Chiefs agree to make Kelce Highest Paid TE in the NFL

From PFT: 

Not that there was much question, but Travis Kelce isn’t going anywhere. 

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Kelce and the Chiefs have agreed to a two-year contract extension that will make him the league’s highest-paid tight end. 

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. 

Kelce, 34, has developed into one of the best tight ends in league history. He finished the 2023 season with 93 catches for 984 yards with five touchdowns in 15 games. it was the first time he hadn’t reached 1,000 yards in a season since 2015 — his third year in the league. Kelce’s seven consecutive seasons with at least 1,000 yards are a record for a tight end. 

Kelce then caught 32 passes for 355 yards with three touchdowns in the postseason to help the Chiefs win their second consecutive Super Bowl and third in the last five years.

Kelce’s previous contract ran through 2025, so he’s now tied to the organization through 2027. This deal will give the tight end a strong chance to finish his career with Kansas City.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes posted his reaction to news of the deal on social media.

“I told y’all I’ll never let him leave!!” Mahomes said. “Congrats my guy!!”

In 159 career games, Kelce has recorded 907 catches for 11,328 yards with 74 touchdowns. He’s the all-time franchise leader in receiving yards and should set the franchise records for receptions and receiving touchdowns in the coming season. He’s also recorded 165 catches for 1,903 yards with 19 TDs in the postseason.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

His girlfriend dropped an album 3 days ago that will make more money than his career.......(exaggeration is made for purposes of entertainment value only.)

Not sure that’s an exaggeration. If my girlfriend was a billionaire, I’m not sure how many more NFL hits I would want to take. Although she is a little finicky. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Yet the team refuses to pony up money for a new stadium and wants the city\state to fork out a billion dollars.

The new built stadium should be built as high as the tower of Babel.

At least 1,000 flights of stairs to challenge the head coach on gamedays.

8 minutes ago, peebag said:

Yet the team refuses to pony up money for a new stadium and wants the city\state to fork out a billion dollars.

At least start with that locker room. Ooff.

GMQiY88WcAAJR7H?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Not sure that’s an exaggeration. If my girlfriend was a billionaire, I’m not sure how many more NFL hits I would want to take. Although she is a little finicky. 

It’s only his gf and she has a new bf every album so he doesn’t get sht when she dumps him. 

And how the fck do they have any cap space to sign him with Mahomes salary. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Always wondered that. How does a bird wipe its nose when it doesn't even have one? To be honest, not even sure birds are real. If you think about it. 

It doesn't matter, they all must be mRNA'd

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

if your Girlfriend is Taylor Swift you better keep working. she changes boyfriends more than some people change there underwear. she will drop Kelce soon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

Nice player, but he’s no Brock Bowers. 

Too bad  Travis Kielce is on downsize of his career.   What a career,  but football is not his his love anymore.    When you have that mind set as an athlete you should walk away.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Too bad  Travis Kielce is on downsize of his career.   What a career,  but football is not his his love anymore.    When you have that mind set as an athlete you should walk away.   

He’s no Michael Mayer 

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

if your Girlfriend is Taylor Swift you better keep working. she changes boyfriends more than some people change there underwear. she will drop Kelce soon.

You really believe they are a couple.  he’s getting paid to play that role .  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re my favorite poster. I mean that sincerely. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He’s no Michael Mayer 

HE’s not .   Michael Mayer is a complete Te.  Can block, and catch with the best of them.   B bowers isn’t a traditional Te either.  t Kelsey can’t block .    Was very dangerous once in the passing game.  ( his career stats speak for themselves- hall of famer ) .     Michael Mayer going to have monster 2024 season.  ( Luke Getsy loves utilizing the Te)  Always could catch just had to get his blocking up to NFL level.    By season end was pretty good , and now with whole offseason I expect him to be even better in that area. 

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

HE’s not .   Michael Mayer is a complete Te.  Can block, and catch with the best of them.   B bowers isn’t a traditional Te either.  t Kelsey can’t block .    Was very dangerous once in the passing game.  

Def Mayer > Kelsey [sic]