The biggest BS Aaron Rodgers hit piece, and ? for the JN doomsday machine

6 hours ago, LSJF said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-and-nfl-would-be-better-off-without-aaron-rodgers-vautour/ar-BB1k29Tl

The biggest bs MSN hit piece, of course running with the CNN Sandy Hook story and other false hoods AB Rodgers

it almost sounds like the JN doomsday machine… My question is, do you agree with sh*t like this or defend the Jets and Rodgers in the situation… sort of like we can make fun of our own but if somebody from the outside, especially New England says something, does that bring back our Jets pride or whatever is left of it… 

The Patriots didn’t sign Calvin Ridley or trade for Keenan Allen. They didn’t acquire a new tackle to stabilize a shaky offensive line. Despite having more money than anyone going into free agency, they just re-signed their own guys from last year’s four-win team and haven’t gotten demonstrably better

But at least it’s not as bad as having to root for Aaron Rodgers.

When someone says things could be worse, they’re always talking about the Jets. Rooting for the Jets is always worse. Especially right now.

It was just two months ago that Rodgers said:

“If you want to be a winning organization, and to put yourself in position to win championships and be competitive, everything that you do matters, and the (poo) that has nothing to do with winning needs to get out of the building. So, that’ll be the focus moving forward.”

Since saying that, Rodgers, who has always been more self-obsessed than self-aware, has done lots of things that aren’t likely to help the Jets be a winning organization. He’s been open to becoming the vice presidential candidate for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and a report surfaced that he’s been sharing conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook mass shooting.

That means Jets fans are either going to lose their franchise savior quarterback to a presidential campaign on the Wack Job Bonkers Conspiracy Party ticket or they’re going to have to actually root for Rodgers, who continues to remind people what a contemptible human being he is.

If Mac Jones’ misleadingly successful rookie year did one valuable thing for the Patriots, it created just enough hope in him that New England never seriously entered the Rodgers bidding. Considering just how much Bill Belichick publicly praised Rodgers as a player, this could have been the Patriots’ problem.

Rodgers has since denied the Sandy Hook report. Did he actually say it? He could be telling the truth, but he has plenty of motivation to lie.According to the report, Rodgers actually shared the theory with CNN reporter Pamela Brown as well as someone else. From CNN:

Ad

“Brown was covering the Kentucky Derby for CNN in 2013 when she was introduced to Rodgers, then with the Green Bay Packers, at a post-Derby party. Hearing that she was a journalist with CNN, Rodgers immediately began attacking the news media for covering up important stories. Rodgers brought up the tragic killing of 20 children and 6 adults by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School, claiming it was actually a government inside job and the media was intentionally ignoring it.

When Brown questioned him on the evidence to show this very real shooting was staged, Rodgers began sharing various theories that have been disproven numerous times.”

So it wasn’t just from unnamed sources. When he had the motivation to mislead people about being vaccinated, he didn’t hesitate. The absence of facts didn’t stop him from slandering Jimmy Kimmel either.

But whether or not he spread Sandy Hook rumors, they sure sounded like something he would say. He’s a devoted follower of Joe Rogan, who was at best the fourth most reputable actor on “News Radio” and the host of a reality game show where people ate bugs before becoming a controversial podcaster. Rodgers has built his brand by not only supporting sketchy ideas but making sure everyone knows it.

Awful Announcing’s Sean Keeley broke down Rodgers’ appearance on a podcast that traffics in conspiracy theories (and charges $14.99 for access). This isn’t just relatively harmless flat earth or New Mexico aliens stuff either. In addition to believing that COVID was a ruse, used to mask experimental gene therapy, Rodgers shares a belief that there’s a movement of Chinese and Spanish-speaking immigrants who “are attempting to enter the U.S. to join the military to gain citizenship and then turn against Americans.”

That’s just scratching the surface. He’s got too many unhinged ideas to mention here.

Rodgers’ legacy should have been being one of the prettiest throwers of a football in history. His delivery of the ball into a flight path is football’s equivalent of Ken Griffey Jr.’s swing.

But his results have never quite matched up with his talent. He won one Super Bowl, but his reputation is of a guy whose teams have underachieved in big games. Or at least it was his reputation until he became the weirdo darkness chamber conspiracy guy.

Acquiring Rodgers was a classic Jets attempt at trying to find a shortcut to winning, hoping a 40-year-old, whose skills had been fading, could reverse the Zach Wilson disaster. But now in addition to his injury, he’s adding embarrassment to an already miserable franchise. They might be better if he does run for vice president.

Rodgers is right about the Jets needing to get rid of all the things distracting them from winning.

And there’s no bigger distraction than him.

Follow MassLive sports columnist Matt Vautour on Twitter at@MattVautour424.

