Would You Rather? (T depth)

Which of these two tackles do you prefer to add for depth?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two tackles do you prefer to add for depth?

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hypothetical - the Jets don't draft a T for whatever reason this week. Which of these two tackles do you prefer to add for depth?

These are the only choices?

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty much forgone conclusion they're drafting a weapon in first, signing Bak and whoever else for depth.  I don't see the logic in drafting OL who wouldnt start day 1.

Not every O lineman has to be a first round pick. Take one in later rounds. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think it's pretty much forgone conclusion they're drafting a weapon in first, signing Bak and whoever else for depth.  I don't see the logic in drafting OL who wouldnt start day 1.

So pretty much OT round 1 is a lock? 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

couldn't you say the same about a weapon?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Odunze, MHJ, or Bowers would start day 1.

First two will be gone and no way he's taking Bowers at 10 even if it may be the right pick. I honestly don't know enough. We going to get one of the two guy who's name starts out the same. 

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hypothetical - the Jets don't draft a T for whatever reason this week. Which of these two tackles do you prefer to add for depth?

Neither.

Sorry, it's just not an analogue decision.  

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Aren’t you in favor of trading up for MHJ?

Any of those 3 would be getting “starters” level of snaps 

Yes, my preference is trading up for MHJ if he falls to 5. Based on recent history any T taken will be getting significant snaps too. May even start at RT. I would be fine w/taking a tackle too. Makes sense.

44 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think this coaching staff hates Becton as a person. 

I think Bakhti isn’t positionally flexible and unreliable medically. 

Neither makes sense for us, IMO. 

drunk animal house GIF by IFC
just add lazy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is the reason why LT has to be the pick! Smith does not practice during training camp so who ever they draft will get all the practice reps and be ready WHEN Smith gets hurt.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Odunze, MHJ, or Bowers would start day 1.

I'm not sure this is a foregone conclusion. I love MHJ and Odunze but Mike Williams is a proven NFL talent and was brought here to play. 

A high quality slot receiever (Pearsall and Roman Wilson are two I like) could also slot in as WR3 on day 1. Rodgers loves his slot receivers. And they won't be top 10 picks. 

I want Odunze (MHJ is a pipe dream) but the point is valid, good WRs are available later too. The rookie WR record was just broken by a 5th round pick. Let's all just hope the scouts have done their jobs well.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Positive.. I don't know anything about college football but I've spent hours reading and watching experts (not JN experts) discuss every possible Jet option.  Those 3 dudes would clearly start and play more than a backup tackle. 

Not saying it's totally impossible, but I'll believe Bakhtiari signs on to be a mere backup when I see it happen -- especially while there are still starting tackle jobs out there.

He's a better fit for a team who drafts a rawer but talented tackle, perhaps not in round 1, so it's not a facepalm if the rookie isn't starting right away. Then either he steps in when Bakhtiari gets injured again, or just as well if Bakhtiari lasts all season then they got a premiere LT for cheap. There are plenty of recent high pick LT prospects who kinda sucked as rookies anyway, and take for granted most or all will be worse than a healthy Bakhtiari (certainly to start the season). 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'm not sure this is a foregone conclusion. I love MHJ and Odunze but Mike Williams is a proven NFL talent and was brought here to play. 

A high quality slot receiever (Pearsall and Roman Wilson are two I like) could also slot in as WR3 on day 1. Rodgers loves his slot receivers. And they won't be top 10 picks. 

I want Odunze (MHJ is a pipe dream) but the point is valid, good WRs are available later too. The rookie WR record was just broken by a 5th round pick. Let's all just hope the scouts have done their jobs well.

Have you looked at our drafting record at all?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

Have you looked at our drafting record at all?

I said let's hope :) not let's expect

As long as it's not another McDonald's Becton type pick, I'll survive.

Edit: also @ bakhtiari, I think I speak for most everyone when I say I'd be happy to have him on the vet minimum. Injuries and all. The real issue for us is that he may just want to hold out for a real paycheck from some desperate team later on. 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

If they draft a T at 10, he will most likely be the starter at RT over Moses, and certainly would at least share the job with Moses and have to step in at LT for the games Tyron Smith will miss. You can't expect 2 of the nearly oldest starting OT's in the NFL to play 17 games plus a long play off run. You need a young buck added to the mix.  

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If they draft a T at 10, he will most likely be the starter at RT over Moses, and certainly would at least share the job with Moses and have to step in at LT for the games Tyron Smith will miss. You can't expect 2 of the nearly oldest starting OT's in the NFL to play 17 games plus a long play off run. You need a young buck added to the mix.  

I understand but they are high on Carter Warren who played sone LT last year and have Max Mitchell who is a year removed from his clot issue.  They will also be signing Bak plus whatever other FA/draft OL they pick up. 

The team as presently constructed needs another weapon. People using the injury excuse to justify OL pick seem to forget Williams coming off an ACL.  If he goes down you happy with Lazard at WR2?  

Just now, Pac said:

I understand but they are high on Carter Warren who played sone LT last year and have Max Mitchell who is a year removed from his clot issue.  They will also be signing Bak plus whatever other FA/draft OL they pick up. 

The team as presently constructed needs another weapon. People using the injury excuse to justify OL pick seem to forget Williams coming off an ACL.  If he goes down you happy with Lazard at WR2?  

WR makes sense too but are you happy with Carter Warren protecting Aaron Rodgers blind side if when Tyron Smith goes down?

It's funny, but I just started a topic on Becton.  Looking at the stats for last year, not only do the Jets not seem to be interested, but I don't know if any team is interested at this point.  16 games in 2023- 16 penalties, and 12 sacks.  OUCH!