Shefter: NFL Schedule release on the 15th

Packers vs Eagles Friday September 6th?  Why is the NFL doing this so stupid.

Also the Ravens vs Chiefs game has been listed on DraftKings for over a week surprised the leak did not come out sooner.

IMG_1467.png

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Also the Ravens vs Chiefs game has been listed on DraftKings for over a week surprised the leak did not come out sooner.

IMG_1467.png

The Friday night game is in Brazil. Looking forward to Texans-Bengals in Kuala Lumpur in 2028 🔥🔥

20 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

IMG_1467.png

Eagles -118. Lock it in.

On 5/13/2024 at 4:09 PM, Larz said:

I always look for a few things when the schedule comes out 

go to Miami as late as possible, September games there are brutal 

go to Buffalo as early as possible.  Blizzard games are their specialty 

bye week after the midpoint but not too late 

rather finish at home than start at home 

no Thursday night games on the road  

net rest advantage  it’s such a shame about Rodgers last year, the NFL tee’d up the jets with a significant net rest advantage 

Going to Miami as late as possible +

Going to Buffalo late -

that’s a wash  

Late bye week I think thanksgiving week, major plus 

starting and ending on the road , big -

At home all of November + 

that’s a wash  

No Thursday night games on the road, +

wont see the net rest results for a few days 

2 seed, home playoff games 

IMG_9159.jpeg

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Going to Buffalo late -

that’s a wash  

that’s a wash  

IMG_9159.png

Sounds like the only correction to this is Week 14 and 18 are flip flopped. Miami is coming to MetLife in January.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Sounds like the only correction to this is Week 14 and 18 are flip flopped. Miami is coming to MetLife in January.

Oh nice !   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

if this is correct 7 out of the first 11 games will be on when no other game is going on.  that is crazy.

I'm mostly out of market for the season, so I'm going to cancel my Sunday Ticket subscription and then buy it midseason for a discount.

• Upvote 1

According to a Bleacher Report article which was apparently verified by the NY Post, the schedule that has been posted on this web site is mostly correct. The only difference is indeed where we will be playing Miami week 14 & 18. They are reversed , so we end the season playing them at home that Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

Going to Buffalo late -

that’s a wash  

that’s a wash  

IMG_9159.jpeg

If you look past all the prime time game times, the schedule isn’t bad.  Even if they lose to SF, unless they fall on their face they should win at least 3 of their first 5 games.  Bills at home mnf the jets can win that.  They also play the Texans at home.  And if they need the last game, home vs phins is good too.  Not bad at all actually.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If you look past all the prime time game times, the schedule isn’t bad.  Even if they lose to SF, unless they fall on their face they should win at least 3 of their first 5 games.  Bills at home mnf the jets can win that.  They also play the Texans at home.  And if they need the last game, home vs phins is good too.  Not bad at all actually.  

Agree, not the way I would have drawn it up but things balance out. Have to capitalize on colts at home, bye week, Seahawks at home.  

36 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

According to a Bleacher Report article which was apparently verified by the NY Post, the schedule that has been posted on this web site is mostly correct. The only difference is indeed where we will be playing Miami week 14 & 18. They are reversed , so we end the season playing them at home that Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

59 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Assuming we are still alive come week 18, that's a significant improvement. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Agree, not the way I would have drawn it up but things balance out. Have to capitalize on colts at home, bye week, Seahawks at home.  

It’s a schedule they finally have to start dominating at home.  Those early first 2 games you have to win, pats and broncos.  Then the bills game is obviously huge.  But also, Texans, colts, Seahawks and rams - these are all legit wins.  You can’t go 4-4 or 5-3 in these home games.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Roger, you don't need to turn EVERYTHING into a production.... so stupid. 

They have a 24/7 network that needs content.  

All these extravaganzas are just tv shows for them. 

15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea that's a huge change. Fins in NJ in January will be fun.

You should still take your victory lap. Well done on the scoop. 

Just now, slats said:

You should still take your victory lap. Well done on the scoop. 

*until we learn later tonight that this schedule was created simply to find the Jets’ mole! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Going to Buffalo late -

that’s a wash  

that’s a wash  

IMG_9159.jpeg

The bye (according to this schedule) is actually the week before Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is late (11/28) this year.  I'm glad because I like to watch the post-Thanksgiving Sunday game with the last of the leftovers.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

if this is correct 7 out of the first 11 games will be on when no other game is going on.  that is crazy.

So freaking ridiculous.  MNF, SNF, TNF, London.  We have 3 games on Sunday 1PM in the first 11 weeks. 

I'll tell you one thing.  If something happens and the Jets stink again this year, I'll get enjoyment that the NFL will have to deal with the Jets being on prime time so much (just like last year).  Last year they stuck us on Hard Knocks too.  How about leave us the F alone and treat us like a normal team.  I want to enjoy football Sundays. 

Instead, we get 3 weeks in a row of 9:30AM Sunday, 8:15PM Monday, 8:20PM Sunday.  WTF is this sh-t?!

image.png.9d444aa78cf1de994571af4ca8bdf8a2.png

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's difficult to predict SoS.  e.g. Who thought CJ Stroud would emerge like he did last year?

I agree. That being said most have us as a middle of the pack team... when IMO we have atop 5 roster in the whole NFL.

I just cant see Maye being good in NE and even is Brissett starts early over him. They have very little around him. Tenn doesn't scare me at all. MIN is the only one early that could be harder than we think if McCarthy is good. He has a lot of pieces around him to really help him succeed. DEN obviously doesn't scare me either with either our buddy Zach or Nix starting.

IMO if we in some way can go on the road and beat SF (which is a very hard task)... IMO we very easily can start 5-0. But we "should" be a 4-1 team after 5 weeks with this roster at worst.

Furthermore the next harder game in BUF. Who lost a good amount. And roster isnt as good as it was a year ago IMO. Then we have Pitt which could be tough bc Wilson wasn't as bad last year as some think. So this IMO is a harder game potentially than BUF. And then we have NE again, who should be easy.

So playing HOU week 9... I think we vert realistically can be 6-2