Jets in on Tyler Boyd

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Jets seem to be doing the right things so far in FA.  Biggest question i have is, if they don’t get a legit wr in FA, and then the top 3 wrs go in the draft before them, would they still go OT at 10 and then hope to address wr in round 3 or would they pivot to bowers or a trade back?

Bowers then Leggett or Persall then Malik Washington. That’s a lot of ummphh and speed and shake n bake. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hearing anything about Mike Williams interest from the genius ensemble in Florham Park?

Nothing to report there yet.

I've heard Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiari, and MVS.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I fear the jets will fix the OL in FA enough and then the top 3 wrs are gone and the jets take bowers. 

It wouldn’t surprise me either.

I do think a WR will be available.  If not, a trade down would probably be on the table as well.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I do think a WR will be available.  If not, a trade down would probably be on the table as well.

Main scenario either rome or Nabers is there at 10, is if mccarthy goes top 9.  But even if 4 qbs go top 9, you could still have top 3 wrs in there as well as alt.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Main scenario either rome or Nabers is there at 10, is if mccarthy goes top 9.  But even if 4 qbs go top 9, you could still have top 3 wrs in there as well as alt.  

I could see that and then, yeah, you’d have to figure the pick would be Bowers.  The team loves him from what I know.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Definitely not a modern day Charlie's Angels.

Eh - I wouldn’t hate it.  In fact, I’d probably prefer to shore up the line with FA and address the WR in the draft.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Bowers then Leggett or Persall then Malik Washington. That’s a lot of ummphh and speed and shake n bake. 

Legette is booty... took until his 5th year to breakout and his best year for anyone who was not a ****ing super senior was 167 yards... he is an athlete before a wr and i hate his face because people keep pretending this 23 year old *** prospect is something special.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I could see that and then, yeah, you’d have to figure the pick would be Bowers.  The team loves him from what I know.

Eh - I wouldn’t hate it.  In fact, I’d probably prefer to shore up the line with FA and address the WR in the draft.

I’m warming to the idea of bowers, though idk if this coaching staff would truly use him correctly.  Rodgers would probably enjoy having him there to throw quick strikes and have him run for yac.  And a weapon is a weapon, and the jets probably aren’t getting a legit #2 wr in FA.  I guess his pro day will be interesting. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Legette is booty... took until his 5th year to breakout and his best year for anyone who was not a ****ing super senior was 167 yards... he is an athlete before a wr and i hate his face because people keep pretending this 23 year old *** prospect is something special.

He reminds me of another gamecock wr

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m warming to the idea of bowers, though idk if this coaching staff would truly use him correctly.  Rodgers would probably enjoy having him there to throw quick strikes and have him run for yac.  And a weapon is a weapon, and the jets probably aren’t getting a legit #2 wr in FA.  I guess his pro day will be interesting. 

Apparently didn't participate in pro day

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-brock-bowers-amarius-mims-132837040.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't get this thinking. They should draft a tackle regardless. Who is protecting Rodgersnext year when smith/bhaktiari gets hurt and Moses is not resigned?

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They should sign Tyron Smith to give themselves maximum flexibility at #10 to draft an OT (Moses' contract expires after this season, Smith's injury concerns), WR, or trade back.

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

I don't get this thinking. They should draft a tackle regardless. Who is protecting Rodgersnext year when smith/bhaktiari gets hurt and Moses is not resigned?

They should, if only after a trade back.  But increasingly, i can see the jets gm sitting there saying we need more weapons and we’re not going to get them in FA, we (currently) have no 2nd round pick, and may not be able to trade back.  If we can’t, we’re going offensive weapon at 10.  If it’s rome, great.  If it’s bowers, great.  But we’re getting a weapon to make this offense look functional so i don’t lose my job. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I’m not saying avoid the position entirely but I’m not of the opinion that we should overpay anyone left on the WR market and leave a rookie protecting our QBs blindside.

It’s just how I view the remaining FA market.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They should, if only after a trade back.  But increasingly, i can see the jets gm sitting there saying we need more weapons and we’re not going to get them in FA, we (currently) have no 2nd round pick, and may not be able to trade back.  If we can’t, we’re going offensive weapon at 10.  If it’s rome, great.  If it’s bowers, great.  But we’re getting a weapon to make this offense look functional so i don’t lose my job. 

I could see the trade down scenario if Fuaga and Dallas Turner are on the board. Will be interesting if Fuaga is seen as strictly a RT and the team that everyone has taking him just signed a RT(us.)  Turner is best edge and a team  that needs a PR may want him bad enough to move up. If one of the top 3 wr's on board, it's a moot point. We take him.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not saying avoid the position entirely but I’m not of the opinion that we should overpay anyone left on the WR market and leave a rookie protecting our QBs blindside.

