Quinnen Williams shows up 45 minutes late for Jim Rome interview, refuses to answer questions unrelated to product he's paid to promote

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Q doesn’t seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it’s nice to hear all of the guys on the board who are friendly with him think he’s a great kid.

Maybe because players and coaches all say he’s a good kid?  Or that there’s plenty of tape of him interacting players, wife, baby etc and he sure seems like that good kid.  
Why, do you know him personally and can tell why he isn’t a good kid?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe because players and coaches all say he’s a good kid?  Or that there’s plenty of tape of him interacting players, wife, baby etc and he sure seems like that good kid.  
Why, do you know him personally and can tell why he isn’t a good kid?

I got a good laugh reading this. Thanks.

Only you would read my post and deem it worthy of an interrogation. 😂

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I can attest that Quinnen was in the save the whales club while at Alabama. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Brother sometimes you are exhausting to read lol

Trust me, the feeling is entirely mutual (not you specifically, but this forum in general).

I still remember the Robbie Anderson "cum in your wife's eye/cop pullover" thread, and how so many of our fans "no big deal", "he's a good kid", "cop deserved it" their way through that one too, lol.

Some things, like fans being white-knighting cucks for their team's employees bad behaviors, never change. 

But it's all good.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yay, another 10-page thread that will live for 3 weeks while internet denizens argue about a guy they don't actually know that acted awkwardly during an obscure podcast.

"He's the worst!!!"

"He's the best!"

"Stop defending his atrocious behavior!"

"Stop attacking my boy!"

Over a JIM ROME PODCAST....

Sad Doctor Who GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yay, another 10-page thread that will live for 3 weeks while internet denizens argue about a guy they don't actually know that acted awkwardly during an obscure podcast.

"He's the worst!!!"

"He's the best!"

"Stop defending his atrocious behavior!"

"Stop attacking my boy!"

Over a JIM ROME PODCAST....

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Don't tell me how to fan!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

He is very hard to understand. 

Yep, Jim Rome talks like he is trying to sell you something. He explains the reasoning for the question, asks the question then questions the interviewee's response and tries to coax the interviewee to change their response to his liking. It's exhausting.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Thought the same thing. 

But, he has been in mainstream media for over 30 years now. 

-There was the "Chris Everett" debacle.

There was the Gordie Howe incident:

Rome challenged the 69-year-old ex-hockey star, offering a bounty of $3,000 to any player on the team playing against the Vipers to take Howe out of the game permanently by saying, "Putting this old fool back to reality." 

There was the interview with David Stern:

During an interview, Rome asked Stern about the conspiracy theories that the NBA Draft Lottery was fixed in favor of the New Orleans Hornets, and he asked, "Was the fix in for the lottery?" Stern replied with two answers: "Number one, no; and a statement, shame on you for asking." He then proceeded to ask Rome the loaded question example of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" and accused Rome of "making a career out of cheap thrills". This led to a heated exchange between Rome and Stern, ending when Stern said he had "to go call someone important like Stephen A. Smith."

And then his affront on marching bands:

Rome sent out a tweet that stated, "Is there anyone not in a marching band who thinks those dorks running around with their instruments are cool?" After a backlash, he later deleted the tweet and issued an apology.

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Yep, Jim Rome talks like he is trying to sell you something. He explains the reasoning for the question, asks the question then questions the interviewee's response and tries to coax the interviewee to change their response to his liking. It's exhausting.

If you guys saw the pre edited post you’re quoting, “was Quinnen born in the USA? He’s very hard to understand…” you’d realize who Don was referring to.

(It wasn’t Rome)

Just now, Green Ghost said:

If you guys saw the pre edited post you’re quoting, “was Quinnen born in the USA? He’s very hard to understand…” you’d realize who Don was referring to.

I'm guessing you are not fluent in sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, that’s what I was doing.  🤭

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Let’s argue over something important and relevant:

What is the absolute best way to grill a steak including prep and seasoning?

Step 1: heat grill to a min of 450 degrees

Step 2: season ribeye with kosher salt and black pepper

Step 3: make clarified butter and pour into a dish.

Step 4: Soak both sides of the ribeye in the clarified butter and put on the grill (heated to at least 450 degrees.)

Step 5: This depends on thickness of the rib eye. I like my rib eyes thick (min 1.5 inch). Grill for 1 to 2 min and then rotate 45 degrees. Grill for a other 1 to 2 min and flip.

Step 6: Grill for another 1-2 min and rotate 45 degrees. Grill for another 1-2 min and move to an area on the grill that has a med-low burner. Lower other burners as well.

Step 7: Grill until internal temp reaches 135 (for rare to med rare) and then remove. Let it rest for a min of 5 minutes.

That's my go to for a gas grill. On my Kamado Joe I reverse sear. That's an entirely different process but works really well with tomahawk ribeyes 👍

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

(It wasn’t Rome)

STAGE DIRECTION; (In Faux Whisper): "We know"

• Haha 1