***OFFICIAL JETS V PANTHERS PRESEASON GAME THREAD***

53 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Calling it now: will mcdonald will be the best pass rusher the jets have had since John Abraham 

A little late dude. Flags were staked on this gut over a year ago!

I think what we saw last night was possibly an indication that Saleh values shared practices over PS games as far as getting starters ready. 

In a shared practice the QB gets the red jersey and ball carriers don’t get “popped “ but the line play is pretty close to normal. The coaches coordinate the play calls between the two teams to see specific players in specific situations. 

Canales seemed to agree. 

Both coaches just wanted the game to be over ASAP. little deep passing. Lots of runs and screens to keep the clock moving. 

next week will be different. Daboll is an ***hole.  Last year he called a punt block 7 man rush on Rodgers first pass and a stutter and go against sauce on the giants first pass. 

If I’m Saleh I play 4th stringers all night. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Calling it now: will mcdonald will be the best pass rusher the jets have had since John Abraham 

I agree but this isnt going out on a limb.  This is a 1st round draft pick who set sack records in college.  

If willie mac plays 17 games, he will get double digit sacks.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree but this isnt going out on a limb.  This is a 1st round draft pick who set sack records in college.  

He does got some pretty sweet feet! That spin move looks effortless. 

- Rex Ryan

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Except when you score a TD, don't you get a PAT (or 2PAT) opportunity?

Still someone can win a bet on the made extra point, someone can lose a bet on the made extra point.  
That’s all.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Still someone can win a bet on the made extra point, someone can lose a bet on the made extra point.  
That’s all.  

But the right to kick a PAT isn't just decided on willy-nilly.  When you score a TD, you get the right to go for a PAT.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

But the right to kick a PAT isn't just decided on willy-nilly.  When you score a TD, you get the right to go for a PAT.  

Again how does this change the fact that you would have people who lose or win on that same xtra point?  What does the right to the K change this really simple point want to argue for some reason?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Again how does this change the fact that you would have people who lose or win on that same xtra point?  What does the right to the K change this really simple point want to argue for some reason?

I have no idea why you're arguing this point.  It would be like arguing "awarding a team 6 points for scoring a TD also affects gambling".

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I could barely hear it but Caroline Hendershot is nice to look at.  The large white collar on our jersey is kind of ugly btw.

I've mentioned that collar numerous times.  

Green Penn St hurts my eyes.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The coach decided not to kick the extra point. It was a pre season game and he must have felt his guy didn’t need the practice. He obviously didn’t care if someone was dumb enough to bet on a pre season game.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need more than sacks. We need all around play sealing the edge, disrupting the pocket, blowing up screens. Reddick has been doing this for awhile now

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

The coach decided not to kick the extra point. It was a pre season game and he must have felt his guy didn’t need the practice. He obviously didn’t care if someone was dumb enough to bet on a pre season game.

Hey - that’s not nice

@Green Ghost

• Haha 3

On 8/18/2024 at 8:30 AM, BreeceHallofFame said:

Wilkerson was pretty close to Abe (post-Abe).

Over Abe's best three years with us he had 29 sacks (2001, 02, 03).

Wilkerson's best three years with us he had 28.5 sacks (2013, 14, 15).

Abe's best year was 13 sacks, Wilks was 12.

Abe was just more consistent over his 6 seasons with us, and had one more big-sack season, ending up averaging 8.9/year.

Wilk just wasn't as consistent, and he declined pretty badly pretty fast (and stayed an extra year), averaging a lesser 6.5/year over 7 seasons.

Much of Abe's rep today was earned with his long tenure, and in Atlanta.  

But I agree, having a dominant QB sack guy would be something we've mostly been missing for a long time now.

I've very much been a JJ/McDonald doubter given the use of #1's and how pathetic our offense has been, but if they turn out to be John Abraham and Sean Ellis, that would be very nice.

On 8/17/2024 at 9:32 PM, mrcoops said:

Jets legend Lamar Jackson with a little screen time there.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Lamar Jackson has been waived/injured. 

Jackson, the third-year CB out of Nebraska, was competing for a spot in Carolina’s secondary.

• Sympathy 1