Michael Mayer - Trade Candidate?

TuscanyTile2

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading anyone especially Michael Mayer.   He looks like he going to have monster year in 2024. ( been one of the second most impressive guys this off-season beside Wr Tre Tucker.) it’s a shame he got injured the last four games , as he was becoming a star . ( his blocking was getting real good- blocks top des one on one . Look at tape versus the Raiders he easily handled your JJ. 

They have big plans for both M Mayer and Brock Bowers .    Look at what Cole Kmet - who isn’t as good as either of the Raiders te did in l Getsy offense.   Luke Getsy( offense coordinator) going to really spread opposing defenses out , they are going to run a lot of outside zone . There offenseline built to play in zone scheme - easy get out on second level.     They are going to line both up all over the field .    They line both at Wr  on the same side.    Now defenses puts a Cb on them , they do a run to that side and bury both cbs .  Put a lb or safety they can still bury them , but good luck trying to cover them.      

Opposing defenses are going to have so many problems figuring out what personnel to use to combat what the Raiders can do on offense.   Only thing that can stop this Raider offense is themselves   What I mean being predictable on offense especially first down.     Try to run it majority time is doing the Dc a favor.    Be unpredictable especially on first down , and this offense going to be hard to stop I don’t care what defense you have. 

Don’t forget 2 great kickers!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

So when things get slow, pick a random Raiders player, post a trade rumor here, and sit back and watch Raideraholic tell us why said random player is going to have a monster year completely in contrast to his entire career to this point.  And he'll do it with passion!

They know Mayer is a bust and they just drafted a similar bust

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I was just gonna say. Mayer is the bestest player about to have the bestest year and the Awsom Raiders would never trade this bestest player in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a poster I know haha.

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading anyone especially Michael Mayer.   He looks like he going to have monster year in 2024. ( been one of the second most impressive guys this off-season beside Wr Tre Tucker.) it’s a shame he got injured the last four games , as he was becoming a star . ( his blocking was getting real good- blocks top des one on one . Look at tape versus the Raiders he easily handled your JJ. 

They have big plans for both M Mayer and Brock Bowers .    Look at what Cole Kmet - who isn’t as good as either of the Raiders te did in l Getsy offense.   Luke Getsy( offense coordinator) going to really spread opposing defenses out , they are going to run a lot of outside zone . There offenseline built to play in zone scheme - easy get out on second level.     They are going to line both up all over the field .    They line both at Wr  on the same side.    Now defenses puts a Cb on them , they do a run to that side and bury both cbs .  Put a lb or safety they can still bury them , but good luck trying to cover them.      

Opposing defenses are going to have so many problems figuring out what personnel to use to combat what the Raiders can do on offense.   Only thing that can stop this Raider offense is themselves   What I mean being predictable on offense especially first down.     Try to run it majority time is doing the Dc a favor.    Be unpredictable especially on first down , and this offense going to be hard to stop I don’t care what defense you have. 

aidan o'connel? lmfbo!!!!
raiders are gonna suck sweaty ballsack and like it

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2024 at 9:18 AM, Raideraholic said:

1. Luke Getsy is the other half of the Hackett/Getsy duo that gets credit for Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers.  If you want a good look at how “unpredictable” your offense will look like this year, just go watch some 2023 Jets games.

2. it’s actually insulting to anyone that watches football that you compared these two players:

IMG_8053.thumb.jpeg.06c2557346b9d55f866aed96127096be.jpeg

IMG_8052.thumb.jpeg.68edb5f32661f67780a2cb837fee08db.jpeg

…and walked away saying that the 2nd one, from the Raiders, was better, along with his unproven rookie teammate.

3.  Mayer did stop sh*t when it came to Jermaine Johnson.  He and Quinnen Williams combined for a sack, he deflected a pass, hit the QB a second time, and had 2 solo TFLs.

IMG_7913.jpeg.59ee943a0598d1404abf06dd1645a411.jpeg

I pointed this out to you weeks ago, but your only retort was to tell me that the Jets suck (trust me, we know this) and that our fans can’t talk about anyone because we only won 7 games in 2023, as if your team hasn’t been one of the most embarrassing franchises in the league since the 2002-2003 season, who only won 8 games last year, themselves.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans taking rookie year stats and basing opposing players career outlook on those.

Too funny. 

Nobody is basing sh*t off of that.  Mayer could end up being better than Kmet in the future.  As of today he is not.

I’d expect no better from a “Captain” who jumped ship 40 seconds into his season long assignment.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nobody is basing sh*t off of that.  Mayer could end up being better than Kmet in the future.  As of today he is not.

I’d expect no better from a “Captain” who jumped ship 40 seconds into his season long assignment.

Um, yes they are:

They know Mayer is a bust and they just drafted a similar bust

He had 27 catches and 300 yards, they won't get a 2nd rounder if they trade him.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2024 at 8:46 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

why would the Raiders trade him?

I don't think they will at this time, but I also don't think its realistic for them to go heavy on the 2-TE sets.  Lot's of teams say they'll use more 2-TE sets every offseason and yet no one actually does it.  At least not since the Gronk/Hernandez Patriots.

One of their 2 TEs will become expendable eventually, and it probably isn't going to be Bowers.  Maybe some time in 2025 we'll see the Raiders look to move him, assuming Bowers is the goods.