Scouts take on Brock Bowers - merged

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jeremiah, yesterday, asked specifically where’s the earliest he’d personally draft Bowers: “15th to the Colts.”

That’s because he’s been saying he’d like to see him go to the Colts, that he’d fit in and it would be fun. 

Little different slant

Jeff Legwold has him at 3  

3. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia, 6-3⅛, 243 (DNR)

Bowers was the first back-to-back Mackey Award winner and fits every part of an NFL passing game. He has elite hands, body control and separation in his routes. Bowers scored 26 TDs and averaged 14.5 yards per catch over his three collegiate seasons at Georgia. He lined up all over the formation in the Bulldogs' high-powered attack and also averaged 10.2 yards per carry on 19 career rushing attempts.

average prospect rank for “Mr. 10 yards”

Pauline 3

Brugler 6

Brooks 7

Jeremiah 7

BR 2 

Legwold 3  

Avg rank is 4.6.  Top 5 player basically. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Larz said:

Bowers was the first back-to-back Mackey Award winner and fits every part of an NFL passing game. He has elite hands, body control and separation in his routes. Bowers scored 26 TDs and averaged 14.5 yards per catch over his three collegiate seasons at Georgia. He lined up all over the formation in the Bulldogs' high-powered attack and also averaged 10.2 yards per carry on 19 career rushing attempts.

Pauline 3

Brugler 6

Brooks 7

Jeremiah 7

BR 2 

Legwold 3  

And he got screwed over as a freshman to not win the Mackey award. I’m guessing they just didn’t give it to him bc he was a freshman.

McBride won that year with 1100yds and 1 TD

Bowers at 850yds and 13 TDs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I do find it funny that the guys who don’t want Bowers pretty much criticize the position more so than anything. That’s kind of what I’m gathering.

Yet did we not draft Q 3rd overall when DTs don’t make too much of an impact bc he was BPA? I wasn’t on this board then to know peoples thoughts on that pick.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I do find it funny that the guys who don’t want Bowers pretty much criticize the position more so than anything. That’s kind of what I’m gathering.

Yet did we not draft Q 3rd overall when DTs don’t make too much of an impact bc he was BPA? I wasn’t on this board then to know peoples thoughts on that pick.

image.png.818d7281065eddd9d63991d2e0ddf87e.png

I can't speak for anyone else, but ehhh, it looks like, if we're going by MPH (bottom right, above), which I've been told is what all the kids are raving about these days, Bowers is only slightly faster than Quinnen Williams and 60 lbs lighter. 

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but ehhh, it looks like, if we're going by MPH (bottom right, above), which I've been told is what all the kids are raving about these days, Bowers is only slightly faster than Quinnen Williams and 60 lbs lighter. 

nathan fillion castle GIF

16 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

And Garrett is roughly 1.5 mph slower in his 40 and he ran a 4.38 if you are basing on that bogus image.

also it was 16.94 mph according to

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Quinnen&l=Williams&i=27927

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And Garrett is roughly 1.5 mph slower in his 40 and he ran a 4.38 if you are basing on that bogus image.

also it was 16.94 mph according to

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Quinnen&l=Williams&i=27927

Yes, I have doctored the image!

https://ras.football/2020/01/15/quinnen-williams-ras/

Either way, it would've been nice to compare it to Brock's. But this was all I found:

image.thumb.png.d1ed781491254dd011700bfe78fb8922.png

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s because he’s been saying he’d like to see him go to the Colts, that he’d fit in and it would be fun. 

Little different slant

He was asked specifically the earliest he could see Bowers going. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yet did we not draft Q 3rd overall when DTs don’t make too much of an impact bc he was BPA?

Aaron Donald won defensive player of the year in consecutive seasons prior to Quinnen being drafted. Who are these people that were saying DTs don’t make an impact?

