Chad Pennington isn't on the Jets anymore

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

2002 was the biggest tease ever. 

young QB finishes his first year starting (didn’t start until the 5th game) with: 68.9 completion %, 22 TDs, 6 Ints, 7.8 Yards/attempt 

franchise QB, right?

nah 

Was going to be better than Brady!

• Upvote 2

Chad was a good QB. And proved it after the Jets got rid of him for Favre. He had a good year I think he was actually second in MVP voting that season. But he didn't have a big arm some of our wonderful fans called him noodle arm. But he could run an NFL offense smartly. But Jets fans always wanted a big arm as franchise QB. So when they drafted Zach Jets fans got what they always wished for. Except for one thing. Zach wasn't as good a player as Chad was. He couldn't effectively and consistently run an offense and Chad could even though he had a noodle arm. 
More Zack?

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Was the next joe montana until that fateful day in buffalo in 2004.  Fell on that shoulder awkwardly, tore his rotator cuff and his arm was never the same.  

We started that year 6-1.  We were the best team in the nfl and he was going to lead us to a Super Bowl that year. 

Heck we were a Herm Edwards brain fart from being in the AFC Championship game even though he only had one arm.

This is the one that hurts.  That 2004 season it was ours.

It just wasnt meant to be.

We were never going to beat the Patriots in the next game. They manhandled PITT.   But yes... no one was more pissed than me how Herm fukked that game up.   The pick 6 to end the 1st half had me screaming in my #12 jersey in a bar in Atlanta.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Chad Pennington was the best QB the Jets have had since Joe Namath.

SAD truths...........   BTW, I had a hole in 1 at Sedgefield CC in Greensboro, where they play the Wyndham. Hole 16, 133 yards, 9 iron.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Was the next joe montana until that fateful day in buffalo in 2004.  Fell on that shoulder awkwardly, tore his rotator cuff and his arm was never the same.  

We started that year 6-1.  We were the best team in the nfl and he was going to lead us to a Super Bowl that year. 

Heck we were a Herm Edwards brain fart from being in the AFC Championship game even though he only had one arm.

This is the one that hurts.  That 2004 season it was ours.

It just wasnt meant to be.

Takeo Spikes slammed him brutally on that shoulder with viscous intent. 

As good, pre-injury, and in his own way, as O'Brien was.

Which makes him the best QB in Jets history (along with O'Brien) not named Joe Namath.

Namath, O'Brien, Pennington, Testaverde.  The only four Jets QB's names worth mentioning as of now, really.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As good, pre-injury, and in his own way, as O'Brien was.

Which makes him the best QB in Jets history (along with O'Brien) not named Joe Namath.

Namath, O'Brien, Pennington, Testaverde.  The only four Jets QB's names worth mentioning as of now, really.

The Mt. Rushmore of QB's.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Naaa, but we don't get to pick them my friend.  We can only hope for the best.

O'Brien had 2 good years.

Vinny had one good year.

Pennington had a few decent years.

Namath was the QB of the SB team.

That's some resume 😔

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Chad was a good QB. And proved it after the Jets got rid of him for Favre. He had a good year I think he was actually second in MVP voting that season. But he didn't have a big arm some of our wonderful fans called him noodle arm. But he could run an NFL offense smartly. But Jets fans always wanted a big arm as franchise QB. So when they drafted Zach Jets fans got what they always wished for. Except for one thing. Zach wasn't as good a player as Chad was. He couldn't effectively and consistently run an offense and Chad could even though he had a noodle arm. 

imo chaddy was better than good.  he demonstrated all of the attributes a qb should have except for a big arm.  and even there, his arm was plenty big before he got injured.  and i did think at the time he was a better qb than brady.  in all honesty, he probably was.  imo brady became brady only after a few seasons.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

2002 was the biggest tease ever. 

young QB finishes his first year starting (didn’t start until the 5th game) with: 68.9 completion %, 22 TDs, 6 Ints, 7.8 Yards/attempt 

franchise QB, right?

nah 

every year he was healthy (including with the fins) his team made the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

The man could throw the ball before the receiver even made his break.  His ability to read the defense was off the charts.   So good in fact that it allowed him to soft toss  passes to a spot and still beat the defender.   When he got hurt the soft toss became lobs that even when completed would get his receivers destroyed.   Another notch in our never ending belt of QB despair…

• Upvote 2