1st ever Jets game..

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

all depends on where your seats were. I am on the 31 yard line row16, 11 from the field.  Stadium looks great from that angle.  LOL.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ed2eeb9fdb9a3c26e0fd63df8b8dd8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac4ace2969beb7dd55554f026969f7bc.jpeg

those are great seats. how many years did it take to get that close?

i dont know anything about season tickets but i was to believe that you start in like the nose bleeds and every year if someone gives up better seats you can move up? 

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

all depends on where your seats were. I am on the 31 yard line row16, 11 from the field.  Stadium looks great from that angle.  LOL.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ed2eeb9fdb9a3c26e0fd63df8b8dd8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac4ace2969beb7dd55554f026969f7bc.jpeg

My issue is trying to walk around around the stadium from your seats. It's like a godamn maze.

Live games are incredible. So far they haven't had one in TurdLife. I'm sure the OP will be thrilled to see a game in a real stadium 👍If anything it will save him the money of flying here to see game in the Great Air Conditioner!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Exactly. Just like you wanted to piss on our british friend's excitement here.   Works both ways, don't it?

Really... no one cares that you don't/won't attend live games and more so, no one cares why.  Just like you don't care where I sit.

I still don't get your motive for pissing in the thread. Maybe you are that self-unaware for what that was.  Leave it at that.

And for what it's worth, I'm going to England to see a LIVE game 👍 Live football is great for a game or two a year (my opinion) It's even better when the stadium doesn't blow donkey balls like MetLife. I couldn't be more excited to see the Jets play live in England this year 😊👍

Season tickets holder from 1986 to 2013.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

British fan posts his excitement about his 1st ever live game.

you: Live games suck and here are my reasons for never going again

Thanks for your contribution here. So helpful.

3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Again, that was 25 yrs ago, the fan experience was a lot different back then and you got a little more bang for your buck.

That Game was in Miami.... and after Marcus Coleman took Marino 99 yards for a Pick 6, I got REALLY loud... and the Dolphins fans got mad, so one of them told a LEO that I punched somebody to get me thrown out. NO, I didn't get in a fight that game (Well, in the stands), and the guys just told me I had to leave and weren't going to charge me with some BS Battery that never happened.... so I missed the last bit of the game. Miami is the WORST place to watch the Jets, its a Zoo, especially on PT games. Contrast that with a combined/mixed Jets and Chargers fan tailgate I went to this past season. Everyone was normal and cool. But yeah, the stadium was bad. I bought Tix in a package deal and was way up in the high 300's, worst seats I have ever had in any stadium. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That Game was in Miami.... and after Marcus Coleman took Marino 99 yards for a Pick 6, I got REALLY loud... and the Dolphins fans got mad, so one of them told a LEO that I punched somebody to get me thrown out. NO, I didn't get in a fight that game (Well, in the stands), and the guys just told me I had to leave and weren't going to charge me with some BS Battery that never happened.... so I missed the last bit of the game. Miami is the WORST place to watch the Jets, its a Zoo, especially on PT games. Contrast that with a combined/mixed Jets and Chargers fan tailgate I went to this past season. Everyone was normal and cool. But yeah, the stadium was bad. I bought Tix in a package deal and was way up in the high 300's, worst seats I have ever had in any stadium. 

Spot on.

I've seen 4 or 5 Jets games there and it's always been dicey.

I did see Brett Favre fake a hand-off and hit Jericho Cotchery on a play-action bomb, for like 60 yds, probably my most memorable Miami/Jets live game experience.

6 hours ago, English Jet said:

Got my tickets for Jets Vikings.. so excited, first ever NFL game and its watching the Jets 8-)

Hope everyone from the UK who wanted a ticket got one.. oh and our American friends as well haha ;)

Aaaanyway, hope you enjoy the game.  Going to Jet games is a great joy to many of us.  Despite the toxicity spewed by a select number of jagoffs around here who can't help themselves, it's a fun time, and hopefully we'll have some more thrills this year than usual.  The novelty of going to a game at Tottenham is going to be awesome too.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Careful @The Crusher you might get chastised for not having a meaningful, positive response to the OP's thread. 😆😆😆

I've been to 17 games at home and away games over 50 years and they are 3-14 when my fat ass was there. I was there last 9-11 and we all know what happen, sadly that's one of the 3 wins. Pretty sure it's me at this point!  so yes, pain!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I've been to 17 games at home and away games over 50 years and they are 3-14 when my fat ass was there. I was there last 9-11 and we all know what happen, sadly that's one of the 3 wins. Pretty sure it's me at this point!  so yes, pain!!

I can tell you that the Jets have a less than .500 winning percentage in the games I've attended, so yeah, I'm right there with you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

As lousy as Woody has been, at least he tried to get the Jets out of the Swamp and back to NY. Old Man Hess didn't care for the bathrooms at Shea and the next thing you know the NEW YORK JETS are playing in Jersey. Awful.

In his defense, the bathrooms at Shea were vile.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alka said:

While I agree with you, there are some games that end up being better if you are actually at the game.

Of course, you must have primo seats to even make that statement.  My family had season tickets on the 40 yard line, 12 rows from the field.  

I was at a Jets/ Miami game when the Jets beat Dan Marino 51-45 in overtime, with Wesley Walker catching a bomb and running into the end zone for the win.  That game was exhilarating to actually witness it in person.

Yes! I was lucky enough to be a that one too! What a gas!

• Upvote 1

Also at Shea Sept 10,1969 when the Mets took a twi-nighter from the Expos to go into First Place for good on their epic run. The stands were actually shaking. #1 fan moment ever.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are dead to me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Careful @The Crusher you might get chastised for not having a meaningful, positive response to the OP's thread. 😆😆😆

Your doing all this to defend being a d*ck in the 1st place makes it so much better.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Also at Shea Sept 10,1969 when the Mets took a twi-nighter from the Expos to go into First Place for good on their epic run. The stands were actually shaking. #1 fan moment ever.

