How we feelin Jets fans?

I think we have to feel good as a fanbase over the free agent moves. Free agency allows a GM to target positions of need, which is what JD did. Meanwhile the draft should be used to select the most talented players. It’s great when the most talented players match a position of need, but you don’t want to reach. These FA moves has given JD more flexibility in the draft.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is what all in is supposed to look like.  It may not work out, but JD is doing what has to in order to try to win with a 41 year old QB.  Now he has to surround him with some weapons. 

All in for what exactly? Theyre not winning the Super Bowl with this coaching staff. They’re as dumb as a rock and consistently get outcoached in every game.

all in for an above 500 season? Well I’m just shaking my head at all this sh*t. I have a bad feeling this year may set the franchise back another 10 years.

• Sympathy 1

Hard not to be happy with the Tyron Smith, Moses and Simpson moves that allow AVT and Tippmann to play their home positions. I’d like to see one more IOL depth move. Re-signing McGovern to backup C/OG would fully check the FA OLine box in my opinion.

WR is the next shoe to drop. Could be Williams, maybe they bring back Corey Davis, or someone else. But, once that is done they head into the draft without a glaring hole and have a pretty large degree of flexibility.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Similar to many other Marches. Can I get back to you in 9 months?

I like the roster moves. Can not get past how bad this coaching staff still is.

My biggest concern was that the perception and opinions of OL Coach Keith Carter would make it difficult to sign decent offensive linemen in free agency. That has not really turned out to be the case.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BP said:

All in for what exactly? Theyre not winning the Super Bowl with this coaching staff. They’re as dumb as a rock and consistently get outcoached in every game.

all in for an above 500 season? Well I’m just shaking my head at all this sh*t. I have a bad feeling this year may set the franchise back another 10 years.

Then there is nothing to lose - you go all in and try to win superbowl - anything short of playoffs they all toast anyway.

Despite all the complaints, all the negativity, all the mutiny and allegations thrown around, this year was always about one thing for me: watching a great QB quarterback the Jets.  I really do not care about anything else.  Having confidence in the QB after the ball is snapped is something I have felt maybe once or twice in my lifetime.

• Upvote 2

Similar to many other Marches. Can I get back to you in 9 months?
I like the roster moves. Can not get past how bad this coaching staff still is.
This cannot be denied ... Pure malfeasance at its best.

How is Saleh still employed its insanity ... Can't wait for Rodgers to mask the Bald Beast's ineptitude into a 4 year extension smh.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Then there is nothing to lose - you go all in and try to win superbowl - anything short of playoffs they all toast anyway.

Based on what? The Jets have no track record of being competent at anything over the last 10 years. No improvements during the season. They always implode during must wins and eek out meaningless wins at the end of the season and act like they deserve a trophy.

I mean I’m going by their track record. They haven’t proven anything in years. They’ve been an utter failure.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BP said:

Based on what? The Jets have no track record of being competent at anything over the last 10 years. No improvements during the season. They always implode during must wins and eek out meaningless wins at the end of the season and act like they deserve a trophy.

I mean I’m going by their track record. They haven’t proven anything in years. They’ve been an utter failure.

No argument here...I'd say they have no choice though but to try, and we have no choice but to sit back and watch (or move on)

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

How is Saleh still employed its insanity ... Can't wait for Rodgers to mask the Bald Beast's ineptitude into a 4 year extension smh.

Coach Saleh during contract negotiations in Christopher (the gimp) basement 

IMG_1445.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

No argument here...I'd say they have no choice though but to try, and we have no choice but to sit back and watch (or move on)

Excuse me for being so miserable, but I’m a pessimist. And they have to prove themselves. I’ll believe it when I see it and I refuse to get excited.

ps: I won’t tell you to get off my lawn 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 4

With a Williams signing believe it or not I will be pretty happy, we have to rely on a oft injured guy in a key position but it’s a worthy gamble imo

no rookie tackle at 10, WR, QB or trade down JD, DONT sabotage the good will you have built up 👍👍👍👍👍👍

i’m tired - really tired of the most exciting part of the jets year being free agency and the draft - having said that maybe just maybe we’re on our way to a successful season that includes a run in the playoffs- stay healthy ( and we deserve our luck to turn here) and we could have a terrific season - and for all those that hate this coaching staff and front office - nothing succeeds like success and if we are successful next season maybe we can finally settle in with some stability for once - at least thats what i m hoping for……. and btw - great job in free agency so far joe!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's a big concern.

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hard not to be happy with the Tyron Smith, Moses and Simpson moves that allow AVT and Tippmann to play their home positions. I’d like to see one more IOL depth move. Re-signing McGovern to backup C/OG would fully check the FA OLine box in my opinion.

WR is the next shoe to drop. Could be Williams, maybe they bring back Corey Davis, or someone else. But, once that is done they head into the draft without a glaring hole and have a pretty large degree of flexibility.

That's Wes Schweitzer's role.  Wouldn't surprise me if they draft a C/OG day 3

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Are the D & STs not playoff worthy? 

The QB position has held this team back from the playoffs the past 2 seasons..Yes, OL injuries too tho I still think if Rodgers played last season the OL wouldn't have been as bad due to his knowledge of the game, putting guys in the right situation and his ability to make quick, accurate decisions

• Upvote 1

I feel fantastic. I think an underrated part of the moves we’ve made is that they’re mostly one year deals. I think we’re in good shape for 2024, but if the worst case scenario happens again we aren’t tied to a bunch of these guys. The new regime will come in and have pretty much a clean slate to work with. 

That said I’ll honestly be surprised if that happens, especially if we now take a weapon in the 1st. There was a lot of hype last year but we all knew a lot had to go right for our OL. This year that seems much less far fetched. I’m definitely excited. The draft can’t come soon enough. 

31 minutes ago, BP said:

Playoffs.  Just thinking about playoffs right now, something we have not sniffed in 14 years.  Once we finally figure out a way into the playoffs, then I will worry about SB.

And JD has done nothing this offseason to set the franchise back 10 years.  He traded for an above average OT who is getting paid $5M in the last year of his deal.  Added a potential All Pro OT who is also an injury risk for one season up to $20M with incentives, but only $6.5M guarantees according to reports.  Added another marginal starter to the OL on a 2 year $12M deal and a back up QB.  He has not committed any long term money nor has he traded any future picks.

It may work.  Or it may fail spectacularly.  For the last three years this entire site has bitched and moaned about the OL.  We added three starters this week.  Maybe its just me, but I think that is a good thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Playoffs.  Just thinking about playoffs right now, something we have not sniffed in 14 years.  Once we finally figure out a way into the playoffs, then I will worry about SB.

And JD has done nothing this offseason to set the franchise back 10 years.  He traded for an above average OT who is getting paid $5M in the last year of his deal.  Added a potential All Pro OT who is also an injury risk for one season up to $20M with incentives, but only $6.5M guarantees according to reports.  Added another marginal starter to the OL on a 2 year $12M deal and a back up QB.  He has not committed any long term money nor has he traded any future picks.

It may work.  Or it may fail spectacularly.  For the last three years this entire site has bitched and moaned about the OL.  We added three starters this week.  Maybe its just me, but I think that is a good thing.

I think the biggest underrated move they made was getting rid of Laken....man he was bad and big reason so many plays on offense were blown up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think the biggest underrated move they made was getting rid of Laken....man he was bad and big reason so many plays on offense were blown up.

Again, it also shows Saleh was loyal to a fault. Was he ever benched? They actually moved AVT out of position to accommodate him. 

• Upvote 1