Michael Carter II extended 3 years

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This completely kills the notion that Woody told him he couldn't be giving out extensions... And that he doesn't pay home grown players

You don’t actually believe JD haters will buy this.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Nice deal.

DJ Reed was never getting another contract here

I hate the idea of losing a player of his caliber to FA when (I'm guessing) we probably could've gotten good value in a trade.  But I also get the idea of loading up for a potentially special season (as weird as that sounds as a Jet fan).   It's really too bad about the Reddick situation.  It would've been very interesting to see this defense with a motivated Reddick in there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hate the idea of losing a player of his caliber to FA when (I'm guessing) we probably could've gotten good value in a trade.  But I also get the idea of loading up for a potentially special season (as weird as that sounds as a Jet fan).   It's really too bad about the Reddick situation.  It would've been very interesting to see this defense with a motivated Reddick in there.

Reddick will be here - it’s a matter of when, not IF 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Will he be motivated?  Will he take himself out of games once he's fulfilled the part of his contract he needs to in order to hit FA?

As long as the team is competitive, I’m not worried about his motivation. 

I’m much more worried about a soft tissue injury due to being out of game shape 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

BUT......BUT......BUT....what about Reddick?.....he traded for him............. BOO HOOO..... this is a complete failure by JD for signing anyone but Reddick...............BOO HOOO..... 

LMFAO

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone have this stance lol

5 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone have this stance lol

there are a few guys here who have been saying for a long time now how its a big failure by JD to trade for Reddick and not sign him. now he has 33 mil for MC2 but cant give Reddick 30 mil for one year? 

thats not me, idk. but you know who those guys are. im sure thats what some of them are thinking. 

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No I think that is JD setting things up for Reddick.....

This is MC-II extension is not related to a contract offer for Reddick, it doesn't kick in until next year, thus it has no bearing on our CAP for this season.

The Quincy Williams/Tyler Conklin restructures do affect the CAP this season & could be moves to set the table for a Reddick offer, but we'll see.

• Upvote 3

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

This is not related to a contract offer for Reddick.

The Quincy Williams/Tyler Conklin restructures probably are, but we'll see.

Ummm it is all related!  All...

You have to set your overall costs and expenses so that you know what you have to spend.  All are related, my friend....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Will he be motivated?  Will he take himself out of games once he's fulfilled the part of his contract he needs to in order to hit FA?

Other teams won’t see that on tape?  How will that help him when he goes into FA?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

No way there should be an extension for Reddick in the works.  That would be a Mac-like move...Give him an extension and big contract before he ever plays a down for this team.  Reddick then suffers a serious injury this year, misses the whole season, is not the same player following the injury and sucks for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No I think that is JD setting things up for Reddick.....

We'll see, but I disagree.  I think he may have been waiting to see if Reddick reported and how he looked with the idea of giving him an increase for this and maybe extending him, so was saving money for Reddick.  He got tired of waiting, and said screw it, I'm going to give MC II the money I would have given to Reddick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1