Bills/Jets wildcard game at Shea. I was in the Loge seats outside where the right field foul pole would be. Jets coming back from a massive deficit. Final drive heading straight for right field end zone.  The entire Loge corner was bouncing up and down. Thought the thing would just break and fall to the field level. Never experienced anything like it other than in an amusement park.

Jets-Chiefs 69 playoff game.  Standing room section at Shea.  Snuck in using my Harry M. Stevens vendor card.  Back in those days you were able to work 10 hours in freezing conditions for a major corporation when you were underage.  

Tough game, tough conditions, heart breaking loss.

First live game what struck me as odd was once in a while the players would just stop playing...offense and defense out on the field, hands on hips, just milling about, chatting it up with players from the other team for a few minutes.

TV time-outs are strange when at the game!

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Spot on.

I've seen 4 or 5 Jets games there and it's always been dicey.

I did see Brett Favre fake a hand-off and hit Jericho Cotchery on a play-action bomb, for like 60 yds, probably my most memorable Miami/Jets live game experience.

I was at that game as well.  I actually forgot, thanks for reminding me. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for everyone's contribution, one thing id like to point out. It's not British, or UK... its England which is where I'm from haha 

Also I've been to many football games, season ticket at millwall for over 2 decades, I'm sure you won't have seen anything like being at a Millwall game. Be happy, don't ever have a go at other people's opinions whether they want to to see live games :-D

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

My first ever Jets game was a rainy day around Shea 12/8/68.
The Jets beat the Bengals 27-14 and my neighbor who had season tickets had an extra. I was 16 yo then and was sitting about 3/4 of the way up in the upper deck at Shea section 1 which would have been behind home plate in the baseball figuration. Got my own Season Tickets in 1973 after graduating from College. Still have them now in 314 but they are used mainly by my kids. I go to at least 2 games a year but this year hope to make them all. Seems that I say that every year around this time but at my age its becoming easier for my wife to convince me to stay home with her instead of fighting the elements and traffic to get nauseous watching the product on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Your doing all this to defend being a d*ck in the 1st place makes it so much better.

Dial 1-800-WAAAAAAAAAAAA and tell someone who gives a sh*t what you think.

Off to IGNORE you go.

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Dial 1-800-WAAAAAAAAAAAA and tell someone who gives a sh*t what you think.

Off to IGNORE you go.

Just say: "oops my bad", instead of all your fake drama.   Cya. 

"I'm so excited to go to my first Jets game"
AssRod: "Live games suck and here are the reasons why"

douche

• Haha 2

On 6/20/2024 at 10:25 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was at Dan Marinos last home game ever, back in December of 1999 when the Ray Lucas led Jets beat the Dolphins. That was a great game and a great time. 

On the other side of the coin, I was at the fake spike game against the Dolphins.  Believe it or not, I called the fake spike before it happened.  Jets were winning the game, and then the air went out of the stadium, and the Jets of course lost that game.

1 minute ago, Alka said:

On the other side of the coin, I was at the fake spike game against the Dolphins.  Believe it or not, I called the fake spike before it happened.  Jets were winning the game, and then the air went out of the stadium, and the Jets of course lost that game.

I was at that game. Total kick in the balls.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2024 at 10:28 AM, ARodJetsFan said:

I remember back in 2011 (mid-November) paying around $500.00 for a seat mid-field, about 9 rows behind the Jets bench, at Metlife Stadium when the Jets were taking on the Patriots - the Jets were 4-0 at home up to that point.

The train ride in sucked and while the seats were great, as far as the view that I had, the Jets played like absolute garbage & got shellacked 37-16, which was their 1st home loss of the season.

That was the first & last time, I made the trip out to MetLife Stadium, what a miserable experience, which wound costing me about $750.00 altogether - that would be a little over $1,049.00 today.

Thanks, but no thanks.

That was a great story!!!!

On 6/20/2024 at 3:28 PM, shevys said:

In his defense, the bathrooms at Shea were vile.

I was at the final game at Shea, guys were peeing in the sinks and in the garbage cans.  The floor was a river of pee.  After a beatdown by the Steelers in his last home game as a Jet, Richard Todd was bombarded with fruit, beer and soda  etc.as he left the field in the opening behind home plate. Good times.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:00 PM, English Jet said:

Thanks for everyone's contribution, one thing id like to point out. It's not British, or UK... its England which is where I'm from haha 

Also I've been to many football games, season ticket at millwall for over 2 decades, I'm sure you won't have seen anything like being at a Millwall game. Be happy, don't ever have a go at other people's opinions whether they want to to see live games :-D

Mental Millwall!!  

5 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I was at the final game at Shea, guys were peeing in the sinks and in the garbage cans.  The floor was a river of pee.  After a beatdown by the Steelers in his last home game as a Jet, Richard Todd was bombarded with fruit, beer and soda  etc.as he left the field in the opening behind home plate. Good times.

Yep, I was there too. Terry Bradshaw's first game of the season after injury and they destroyed us. Good times...

• Upvote 1

Memory is vague on this, but back in 1960 against the LA chargers.

my father took me to the polo grounds. Of course the Titans lost but that did not deter me from a lifelong relationship with this team.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:27 PM, English Jet said:

Got my tickets for Jets Vikings.. so excited, first ever NFL game and its watching the Jets 8-)

Hope everyone from the UK who wanted a ticket got one.. oh and our American friends as well haha ;)

Didn't get tix online.  Will likely be looking at spending around $3,000 between game tix and hotel if I decide to go.  

Me spending that kind of cash on a game would virtually guarantee a Vikings win.

• Haha 1