Shefter: NFL Schedule release on the 15th

Gimme a team like Tennessee on the road to kick off the season. Maybe something like the Colts at home. Let’s slow roll this one instead of kicking off with 5 primetime games in a row 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please give the Jets a little break on the start of the season. I love night games but won't be upset if they are on the road week one for an easier game.  :)

You know it'll be the max number of prime time games and then whatever else they can sneak in (like the Black Friday game).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You know it'll be the max number of prime time games and then whatever else they can sneak in (like the Black Friday game).

I don’t think that’s going to happen again this year. The Rodgers sequel won’t be as eagerly anticipated as the original was.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Woody will want us to be the London team instead of Jax.

I’m pretty content to let the other team burn one of their home games in London. Jets already have more road than home games this year. 

• Upvote 2

I said to myself when we knew our opponents that my road trips would be Jax or Tennessee. I also thought with my luck one will be in London and the other a Thursday night. Would not be shocked on the London one.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m pretty content to let the other team burn one of their home games in London. Jets already have more road than home games this year. 

I wonder how long until an east coast team (maybe Jax) is going to have to play in London one week and then in California the next week.

Or maybe MNF in London followed by a Thursday night game in California.  Lol

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Schrager “guessing” Dolphins at Jets week one. 

That was my guess too.  The nfl should put that on national tv b/c rodgers may not play much this year.  Market it as a redemptive game for AR

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

My prediction is week 1 at home MNF vs Miami or Buffalo.  I’m not sure if the NFL is planning to have two MNF games or not for week 1 but there will be a Friday night game at least.  

This would piss me off. Jets opened on MNF last year. Let some other team wait it out this year. I want a good, old fashioned 1pm Sunday game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Baltmore Orioles moved there Sunday game to a day game.

Sounds like Baltmore will open SNF.

Other rumor is Washington playing Gmen in Washington. 

Which means we are probably home week 1?

I can see the Ravens, but come on… Why would the two worst teams in the NFCE get the first SNF matchup? Daniels? Not happening.

35 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I can see the Ravens, but come on… Why would the two worst teams in the NFCE get the first SNF matchup? Daniels? Not happening.

Ravens will be SNF that why they moved the baseball game to 12:30. There is no other reason to move it.

No nyg vs commanders game is 1 oclock in Washington. Neither of those teams will see a Sunday game. 

We will probably be home week 1 with Gmen out of town.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds logical. It’s probably going to be in Miami though… I think we’ve opened at home the previous two seasons?

If it happens we’ll probably end the year playing Buffalo. Hopefully at home.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Sounds logical. It’s probably going to be in Miami though… I think we’ve opened at home the previous two seasons?

If it happens we’ll probably end the year playing Buffalo. Hopefully at home.

Dolphins possible I think they may want to save that one for prime time? 

Maybe New england? 

10 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Dolphins possible I think they may want to save that one for prime time? 

Maybe New england? 

I was thinking week 1 prime time in Miami.

If that shraeger report is incorrect though, I agree, NE at 1pm.

I can't see the league giving up the opportunity to put Rodgers's return in front of a national audience in a night game. Too many people will be curious to see how he plays and whether he can survive the game. MIA is a very likely opponent. Two potential playoff teams will make for a good game and leaves one team chasing the other in the division. 

• Upvote 2

I just noticed the Eagles are playing their 1st regular season game on Friday in Brazil against an as of now undetermined opponent… available only on Peacock.

I got Peacock for $2.99 a month back when Miami played the Chiefs in the playoffs. No idea if I’m still paying for it. 🙄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not good if true.

SNF at home vs Zach Wilson / Bo Callahan would be ideal.

Easy 1-0 start.

Playing in Miami is always fraught with potential disaster due to the South Beach factor plus the September heat would be miserable and a clear advantage to the home team.

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I just noticed the Eagles are playing their 1st regular season game on Friday in Brazil against an as of now undetermined opponent… available only on Peacock.

I got Peacock for $2.99 a month back when Miami played the Chiefs in the playoffs. No idea if I’m still paying for it. 🙄

I have an annual subscription to watch EPL.

It’s easily worth it.

For those with little kids or nostalgia for the JYD or Hacksaw Jim Duggan, etc. it also carries every WWE event including archives, I think.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I have an annual subscription to watch EPL.

It’s easily worth it.

For those with little kids or nostalgia for the JYD or Hacksaw Jim Duggan, etc. it also carries every WWE event including archives, I think.

It’s good if you watch golf also. I haven’t been, but I always see the promos.

20 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Not good if true.

SNF at home vs Zach Wilson / Bo Callahan would be ideal.

Easy 1-0 start.

If the NFL reasonably believed ZW would start the season, the Jets would be playing DEN for game one just like 2021 against Darnold. Rodgers versus ZW would be such a juicy narrative. The game would probably be in DEN which would be a nightmare for the Jets given the injury history there over the past two games there. Winning the game may come at the expense of losing somebody important for the season.