How we feelin Jets fans?

JD is doing everything he should be doing so far. Next:

Sign Backhtari for depth

Sign Mike Williams this week

Sign Clowney 

Bring back Corey Davis

Draft: Bowers, Alt, Fashnu, Odunze, Nabers all in play.  Happy with any of them. Maybe trade back. See how the rest of FA shakes out. 

Draft QB3 in 4th. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

Again, it also shows Saleh was loyal to a fault. Was he ever benched? They actually moved AVT out of position to accommodate him. 

Yeah, I cant stand Saleh or JD but as they say even a broken clock is correct 2x a day.  Let Saleh be the DC while AR runs the offense :)  while someone is lighting a fire under JD ass (prob Woody) to make some moves here.  My hope is they follow through and not stop here.

All in for what exactly? Theyre not winning the Super Bowl with this coaching staff. They’re as dumb as a rock and consistently get outcoached in every game.
all in for an above 500 season? Well I’m just shaking my head at all this sh*t. I have a bad feeling this year may set the franchise back another 10 years.
Is that in addition to all the previous 10 years that we've been set back?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BP said:

All in for what exactly? Theyre not winning the Super Bowl with this coaching staff. They’re as dumb as a rock and consistently get outcoached in every game.

all in for an above 500 season? Well I’m just shaking my head at all this sh*t. I have a bad feeling this year may set the franchise back another 10 years.

What makes you say they’re “all in”? They’ve haven’t mortgaged their future by trading any draft picks or handing out crazy long term contracts. In fact they’re projected to have over $150m in cap space next season. So this “all in” narrative isn’t quite true. 

38 minutes ago, C Mart said:

That's Wes Schweitzer's role.  Wouldn't surprise me if they draft a C/OG day 3

Understood. I think they need more than just Wes though. Would like to see a low $ signing of McGovern. If there isn’t much interest in him over the next few weeks then maybe it even happens post-Draft. 

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What makes you say they’re “all in”? They’ve haven’t mortgaged their future by trading any draft picks or handing out crazy long term contracts. In fact they’re projected to have over $150m in cap space next season. So this “all in” narrative isn’t quite true. 

I was asking the person I quoted, that. Maybe you should ask him? 

34 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think the biggest underrated move they made was getting rid of Laken....man he was bad and big reason so many plays on offense were blown up.

Another underrated move would be getting away from the zone blocking scheme we have used the last few years.  So many miscommunications along the OL - certainly was not helped by having to go 12 or 13 deep along the OL last year.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Another underrated move would be getting away from the zone blocking scheme we have used the last few years.  So many miscommunications along the OL - certainly was not helped by having to go 12 or 13 deep along the OL last year.  

and altho no proof can be made IMO that scheme caused injuries to wrong player types and inexperience.

24 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

JD is doing everything he should be doing so far. Next:

Sign Backhtari for depth

Sign Mike Williams this week

Sign Clowney 

Bring back Corey Davis

Draft: Bowers, Alt, Fashnu, Odunze, Nabers all in play.  Happy with any of them. Maybe trade back. See how the rest of FA shakes out. 

Draft QB3 in 4th. 

Goddamn, son.

Just how deep do you think Woody’s pockets are?

Pleasantly surprised we won’t be heading into the draft with Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh trying to tell everyone how good they feels about Carter Warren starting with straight faces. It’ll be nice to have a little flexibility around pick ten.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I was responding to you saying this offseason is gonna set the team back 10 years? How exactly 

Oh, forgive me if that’s the way it came across. I meant the whole Aaron Rodger’s /saleh bring everybody back “all in”.  

let me clarify:

Saleh should have been let go after last year. The Jets decision to let a 41 year old qb past his prime run the organization probably won’t end well. And when it doesn’t end well, it will most likely be spectacular.

so how do you move forward from that? Nobody good is going to want to play or coach here. 

1 minute ago, BP said:

Oh, forgive me if that’s the way it came across. I meant the whole Aaron Rodger’s /saleh bring everybody back “all in”.  

let me clarify:

Saleh should have been let go after last year. The Jets decision to let a 41 year old qb past his prime run the organization probably won’t end well. And when it doesn’t end well, it will most likely be spectacular.

so how do you move forward from that? Nobody good is going to want to play or coach here. 

