Jets at SF on MNF Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s frustrating.

First excitement with a QB for the Jets since Favre.

2 years in a row can’t sit down with my son and enjoy the game, and never did he even get to see Rodgers one play.

**** you and the other guys.  All one wants to do is share their passions with their children.  This greedy pos league only gives a **** about $$$$$$$$$$!

You all thinking this is great Wednesday games, every Xmas, and any other ******* holiday they can take over it’s ******* stupid greed.

This is Adios **** YOU!

Bro… if you’re this triggered over a week 1 game seek help. Honestly 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Here we go again..

Wonderful.

1. Jets have a propensity to embarrass themselves to the sublime when they play in front of a national audience.

2. Going out to the west coast is always a major disadvantage. 

3. San Francisco is one of the worst match-ups to open the season for any team.

Conclusion: Bad luck, bad karma or sabotage ???

However... An ass kicking early means little.  I'm sticking with my original prediction for the 2024 season.

If Rodgers does not miss any significant time AND is healthy at the end of the season, the Jets will not only be in the playoffs, they will be hosting a home playoff game for the first time since... well, I cant remember.

If Rodgers goes down again. Tyrod will do a good job of it, but I don't see them overcoming the same disaster twice.  Tyrod will prevent a total collapse, but playoffs are out unless they back into them.  JD and Saleh are gone.  

Is this team is anything like the bs we have been shovelled, this is just a game against a good team. There is no reason why this should not be a competitive matchup with a 50/50 chance to win. It will come down to coaching.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Is this team is anything like the bs we have been shovelled, this is just a game against a good team. There is no reason why this should not be a competitive matchup with a 50/50 chance to win. It will come down to coaching.

Oh No Fire GIF

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Better to play them week 1.  You can already envision the O-game plan designed to protect Rodgers.  Understandably limited to quick short passes and the run game. 
If all here were to choose in advance the most difficult opener…it would be unanimous.  Niners - in Sanfran 

The Jets O-game plan. 🤣🤣🤣 Good one, bud. 

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If it comes down to coaching, it's not a 50/50 matchup. More like 90/10.

• Upvote 2

On the one hand, I like a road opener against a non-conference team.  But I hate another Monday Night opener.  Would have preferred it was a Sunday game so we did not have to travel back cross country on a short week,.  But every team will have to deal with something similar at some point during the season.

Bring on the Niners!!!

• Upvote 2

I don’t mind this at all. Gives them all offseason to prep and game plan for one of their toughest opponents. Also gives them plenty of rest not having to travel west after a game. They will prob be out there plenty in advance well rested and adjusted. 

Plus im the gimme Arizona types in December and the tougher opponents up front. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The counterargument is that you'd rather play one of the best teams on your schedule in week 1, when wacky things happen and teams haven't hit their stride yet. It's probably better to play a team like SF in September than it is in December, all things considered. 

Regardless, we should all go in expecting a loss and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

Agree on all counts.  I would not expect a win, but it would not surprise me.  The Jets were a QB away from winning 4 more games last year.  The defense is fully intact and perhaps better with Reddick who is better than Huff and Kinlaw who although has been panned by a lot of us is equipped to excel in Saleh's system.

It all comes down to rodgers, Rodgers, RODGERS... The rest is academic.  

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The counterargument is that you'd rather play one of the best teams on your schedule in week 1, when wacky things happen and teams haven't hit their stride yet. It's probably better to play a team like SF in September than it is in December, all things considered. 

Regardless, we should all go in expecting a loss and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

This is pretty much where I am at.  Weird stuff happens week 1, better to have a road game against a good opponent and you never know what may happen.  Added bonus that it is a non-conference game.  I just wish it was on a Sunday and not a Monday night.

• Upvote 4

Its better to play SF before they have their sh*t together, but we also wont have sh*t together. The defense has been together for years, so should be an ok game. Also, Deebo, Auyuk, Mcaffrey will all probably be healthy so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Its better to play SF before they have their sh*t together, but we also wont have sh*t together. The defense has been together for years, so should be an ok game. Also, Deebo, Auyuk, Mcaffrey will all probably be healthy so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

Since the jets offense will really be the difference either way, i guess it’s better they have no film on rodgers here, there’s a brand new OL and also 2 key rookies on the jets in allen and Corley.  

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

The amount of times “SB preview” has been used in this thread is astounding 

We’ll go from SB Preview to Tankathon thread within six days.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

SF lit the world on fire their first few games last season. Don’t know where this “before they hit their stride” thing is coming from. 

They’ll receive the opening kickoff and march right down the field for a TD against our vaunted, asleep defense.

• Thumb Down 1