 3 spots.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Assuming we could have taken in the 23 mil cap hit, I would have done that deal. Would have added a sweetener because Chicago has a higher pick.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Assuming we could have taken in the 23 mil cap hit, I would have done that deal. Would have added a sweetener because Chicago has a higher pick.

Let’s wait and see if the Chargers picked up some of the salary. They can also extend him and bring cap the hit down.

JD is asleep at the wheel. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Jets seem to be doing the right things so far in FA.  Biggest question i have is, if they don’t get a legit wr in FA, and then the top 3 wrs go in the draft before them, would they still go OT at 10 and then hope to address wr in round 3 or would they pivot to bowers or a trade back?

Welcome to the Rodgers level of hell.

• Thumb Down 1