Jets in on Tyler Boyd

I like Boyd, but wouldn't want to go overboard for him.

I've seen projections of between $7M - $9M a year for him, which seems fair to me, but who knows with this insane WR market at the moment.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Chiefs are defending SB Champs.  Pittsburgh is home for him.  Think its a long shot.  Very long shot.

Jets would have to overpay to overcome those obstacles. It's a longshot, but I live in hope.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I've seen projections of between $7M - $9M a year for him, which seems fair to me, but who knows with this insane WR market at the moment.

Mooney got $13 mil a year. Boyd will want at least that.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Mooney got $13 mil a year. Boyd will want at least that.

Probably - though Mooney is younger and still has upside, at least theoretically.  Boyd is about to be 30 and is primarily a slot guy, so he may come slightly cheaper.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Chiefs are defending SB Champs.  Pittsburgh is home for him.  Think its a long shot.  Very long shot.

Jets seem to be doing the right things so far in FA.  Biggest question i have is, if they don’t get a legit wr in FA, and then the top 3 wrs go in the draft before them, would they still go OT at 10 and then hope to address wr in round 3 or would they pivot to bowers or a trade back?

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This team once gave a nearly paralyzed Quincy Enunwa $9m per....

Sign the guy, we're desperate for WR help. Again.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed. Throw in Saleh, Hackett, worst tax situation in the country and the total dysfunction and instability of the Jets in general and long shot may be a generous way to put it.

My crystal ball is telling me WRs in round 1 and 3 or 4.

I’d be thrilled if they got Boyd but this team needs more and the free agent WR market is out of control contract wise (a game I don’t see JD playing).  

A trade is possible but we don’t have the ammo for Higgins, stripping out our pick at 10.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jetswin said:

This guy disappears for long stretches, we got guys like that already. Only for small dollars please 

He played inside of Chase and Higgins, Of course he disappeared. This isn't fantasy football. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

They need a wr.  But they also need a left tackle.  They may think Lazard will have a bounce back season with Rodgers throwing the ball. So maybe they go free agent for a tackle and use a high draft pick on a wr.

I think they’ll sign a LT and still draft one in the 1st round.

As far as WR I see us signing a couple of #3 types (OBJ, Curtis Samuel, Josh Reynolds, Hollywood Brown) and then drafting one in the 3rd round.

I’d expect us to pass up on Mike Williams and spending big on a #2 WR because they’ll need that money to solidify the LT.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

As far as WR I see us signing a couple of #3 types (OBJ, Curtis Samuel, Josh Reynolds, Hollywood Brown) and then drafting one in the 3rd round.

I’d expect us to pass up on Mike Williams and spending big on a #2 WR because they’ll need that money to solidify the LT.

That works too.  They may be able to move back a few places for a tackle.  Especially if one of the blue chip guys have already been taken.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

They don’t have to take a tackle at 10 though, if they’re able to trade back they could still get a tackle in round 1 and also get an extra day 2 pick.  If douglas is hell bent on (finally) fixing the OL, that would probably be the way to go.  Then they could dip into the deep wr pool in round 2 and have that 3rd rounder for defense, likely. 

• Upvote 2