Jets in on Tyler Boyd

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

They don’t have to take a tackle at 10 though, if they’re able to trade back they could still get a tackle in round 1 and also get an extra day 2 pick.  If douglas is hell bent on (finally) fixing the OL, that would probably be the way to go.  Then they could dip into the deep wr pool in round 2 and have that 3rd rounder for defense, likely. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

already assuming cards take harrison.  but if the giants go OL or qb that means it could shake out that nobody else goes wr until chicago at 9 maybe.  but if the cards go harrison and then the giants go nabors, then rome could easily go by 9.

that is true.  I also believe though that someone is trading up for the 4th qb.  Too many teams need one.  Vegas and minnesota have both checked in to see the price to move up.  Denver would be a candidate but they have legitimately 0 draft capital, unless they use surtain as bait to move up. 

The chargers will be that swing spot in order to trade down I believe right now.  Unless either the pats or the cardinals feel like they're in good shape and want to move out but I dont see it.  I'm just playing the odds.  Its rare 3 wrs go in the top 10.  Last time was '21 with chase, waddle, and smith.  the time before that was back in 2017 with corey davis, mike williams, and john ross (woof). 

Either way the jets at 10 are sitting pretty for a need.  

If you tell me 4 qbs and 3 wrs go in the top 10 then only 3 spots remaining.  If 3 OT's went off the board somehow you'd still be left with bowers.  The jets are getting to either Pick a WR, Bowers, or a top 3 OT at 10.  

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

that is true.  I also believe though that someone is trading up for the 4th qb.  Too many teams need one.  Vegas and minnesota have both checked in to see the price to move up.  Denver would be a candidate but they have legitimately 0 draft capital, unless they use surtain as bait to move up. 

The chargers will be that swing spot in order to trade down I believe right now.  Unless either the pats or the cardinals feel like they're in good shape and want to move out but I dont see it.  I'm just playing the odds.  Its rare 3 wrs go in the top 10.  Last time was '21 with chase, waddle, and smith.  the time before that was back in 2017 with corey davis, mike williams, and john ross (woof). 

Either way the jets at 10 are sitting pretty for a need.  

If you tell me 4 qbs and 3 wrs go in the top 10 then only 3 spots remaining.  If 3 OT's went off the board somehow you'd still be left with bowers.  The jets are getting to either Pick a WR, Bowers, or a top 3 OT at 10.  

at this point i assume plan A is to fill OL spots in FA and then use the 10 pick for nabers, rome or bowers.  if all 3 are gone by 10 then i could see them exploring trade back options. 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at this point i assume plan A is to fill OL spots in FA and then use the 10 pick for nabers, rome or bowers.  if all 3 are gone by 10 then i could see them exploring trade back options. 

I agree.  I think it may honestly come down to Odunze or trade back when all is said and done.

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

I agree.  I think it may honestly come down to Odunze or trade back when all is said and done.

giants and bears are the keys to wrs there.  giants are often mocked with nabers, but if they go OL or qb or trade out of the top 10 so denver or minny can get a qb, that opens up a wr.  also, the bears may take a wr to complement the new qb.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

They don’t have to take a tackle at 10 though, if they’re able to trade back they could still get a tackle in round 1 and also get an extra day 2 pick.  If douglas is hell bent on (finally) fixing the OL, that would probably be the way to go.  Then they could dip into the deep wr pool in round 2 and have that 3rd rounder for defense, likely. 

In that scenario (which I agree with), they could use their 3rd round pick for a QB too (ex. QB from Tulane). Need to get a QB prospect in the building soon.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

giants and bears are the keys to wrs there.  giants are often mocked with nabers, but if they go OL or qb or trade out of the top 10 so denver or minny can get a qb, that opens up a wr.  also, the bears may take a wr to complement the new qb.  

I don't think Giants go OL. or QB at #6. WR very possible . Sleeper pick.....Bowers. Waller is done and may retire. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was thinking OL but some of the moves they've made make WR seem more likely to me there.

also i can see the giants going qb late round 1 or early round 2, but still you look at the giants and they really have no weapons. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was thinking OL but some of the moves they've made make WR seem more likely to me there.

I don't think they go o-line either. They have 2 1st round picks at OT (Thomas and Neal) and they drafted their C last year

I think we're looking pretty good at 10 right now, especially if we sign a LT.  I'm pretty confident that Bowers will be there, and if he is I'm guessing he'll be the pick.  Not gonna lie, I'll mark out pretty hard if we take him.  A weapon core of Garrett, Bowers, Breece is pretty sexy.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Since they just got Moses it might be unlikely they draft a tackle unless fashanu is there. Unless they think fuaga can play LT. With the way the WR market played put if Odunze is there he might very well be the pick

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

I don't think they go o-line either. They have 2 1st round picks at OT (Thomas and Neal) and they drafted their C last year

They've made their big FA signing at G with Jon Runyan. The problem is just that Evan Neal is awful so I've seen some speculation they could take an OT and kick Neal inside, but the Runyan signing seems to make that less likely.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sammybighead said:

I think any team that doesn't need a qb that passes on an OT prospect like Alt is stupid. He can lock down the LT spot for 15 years. Detroit turned a corner when they drafted sewell and focused on the oline. 

