*** OFFICIAL 2024 UDFA THREAD***

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets are usually pretty active and big spenders in UDFA, but almost nothing this year. Wonder if Woody is pulling the purse strings a bit. 

Money is going into the Queens fund, shook.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets are usually pretty active and big spenders in UDFA, but almost nothing this year. Wonder if Woody is pulling the purse strings a bit. 

Mcgreggor, Taylor lll and Watts, were 3 of the higher coveted UDFAs available. Know something please. You are an embarrassment. 

3 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Mcgreggor, Taylor lll and Watts, were 3 of the higher coveted UDFAs available. Know something please. You are an embarrassment. 

I won’t reveal my sources, but I heard that John Lynch and Jerry Jones literally opened fire on each other in an attempt to sign Braiden McGregor. Jerry was winged in the firefight, but is recovering nicely in the ICU at Dallas General. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Know anything about him? Not a lot of info out there other than some grainy highlight stuff

Too deep for me but the snippets look fun.

The UDFA class is kind of funny, think it hits needs better than day three of the draft did.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

Too deep for me but the snippets look fun.

The UDFA class is kind of funny, think it hits needs better than day three of the draft did.

Yeah, I was thinking that earlier. If you pick Leonard Taylor in 4, McGregor in 5, and pick up Jordan Travis and Davis as UDFA’s, the draft looks a lot more clever than it did. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

It was very surprising that he went undrafted.  He was projected as a day 2

The Athletic 

155. Leonard Taylor III, DT, Miami (6-3, 303)

Taylor doesn’t lack for talent, but the raw physical tools aren’t enough and won’t deliver consistent on-field production until he develops a more disciplined approach. While there is untapped potential there, it will require a patient coaching staff and complete buy-in from the player for him to work his way into an NFL rotation.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean if he was so good. How didn’t he transfer to a bigger school with how the NCAA works now.

Those 2023 stats are abysmal, without context on  D2 and his team's roster, it's hard to give much credence to a few highlights.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean if he was so good. How didn’t he transfer to a bigger school with how the NCAA works now.

I read an interview with him and immediately Googled “Peewee Jarrett Frontal Lobotomy?”

• Haha 3

With the QB2, QB3 and QB4 the Jets have added, you would think Justin Fields was the starter and not Aaron Rodgers.

Ideally, you’d want backups who play the position in a similar manner at least stylistically so that if QB1 (or QB2) goes down, you don’t need to radically change your offense.

Taylor and the draftee / UDFA are more of the dual threat backyard baller than classic pocket QB.

Hackett proved completely inept at adapting the offense so as to maximize / hide ZW.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

With the QB2, QB3 and QB4 the Jets have added, you would think Justin Fields was the starter and not Aaron Rodgers.

Ideally, you’d want backups who play the position in a similar manner at least stylistically so that if QB1 (or QB2) goes down, you don’t need to radically change your offense.

Taylor and the draftee / UDFA are more of the dual threat backyard baller than classic pocket QB.

Hackett proved completely inept at adapting the offense so as to maximize / hide ZW.

I thought he did a good job of hiding him the last couple of weeks.

21 hours ago, C Mart said:

The Athletic 

Taylor doesn’t lack for talent, but the raw physical tools aren’t enough and won’t deliver consistent on-field production until he develops a more disciplined approach. While there is untapped potential there, it will require a patient coaching staff and complete buy-in from the player for him to work his way into an NFL rotation.

We have one of the best D-lines in NFL. If anyone can develop him, its us.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

The Athletic 

He will become disciplined after sitting through all the Broadway plays with Solomon Thomas.

• Haha 2