©2024 Advance Local Media LLC. Visit masslive.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Not looking to shoot the messenger but this article DESERVES MULTIPLE Thumbs Down. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The thought police stuff is so cringe. 

Cringe are the people who think "having a negative opinion of something someone says" is the same as being "the thought police".

It's like you believe freedom of thought only goes one way. 

Hint:  it doesn't. 

You can think anything you want (and say it too).  And we the public, in turn, can think anything we want about you for thinking or saying it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Ask @Maxman Are you questioning me because I'm not one of the guys that kiss your ass?

You seem to be a guy that wants to be funny and more often than not you're not. But don't let me stop you from yucking it up 👍

No, I’m asking you because you’ve been responding to every one of my posts for the past two weeks but I can’t remember ever reading anything you’ve posted prior to this. It’s clear you want my attention and, for now, you have it. Are you from a different board or something? 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cringe are the people who think "having a negative opinion of something someone says" is the same as being "the thought police".

You can think anything you want (and say it too).  And we the public, in turn, can think anything we want about you for thinking or saying it.

There is no evidence he said anything. That’s thought policing. It’s a waste of time 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

All QBs are assholes. With Rodgers, it was always going to be a two year sprint to see if he could get the Jets over the top before his personality rubbed everyone raw. We lost a year of ROI but we’re still getting the annoying bits. It’s like that Dmitri Martin joke with the line graph that shows the correlation between how hot a chick is vs how interesting you find her cat stories. Currently, it’s all cat stories and no hotness.

LOVE me some Phifer stock

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, I’m asking you because you’ve been responding to every one of my posts for the past two weeks but I can’t remember ever reading anything you’ve posted prior to this. It’s clear you want my attention and, for now, you have it. Are you from a different board or something? 

More C level material 😅

54 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Not looking to shoot the messenger but this article DESERVES MULTIPLE Thumbs Down. 

Written by patriots fan, of course

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've been pondering which of the many, many recycled old posters under new names this one might be.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey new guy this isn’t a thing. 

You were the guy that wrote Rodgers gave a bullsh*t apology, lol. You're agenda was crystal clear right then. He never issued an apology because he had nothing to apologize for. 

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You were the guy that wrote Rodgers gave a bullsh*t apology, lol. You're agenda was crystal clear right then. He never issued an apology because he had nothing to apologize for. 

That's Dr. Guy That Wrote Rodgers Gave a Bullsh*t Apology to you pal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Except ppl aren't allowed to think what they want. In fact who is banning an entire media platform lately? Ppl in the west are put in prison for thought crimes too...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/19/business/russia-has-been-laying-groundwork-online-for-a-false-flag-operation-misinformation-researchers-say.html

What is so weird is nobody is going talk about those conspiracy theorists at the ny times. I have countless other examples of pretty kooky ideas that legacy media regularly tries to bring legitimacy too...

• WTF? 1

Funny how our government, Twitter, several other social media outlets completely shut down and blocked any alternative opinion to the BS science which has been proven to be complete and utter BS, and the data was there even at the time to show what BS it is. Is that thought police, or is that type of censoring, good, becuase you agree with the agenda? I did not hear anyone on one side complaining about that or talking about freedom of speech?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Funny how our government, Twitter, several other social media outlets completely shut down and blocked any alternative opinion to the BS science which has been proven to be complete and utter BS, and the data was there even at the time to show what BS it is. Is that thought police, or is that type of censoring, good, becuase you agree with the agenda? I did not hear anyone on one side complaining about that or talking about freedom of speech?

You guys are still doing this, eh? 

It’s not the negative thoughts that are cringe.  It’s the negative thoughts that always turn into people crying and insulting Rodgers at every opportunity they get.  You can hate Rodgers, I don’t think most give a sh!t.  But when every post about him has some form of petty as hell joke or shot taken it gets embarrassing.

And this is all after the fact that MANY on this board ousted themselves as pathetic, whiny adolescents during last offseason when trading for Rodgers was in discussion, crying on end about how he was SUCH a diva, not a team player, wasn’t going to show up in the offseason, didn’t want to play football anymore, etc.

We know how that turned out and how wrong most people were - because we wouldn’t be discussing some of these FA signings if it weren’t for Rodgers’ team friendly attitude.  The ONLY thing that has been proven true so far is that yes, outside attention has been brought on him a good amount so far, but it’s not like he’s tweeting sh!t out every week.  It’s just the NY media obsessing over his life outside football.

TL;DR some of you people have a real bad Rodgers complex.  Jealousy maybe?  Politics?  I don’t know what it is but it’s quite sad.  

• Upvote 2

I don't believe any media except the network that lost a billion dollars for lying to their viewers and is about to lose another billion in the not too distant future. 

The other 2 fringe networks about to lose a billion each for lying are pretty good too. 

Those 3 are the only ones that had the balls to tell the truth about Fauci. 

• Lith locked this topic