He's the one player I really want that I think has no chance to fall to us. All of the other OTs and WRs could.

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the giants go wr, but you never know. 

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yep, the Giants desperately need a WR and this is a great draft to have that problem 

8 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I think we're looking pretty good at 10 right now, especially if we sign a LT.  I'm pretty confident that Bowers will be there, and if he is I'm guessing he'll be the pick.  Not gonna lie, I'll mark out pretty hard if we take him.  A weapon core of Garrett, Bowers, Breece is pretty sexy.  

I don’t really get the bowers love. He isn’t a good fit here. Aaron Rodgers has never had a TE average more than 39 yards a game playing with him. He hates throwing over the middle, the majority of routes a TE runs. If he’s drafted, at best we’re drafting a guy that’ll get 3-4 targets a game. This franchise is trying to get impact players that’ll help immediately, I just can’t see this team spending a 1 on a guy that doesn’t fit into the offense, that doesn’t run the types of routes the qb favors.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They've made their big FA signing at G with Jon Runyan. The problem is just that Evan Neal is awful so I've seen some speculation they could take an OT and kick Neal inside, but the Runyan signing seems to make that less likely.

Forgot about the Runyan signing. They also signed Eluemunor who is an OT. Could start him and move Neal inside.

Now I definitely think no way they go o-line

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I don’t really get the bowers love. He isn’t a good fit here. Aaron Rodgers has never had a TE average more than 39 yards a game playing with him. He hates throwing over the middle, the majority of routes a TE runs. If he’s drafted, at best we’re drafting a guy that’ll get 3-4 targets a game. This franchise is trying to get impact players that’ll help immediately, I just can’t see this team spending a 1 on a guy that doesn’t fit into the offense, that doesn’t run the types of routes the qb favors.

You evaluate the player not how he fits with a qb who may not even play one more year here.  If the guy is good you consider him.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

My crystal ball is telling me WRs in round 1 and 3 or 4.

Douglas does like WR, he takes one in every draft 

Your prediction is probably closer to the truth than the "they stay at 10 and take Olu" chalk predictions 

who do you think the Jets want? Rome? 

David Bakhtiari signing incoming, Carter Warren and Max Mitchell share the backup jobs. 

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I don’t really get the bowers love. He isn’t a good fit here. Aaron Rodgers has never had a TE average more than 39 yards a game playing with him. He hates throwing over the middle, the majority of routes a TE runs. If he’s drafted, at best we’re drafting a guy that’ll get 3-4 targets a game. This franchise is trying to get impact players that’ll help immediately, I just can’t see this team getting a guy that doesn’t fit into the offense.

Yeah I'm sorry I'm not passing on a generational talent because my 40 year old QB "might" not throw to him a ton.  Also throw whatever stats out there that you want, it doesn't change the fact that Rodgers has never had a TE on that level.  Because a washed Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley didn't put up 1000 yard seasons doesn't mean Bowers couldn't, or wouldn't.  

Still, what's the alternative?  Assuming we don't need an OT.  We trade down for a BTJ or Troy Franklin?  They're nice receivers, but not exactly rare talents.  The type of guys you can find in any draft.  Bowers is a once in a generation type TE.  You won't get the chance to draft a kid like this again.  Maybe you can get lucky and find that guy in the 3rd or 4th like a Kelce, but chances are you won't.  

...also not sure where you got that number from:  39 yards per game.  Finley averaged more than that every year minus his rookie season.  He topped 50 three times and 60 once(for comparison sake, the great George Kittle the last 3 years:  63.8, 51, 65).  And considering the hope/expectation would be that Bowers will be a much more dangerous pass catching option than Jermichael Finley, I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect him to eclipse those averages.  

• Ugh 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Chiefs are defending SB Champs.  Pittsburgh is home for him.  Think its a long shot.  Very long shot.

Throw in the Jets QB is running for VP of the USA and it's basically a 0% chance.

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Legette is booty... took until his 5th year to breakout and his best year for anyone who was not a ****ing super senior was 167 yards... he is an athlete before a wr and i hate his face because people keep pretending this 23 year old *** prospect is something special.

ron burgundy GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Nothing to report there yet.

I've heard Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiari, and MVS.

What do I win? 

On 3/12/2024 at 3:49 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

You guys are going to be eating these pessimistic words when you see them revamp the WR corps... with MVS followed by re-signing Berrios

I'm saving screen shots for my receipts!

Truth is, despite the obvious jokes and groans, I don't even think Berrios would be such a terrible re-signing. Very cheap (barely anything guaranteed) + familiarity with others on the team + could play a WR4-5 role they envisioned for Cobb but unlike Cobb he isn't slow yet & can also contribute on specials. 

Plus I would LOVE to revamp that "Someday" thread.