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

11 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He ran 17 MPH at the combine

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Daniel&l=Jones&i=27288

you are embarrassing yourself now

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Pauline 3

Brugler 6

Brooks 7

Jeremiah 7

BR 2 

Legwold 3  

Vegas o/u on Bowers’ draft position: 12.5

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Really? If so then how does that reconcile with him being the heavy fav for the jets

Pre-draft narratives and mock draft bros not wanting to get burned by dropping a consensus top ten ranked prospect out of the top ten

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He ran 17 MPH at the combine

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Daniel&l=Jones&i=27288

you are embarrassing yourself now

Here‘s a good article by the RAS guy explaining why MPH doesn’t directly correlate to 40 time, and why dudes who run a 4.6 can still crack 20 MPH. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/2/24/14720660/nfl-combine-40-yard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Really? If so then how does that reconcile with him being the heavy fav for the jets

The way props work he’s less than 50% to go to the Jets. Presumably if you math it all out they think the Jets are one of the very few landing spots for him ahead of pick 13.

That and the way they set the O/U for him the over pays more than the under so they’re leaning under at least a little.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here‘s a good article by the RAS guy explaining why MPH doesn’t directly correlate to 40 time, and why dudes who run a 4.6 can still crack 20 MPH. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/2/24/14720660/nfl-combine-40-yard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

So assuming that is correct, Daniel Jones is faster than Lamar Jackson and Garrett Wilson?

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I didn’t say you doctored it, but you took it as fact. A person who runs 4.83 40 isn’t hitting 20 mph. Common sense could tell you that.

This is far from common sense.

Long-striders, and/or athletes who don’t specifically train to run in spandex out of a sprinters stance may take longer than 40 yards to hit top speed. 

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So assuming that is correct, Daniel Jones is faster than Lamar Jackson and Garrett Wilson?

Define faster.

Hitting a higher top speed doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll beat someone in a race.

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Keon Coleman ran like 4.6 in the 40 but then they  show the drills and his running them faster than anyone else, in a straight line and catching everything with his hands.

Then we have 40meisters like mecole hardman who has the worst football sense of a wr i have seen and kadarius toney who drops everything.

• Upvote 2

Based on this formula 

Mph=3600/(seconds x 44)

(There are 3600 seconds in an hour, and 44 intervals of 40 yards in a mile)

Daniel Jones reached 21.23 mph, that means he could run a 40 yard dash in 3.85 seconds.

or 1 second faster than his combine time.

I can’t be the only person on this forum who after watching years of Daniel Jones, realize that  him running a 3.85 40 is quite laughable.

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I think he’s saying that fast guys are fast, but everyone reaches peak speed after the first twenty yards. The second twenty is known as the flying twenty. Lamar, Chris Johnson, and Garrett are fast through every stage of the 40. Most guys are not. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Keon Coleman ran like 4.6 in the 40 but then they  show the drills and his running them faster than anyone else, in a straight line and catching everything with his hands.

Then we have 40meisters like mecole hardman who has the worst football sense of a wr i have seen and kadarius toney who drops everything.

I believe @jvill 51 cited something earlier like this with the Rams and Puka in this thread. Nacua had a slow 40 but also finished that same drill faster than anyone else @ the combine in his year, just like Keon. 

Looks promising for Keon.

Either way, we have none of this information for Brock, which, at least for me, is the larger point. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Based on this formula 

Mph=3600/(seconds x 44)

(There are 3600 seconds in an hour, and 44 intervals of 40 yards in a mile)

Daniel Jones reached 21.23 mph, that means he could run a 40 yard dash in 3.85 seconds.

or 1 second faster than his combine time.

I can’t be the only person on this forum who after watching years of Daniel Jones, realize that  him running a 3.85 40 is quite laughable.

Yeah, but you know that at the combine they start at 0 mph, right?  

And then they record the time from 0 yards to 40 yards. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Claymation said:

so you think Daniel Jones is faster than Lamar as well?

I don’t want to get too involved in this but how did Lamar Jackson get roped into this discussion of inabilities to interpret flying 20 times? 

• slats changed the title to Scouts take on Brock Bowers - merged