Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh should be fired immediately if they somehow still lose, with the 9ers missing their franchise LT and WR1.

Don’t forget, we still need to score against that defense! Maybe start with firing Hackett if we don’t score more points than SF

it's the first game so i won't be surprised at any outcome.  if the jets are prepared they have a good shot at winning.  defenses come around faster than offenses so williams, williams, sauce, et al will be ready.  the offense will lag but i think both wilson and hall will come out strong.  if the oline holds together it could be a long day for the niners.

• Upvote 2

What is the cutoff date for Trent Williams to play week 1?  Id say if hes not in the building and signed tomorrow, there is no shot he is playing week 1.  Heck maybe that time has passed already.  Asking a 36 year old to be ready to play a football game in 1 week is pretty unrealistic.

What is the cutoff date for Trent Williams to play week 1?  Id say if hes not in the building and signed tomorrow, there is no shot he is playing week 1.  Heck maybe that time has passed already.  Asking a 36 year old to be ready to play a football game in 1 week is pretty unrealistic.
I pretty much agree .. but I remember guys have signed and played the next or same day.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-week-1-odds-predictions-best-bets-lines-for-all-16-games

Monday, Sept. 9

NEW YORK JETS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Point spread: 49ers -4 (49ers favored to win by more than 4 points, otherwise Jets cover)
Moneyline: 49ers -192 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $15.21 total) Jets +160 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $26 total)
Total scoring over/under: 44 points scored by both teams combined

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Woah their 1st rd pick was just shot, hope he’s ok! Crazy world!

Crazy!  Shot in the chest, no less!

San Francisco 49ers rookie receiver Ricky Pearsall was shot in the chest during a robbery attempt in San Francisco’s Union Square on Saturday, the team said in a statement. The team said Pearsall is in serious but stable condition.

“He sustained a bullet wound to his chest and is in serious but stable condition,” the organization wrote. “We ask that you please respect his privacy at this time.”

On 8/30/2024 at 5:12 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I wont overreact.  If we win ill be saying 13-4 div crown, if we lose I will be saying 13-4 div crown.

How we get to the 13 wins really doesnt matter.

Same here.  If we win, I'll be saying 17-0 div crown.  If we lose, I'll still be saying 17-0 div crown.

51 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Such a beautiful city really gone to crap. Shame is they have a huge prison sitting right in the bay. Spend the money, renovate the place and turn it into a city jail. You break the law, you go to jail. You really screwup screw up and you get a short stay at the jail on your way to a California prison.
While in jail if you wish to earn commissary money and shorten your stay, they can volunteer as cleanup crews to work around the city.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Interesting.  Please send around a pamphlet.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, Green Ghost said:

So I guess the Jets CS should already have plays 1-25 scripted, huh?

BTW what happens if the 49ers do the same with CMC?

We don’t need no stinking script.   This is going to be Payton Manning hosting Saturday Night Live only on Monday night with Aaron Rodgers hosting.  The script is in the shredder.  Were going improv baby.