Why are you guys always so mad at the Jets?

I think our fan base is long in the tooth. What kid is going to jump aboard our train wreck of an operation? Maybe we're just a bunch of grumpy old men who been holding the bag for 50+ years and are starting to fear we might pass on before our JETS get into another Super Bowl. Now get off my lawn!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It very much is. Many of us here have been die hards for many decades now.

It seems you might be. Or you’re just trolling.

I’d wager trolling.

Shhhh don’t tell anyone. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This isnt new.  The jets have had 4 legitimate shots to win the super bowl in almost 30 years.  1998, 1999, 2004 and 2009.

Dont be mad at the jets because your expectations arent realistic.

The good news is, the 2024 jets have the 5th legitimate shot in the last 30 years.

Turn your frown upside down jet fans.

13-4 and a division title if rodgers stays healthy!

Rookie.

• Upvote 1

I'll be a Jets fan no matter what. But that doesn't mean I cant be frustrated at the way we do things. As we all know.

The biggest 2 things that have frustrated me over the last 10-20 years or so are these 2 things.

1. Failure to get difference makers at skill positions early in drafts. This has changed recently with JD in drafting GW, Hall, etc. But we spent nearly 15 years where we never drafted offense pretty much in the 1st besides attempts at a franchise QB. And the 2nd rounders we'd swing on were the wrong guys or we had bad luck. We still went with the motto that defense wins championships while the league was catering to offenses. Luckily we look to finally have opened our eyes to this recently.

2. This one is bigger than the 1st one. But I figured I needed to state that 1st bc I think the lack of offensive skill is what made this happen. Our failure to develop a QB. Geno and Darnold were pretty much never given offensive talent. Geno we tried but he broke his jaw. So obviously there was some bad luck with that. But overall for a long period of time... we were drafting QBs high and throwing them to the wolves with 4th and 5th WRs as our starters. As well as just ok RBs. Its incredibly hard for any QB to succeed with nothing around them. Look at a guy like Purdy. Not great on his own. But given the offensive scheme and the players around him he is and will groom to be a great QB if he isn't already. This is what I hope we will do with Travis over these next 2 years. Develop him behind a HOF QB and a vet QB and continue to build to weapons group over the next couple years. We very well might have a good chunk of that here already in GW, Hall, Corley, Olu, Tipp, AVT. Assuming we resign a few of those guys by that time. But we las have a couple FA and Drafts to build on that. 

• Upvote 1

The anger found here isn’t unique.  Go to any team fan site for any sport and you’ll find the same.  I spend time on a Notre Dame and a Chicago Blackhawk board and it’s not much different. 

It’s what the internet has morphed into.  Too many people spending too much time together turning every message board into the lord of the flies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The very best fans are the ones that stick with a team year after year after year despite awful moves by the owners coaches and gms and terrible results (no playoffs in like 15 years.)

The worst fans are the ones that nod and are happy with the team year after year after year and hold no one to account.

All the fans on this site want the jets to win, we just disagree on the best way to go about.

Jets fans have a right to beef, look at other fan bases like the laughable pats fans who have had all the glory for 20 years and at the first sign of a down turn they flee or boo their team.

Being a fan does not mean being a doormat.

I guess I am one of the worst fans in history.  While I get pissed, I see absolutely no sense in letting something upset you that you have no control over.  If you go to bed worrying about what the Jets did/didn't do, it might be time to reevaluate some priorities in life.  JMO.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I guess I am one of the worst fans in history.  While I get pissed, I see absolutely no sense in letting something upset you that you have no control over.  If you go to bed worrying about what the Jets did/didn't do, it might be time to reevaluate some priorities in life.  JMO.

Agreed, as long as I don’t go to bed hungry, I’m good. 

• Upvote 1

The Jets are not bad! Stop letting the mocking bird main stream media propaganda alter your preception. The Jets are the best and you should love them and be happy! Put the tinfoil hat down! Stop with the conspiracy theories and embrace the great success!

fposter,small,wall_texture,square_produc

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The very best fans are the ones that stick with a team year after year after year despite awful moves by the owners coaches and gms and terrible results (no playoffs in like 15 years.)

The worst fans are the ones that nod and are happy with the team year after year after year and hold no one to account.

All the fans on this site want the jets to win, we just disagree on the best way to go about.

Jets fans have a right to beef, look at other fan bases like the laughable pats fans who have had all the glory for 20 years and at the first sign of a down turn they flee or boo their team.

Being a fan does not mean being a doormat.

This guy gets it.

11 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

I think our fan base is long in the tooth. What kid is going to jump aboard our train wreck of an operation? Maybe we're just a bunch of grumpy old men who been holding the bag for 50+ years and are starting to fear we might pass on before our JETS get into another Super Bowl. Now get off my lawn!! 

There are plenty Gen Zers that like the Jets. Most don't post here.

Boomers don't know how to post on Social Media without asking someone to help.

Gen Xers prefer this forums than cess pool of Social Media.

Millennials Post here because they got there butt kicked on Twitter, and would rather endure the ill-temperament of Boomers than the excrement-storm twitter can unleash on them.

• Haha 1

If you were born & raised in New York, you're always looking for something to complain about, it comes with the territory.

The Jets haven't sniffed the playoff's since the 2010 season.

Do the math.

Now I'll go ahead & state the obvious.

I think that most (if not all) Jets fans do like the Jets - that's why we're fans in the first place.

I think the Jets poor performance, over the last 14 seasons and having not been to a superbowl in over 50 years, is what most fans probably aren't happy with.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What team was supposed to be actually good in those years?  The Sanchez team, Geno, Fitzy, Darnold, Zach?

Those teams with those qbs were dead in the water from day 1.

If you expected those teams to be good, thats on you.  We show up to a gunfight ever week w/ a knife.

We are now showing up w/ a submachine gun.  Its ok to believe boys.  

Find comfort in the bosom of Joe Douglas.

This is insanely rich coming from a guy who has posts all over this board claiming Zach to be our savior from 2021-2023, and saying the rest of us have the "Jets fans are the best". 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Are most people really doing that? I think most come here, have their little catharsis by posting, and then move on to something else in their lives.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The anger found here isn’t unique.  Go to any team fan site for any sport and you’ll find the same.  I spend time on a Notre Dame and a Chicago Blackhawk board and it’s not much different. 

It’s what the internet has morphed into.  Too many people spending too much time together turning every message board into the lord of the flies. 

I thought that’s what Internet forums were for.

If you enjoy people being angry insulting and over aggressive for no real good reason you should play a game with the mafia crew here sometime. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I thought that’s what Internet forums were for.

If you enjoy people being angry insulting and over aggressive for no real good reason you should play a game with the mafia crew here sometime. 

There it is, the real reason Nolder started a rare thread on the football forum:  Recruitment.  😅

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nolder said:

I thought this was a fan forum for people who like the Jets I’m confused.

I love the Jets, but do I have to love every stupid decision that the Jets make?  I mean, the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 14 years.  Am I not allowed to criticize?  Jets fans are not robots, just to let you know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Because we have the right to bitch, complain and be critical over a franchise that’s been the laughing stock of the league for decades. That’s why

The Jets don’t deserve fans as loyal as us when you think about it.

Yep.  The players and coaches change.  We don't, and are stuck with the franchise thru every regime change.  We're all just a bunch of angry old men at this point.

And no, changing teams really isn't an option for nearly all of us.  I can't just quit and become a Giants or Steelers fan.  Gross.  I'd stop watching the NFL altogether rather than stop being a Jets fan.  So we're stuck.

• Upvote 1