****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I feels like this team believes it has a lot to prove. No way they will be overconfident (other than our QB who is famously calm, cool and confident). These players have had their asses handed to them and been embarrassed in so many games over the past 3 seasons. They want to win and they want to win big. If I was tasked with building the psychological model for a great season, it would be a talented team that was snake bitten for several seasons leading to profound disappointment and a level of underachievement that would lead the best players to double down on doing what it takes to win.  Tonight the Jets show the world that they are about to embark on an historic season. We leave Frisco 1-0 to begin the quest for a SB win.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Incidentally our beloved Jets are winning this game!

Probably. 

One of these is a very captain-like model of pregame rallying cry. And one of these is Pac.

@T0mShane

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

One of these is a very captain-like model of pregame rallying cry. And one of these is Pac.

@T0mShane

I wasn't elected to eloquently pontificate about the psychology of the team. 

I'm here to make sure you have your shi t straight and don't get too high or too low. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

As a former fan, I will root for the NYJ when they are not playing my new team, the 49ers (was a huge Montana and Steve Young fan back in the day).

After 55 years I just could not take the soap opera drama that is the Jets.  It just seemed that they were more interested in drama and nonsense than winning football games, and the signing of AR the last straw - I knew he would be injured in the first game or two (Testaverde, anyone?).  

Yesterday was an interesting set of games, as you had so many former NYJ QBs either playing or inactive but on rosters; Darnold (who looked ok), Gino (who also looked ok), Wilson was inactive, etc.  Its clear that despite having high level picks in the drafts for years, but without a standup QB for decades, the NYJ franchise is just incapable of developing a QB.  

I hope the team does well, I really do, and hope everyone here finds enjoyment from watching/following the team in ways I just couldn't anymore. Go NYJ (just not tonight).

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan_always said:

As a former fan, I will root for the NYJ when they are not playing my new team, the 49ers (was a huge Montana and Steve Young fan back in the day).

After 55 years I just could not take the soap opera drama that is the Jets.  It just seemed that they were more interested in drama and nonsense than winning football games, and the signing of AR the last straw - I knew he would be injured in the first game or two (Testaverde, anyone?).  

Yesterday was an interesting set of games, as you had so many former NYJ QBs either playing or inactive but on rosters; Darnold (who looked ok), Gino (who also looked ok), Wilson was inactive, etc.  Its clear that despite having high level picks in the drafts for years, but without a standup QB for decades, the NYJ franchise is just incapable of developing a QB.  

I hope the team does well, I really do, and hope everyone here finds enjoyment from watching/following the team in ways I just couldn't anymore. Go NYJ (just not tonight).

At least you didn't jump ship to the Chiefs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I love that your username is "Jetsfan_always"

• Haha 4

will there be rust? I expect so.

But my inner jets fan hopes that AR8 just marches down the field possesion after possesion taking last years frustration out on the 9ers.

LET GO JETS!!!

Way too good of a defense for that to happen. Also, Rodgers is going to feel what it’s like to be thrown to the ground again, at least a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Yes ... I don't know who you are ... But YES !!!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple really:

Offseason and non-game days = time for deep, unflinchingly critical objective-leaning-cynical analysis and the like.

Gameday = TIME TO KICK THE PISS OUT OF WHOMEVER WE PLAY!!!!

Go Jets!

56 minutes ago, Pac said:

I wasn't elected to eloquently pontificate about the psychology of the team. 

I'm here to make sure you have your shi t straight and don't get too high or too low. 

You weren’t elected. You were installed like a toilet 

• Haha 1