It’s just how I view the remaining FA market.

I agree.  But also I think that going into the draft with options is also best for the team.  

I think there is a world where we sign Smith/Bahktiari (hopefully both) and then say ok we can either take a WR at 10 and hope to find a good tackle prospect in rd 3, OR we can trade down, take a wr or tackle and then address whichever we did not at that spot in rd 2. 

I just like options.  I dont want to feel the need to commit to one thing or another going into a draft that has depth at our positions of need. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I could see the trade down scenario if Fuaga and Dallas Turner are on the board. Will be interesting if Fuaga is seen as strictly a RT and the team that everyone has taking him just signed a RT(us.)  Turner is best edge and a team  that needs a PR may want him bad enough to move up. If one of the top 3 wr's on board, it's a moot point. We take him.

id be hard pressed to see a scenario where at least 1 of the WR's is not on the board by 10.  

MHJ is almost a lock to go top 5, but after that its really anyones guess.  I think we will be looking at atleast 1 of them when sitting there at 10. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

id be hard pressed to see a scenario where at least 1 of the WR's is not on the board by 10.  

MHJ is almost a lock to go top 5, but after that its really anyones guess.  I think we will be looking at atleast 1 of them when sitting there at 10. 

I don’t think it’s so far fetched that Harrison, nabers and rome are all gone in the top 9.  At least 2 wrs will be gone.  Big question is what the giants do.

1 minute ago, TheAustrian said:

if tyler boyd is our big fa aquisition as weapon we need to adress wr or bowers in the draft

If they sign one more OL now, you’d have to assume the big focus is on adding a weapon in round 1.  And likely that’s bowers or rome, both of which will be on most team’s top 10 boards. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nothing to report there yet.

I've heard Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiari, and MVS.

The Packers got rid of Rodgers, Cobb, Lazard, MVS and played the whole damn season without Bakhtiari , won a playoff game and should have been in the NFC championship game. Anbody else the the pattern here ? 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t think it’s so far fetched that Harrison, nabers and rome are all gone in the top 9.  At least 2 wrs will be gone.  Big question is what the giants do.

to me the biggest threats are the cardinals who are definitely taking MHJ unless they trade out

Giants next since they absolutely need one, then I believe the bears are the only other threat to take a wr. 

Conceivable but I do think unless someone trades up ahead of the giants for mccarthy, then thats where they go, and I am starting to believe the bears want to look defensively in that spot at 9.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He reminds me of another gamecock wr

Bryan Edwards.....😂 jk Edwards was way more productive than Legette in college.

So... you're telling me... he's Deebo .... helmet scouting is fun...

Deebos college production sucked because he was injured his junior year.

Deebos 4 years in college 2076 yards

Legette first 4 years in school 423 yards

Add in Legettes stellar super senior year woth 1255 yards and he still with 5 years does not come close to Deebos 4 year college production. Add to that old prospect.... it's not a good profile... its a profile to avoid.

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Bryan Edwards.....😂 jk

So... he's Deebo .... helmet scouting is fun...

Deebos college production sucked because he was injured his junior year.

Deebos 4 years in college 2076 yards

Legette first 4 years in school 423 yards

Add in Legettes stellar super senior year woth 1255 yards and he still with 5 years does not come close to Deebos 4 year college production. Add to that old prospect.... it's not a good peofile... its a profile to avoid.

I never looked at the stats of either. Just the way he plays reminds me of Deebo is all.

10 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

MHJ and Nabers will definitely be off the board by 10. Odunze is 50/50. But I could see him being taken as well.

If all 3 are off the board, I'd trade down a couple spots and be in position to nab Brian Thomas Jr

12 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

to me the biggest threats are the cardinals who are definitely taking MHJ unless they trade out

Giants next since they absolutely need one, then I believe the bears are the only other threat to take a wr. 

Conceivable but I do think unless someone trades up ahead of the giants for mccarthy, then thats where they go, and I am starting to believe the bears want to look defensively in that spot at 9.  

already assuming cards take harrison.  but if the giants go OL or qb that means it could shake out that nobody else goes wr until chicago at 9 maybe.  but if the cards go harrison and then the giants go nabors, then rome could easily go by 9.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow Absurd. He’s a one trick pony. 

Can’t remember the specifics but I saw something that showed that Mooney got the least amount of accurate passes thrown his way over a certain amount of time. Not sure if it was just last year or for his career, but if that’s the case, Atlanta may believe he’d be more productive with a guy like cousins throwing him the ball.

22 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

if tyler boyd is our big fa aquisition as weapon we need to adress wr or bowers in the draft

I think that’s the plan

Go get Smith or Bakhtiari and a dude like Boyd, then get a legit playmaker at the top of the draft.