I mean Saleh won 7 games with no QB or offensive line last year. Pretty impressive I’d say, no? Let’s see how he does this year with Rodgers. And how is Rodgers running the organization exactly? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Saleh won 7 games with no QB or offensive line last year. Pretty impressive I’d say, no? Let’s see how he does this year with Rodgers. And how is Rodgers running the organization exactly? 

I’d just say that the team quit several times last year. Black Friday before the half was horrible. A 101 yard pick 6 on a Hail Mary at the end of the half is all coaching. If you’re ok with that, that’s fine. But I’m not. I’ve never ever seen that before at the end of a  game or a half. That was a historical quit on national tv. And it’s quickly forgotten.

How's he running the organization ? Hackett? Lazard? They’re both awful. He’s responsible for recruiting horrible coaches and horrible players. How did he elevate to that position? I thought he was just the qb? And when he went down lol all you had to do was look at Salehs face. He had no clue what to do. So yeah, they let him have free reign.

2 minutes ago, BP said:

I’d just say that the team quit several times last year. Black Friday before the half was horrible. A 101 yard pick 6 at the end of the half is all coaching. If you’re ok with that, that’s fine. But I’m not. I’ve never ever seen that before at the end of a  game or a half. That was a historical quit on national tv. And it’s quickly forgotten.

How's he running the organization ? Hackett? Lazard? They’re both awful. He’s responsible for recruiting horrible coaches and horrible players. How did he elevate to that position? I thought he was just the qb? And when he went down lol all you had to do was look at Salehs face. He had no clue what to do. So yeah, they let him have free rein.

Well having an all time great QB run the offense is usually not a bad thing. I have no problem with them giving him free rein on what personnel he wants in his offense. Unfortunately it never came to fruition cause of the injury. Again, let’s see how it works out this year. 

I think at the end of the day ... After slogging through all the brilliance in this thread ... One question keeps hammering at the dendrites in my brain ...

"What does @BP really think of this coaching staff ??!!"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

The Jets are like the Polish Navy.  Look great right up to the point you put the ships in the sea.

I am shocked you are posting during tax season. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think at the end of the day ... After slogging through all the brilliance in this thread ... One question keeps hammering at the dendrites in my brain ...

"What does @BP really think of this coaching staff ??!!"

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I just had hernia surgery on Wednesday, so I am stuck in my house and bored out of my mind. So excuse me for going postal on Saleh. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BP said:

I just had hernia surgery on Wednesday, so I am stuck in my house and bored out of my mind. So excuse me for going postal on Saleh. 

Ouch ... Did you speed bridge your abdomen 😂... Get better !

• Upvote 1

Feel like we are a 4-6 win team max pretty much same as every other year under joe 

QB we are depending on a qb that is 40 and could not last a game last year anx our back up is as fragile as they come

our wr core is awful - one stud and the rest are duds 

defensively we are very suspect- the offense was so bad last year saleh and his d underperformed but got a pass mostly 

I get having hope but this will be  a repeat of last year 

joe had had maybe the worst draft ever and maybe the best ever - he needs to come up with 3-4 starters in the draft with a very good wr being one of them 

2 hours ago, BP said:

This coaching staff has never had a season with consistent, competent, qb play / offensive line play. You can blame the coaching staff, you can blame it on bad luck, but at the end of the day we still haven’t seen this staff get a long stretch of games with that. I don’t feel like there is quite enough to judge.

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ouch ... Did you speed bridge your abdomen 😂... Get better !

The key is a stool softener concoction with gas X and metamucil. 5 star bowel movements. They slide right out and minimal wiping. Anesthesia and pain killers turn your insides into concrete. I threw the pain killers down the toilet too. 

just need to heal. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, BP said:

Our HC is lazy and has rocks for brains.  Our only hope is that the players (in particular, Aaron Rodgers) can overcome it all.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Feel like we are a 4-6 win team max pretty much same as every other year under joe 

QB we are depending on a qb that is 40 and could not last a game last year anx our back up is as fragile as they come

defensively we are very suspect- the offense was so bad last year saleh and his d underperformed but got a pass mostly 

joe had had maybe the worst draft ever and maybe the best ever - he needs to come up with 3-4 starters in the draft with a very good wr being one of them 

They won 7 games last year 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Where's the dog sh*t post of the week emoji?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1