Random Rant; Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell Blasts Adam Gase

LeVeon-Bell.jpg

Le’Veon Bell just made more noise with a single tweet than he ever did on the field in his short time with the Jets.

Bell, one of the top running backs in the NFL as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, signed with the Jets as a free agent prior to the start of the 2019 season.  As a member of the Jets, Bell was  a shell of his former self, averaging just 3.3 yards per carry in two seasons.  And it seems Bell wants people to know that he wasn’t the only problem.

The running back took to twitter today to take some random, but likely accurate shots at former head coach Adam Gase.

“I still randomly think about how PISSED I used to be in the huddle when Adam Gase would call ’21 dive’ on 2nd & 10,” Bell wrote on X. “That’s a HALF BACK DIVE FROM SHOTGUN for the people that doesn’t understand what that fully means … lol.

“LeV I just need you to get 3 for a third and manageable’

Famous for having worked under Peyton Manning in Denver, Gase has failed to find a job since being let go by the Jets after doing his best to steal the title of worst head coach in team history from Rich Kotite.

Le’Veon Bell was obviously cooked from the moment he arrived at 1 Jets Drive, but having Adam Gase running the offense certainly didn’t help matters.

Bell would go on to say that quarterback Sam Darnold’s body language told the rest of the huddle what he though of Gase’s play calls.

Sam would be saying the play out loud just shakin his head in the huddle .. lol

Le’Veon Bell via x

The post Random Rant; Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell Blasts Adam Gase appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I still can’t believe they actually chose to hire Adam Gase.

He's leading football where it's going or some other dopey blathering BS.

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Whatever happened to Adam Gase? Has there ever been an NFL coach to completely disappear like that? Not even a college coordinator job or nothing? 

All I can find is he attended a Broncos practice in August of ‘23 and that he works with Manning on the Manningcast productions, lol.

He got $20M of Woody’s money, guess he didn’t feel like going back to being a position coach?  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All I can find is he attended a Broncos practice in August of ‘23 and that he works with Manning on the Manningcast productions, lol.

He got $20M of Woody’s money, guess he didn’t feel like going back to being a position coach?  

He was informally working with the Raiders last year too

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Adam Gase was the worst hire in the history of the league. 

McCarthy wanted to come here.  Supposedly Woody and his even dumber brother called Mike Francesa for advice and for whatever reason Francesa loved Gase

thanks Fat Man

• More Ugh 1

Rich as F$-#
Or
Rich ass F$$# ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Whatever happened to Adam Gase? Has there ever been an NFL coach to completely disappear like that? Not even a college coordinator job or nothing? 

He's somewhere out there spooning with Mike Mccagnan. 

• Haha 3

Gase went on to coach as an OC at a high school after the Jets where the team sucked just as bad. He's not on that school's website anymore so I'm not sure what's up with him. If he's being seen around pro teams, he must be focused on trying to weasel his way back into the league. 

Gase and Hackett are pretty much the same OC. Think they can outsmart the rest of the league but really it's a HOF QB ignoring them at the line.

Gase got seven wins out of that team. Kinda wonder if that team would have had a better outcome if Darnold had changed the plays in the huddle, but then we might be in year seven of the great Gase dynasty.

• Haha 3

"Adam Gase might have just completed the biggest demotion in the history of NFL coaching.

The former Jets head coach was fired after last season following a 1-15 record in his second year as the head coach in the big apple.

A few months later, and Gase is calling plays for another team, with players of equal skill level."

Ouch 😅😅😅

24 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Gase went on to coach as an OC at a high school after the Jets where the team sucked just as bad. He's not on that school's website anymore so I'm not sure what's up with him. If he's being seen around pro teams, he must be focused on trying to weasel his way back into the league. 

Gase and Hackett are pretty much the same OC. Think they can outsmart the rest of the league but really it's a HOF QB ignoring them at the line.

Gase got seven wins out of that team. Kinda wonder if that team would have had a better outcome if Darnold had changed the plays in the huddle, but then we might be in year seven of the great Gase dynasty.

pretty sure that was just a joke about him getting hired as an OC for Lincoln HS.

15 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This is why I defend JD when people say "look at his record".

This roster and overall organization wasnt bad when he got here - it was in complete shambles.  We didnt have leadership that just "didnt work out".  John Idzik, Mike Mac, and Adam Gase were so terrible at their jobs that they are actually out of the league after leading this organization.  

Mac had a draft record that is beyond belief.  If you picked names out of a hat you would have done better.  After trading Blake Cashman, only four of Maccagnan’s 34 draft picks from 2015-2019 remain with the team.

What a terrible run with those guys....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

This is why I defend JD when people say "look at his record".

This roster and overall organization wasnt bad when he got here - it was in complete shambles.  We didnt have leadership that just "didnt work out".  John Idzik, Mike Mac, and Adam Gase were so terrible at their jobs that they are actually out of the league after leading this organization.  

Mac had a draft record that is beyond belief.  If you picked names out of a hat you would have done better.  After trading Blake Cashman, only four of Maccagnan’s 34 draft picks from 2015-2019 remain with the team.

What a terrible run with those guys....

Far too many Jets fans seem to think a GM should shoot for 9 wins in any given year, which is just nuts to me.  They think if JD had added enough high-end FA's to get 1-2 WC appearances by now, he wouldn't be a failure.

The goal is to win titles, not just be kinda competitive.  It's fairly easy to shoot for 8-9 wins in this league.  What is REALLY difficult to do is get to that 11+ number and win division titles.  That's what JD was shooting for and he knew he needed to take his time getting there. 

Whiffing on some big money FA's (like Carl Lawson, Tomlinson, Lazard, etc) and the Zach pick were awful moves so it became clear he can't be considered among the elite GMs until otherwise noted.  But this constant hate he gets when the process was pretty good is absurd. 

Overall the program is in significantly better shape than when he arrived and if it all comes to fruition this year with a division title and/or deep playoff run, he'll have earned a modest extension.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1