Complete this sentence: "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

Just now, jgb said:

So used to… this place I admit I missed completely that it may have been intended to funny. Have an upvote @BroadwayRay

I don't know for sure if the funny was intended, but it made me actually snicker in the reals, and that's usually enough for me most days, lol.

• Haha 1

My personal view is that Woody/Chris basically have looked at what JD/Saleh have created over the last 5 years and basically said-have at it, give it a try, but we are likely starting over with a new regime in 2025.  After 5 years their solution to the most important position in sports was a 40 year old QB and a long-in-the-tooth backup.   This team will need a young(ish) QB eventually, and Saleh and Hackett, and even JD, will not be the guy selecting him and surrounding him with players.   There is a team in place that many think is a good roster, but it is a short term fix.  

So no extended contracts.  

If AR8 looks good they can roll with Ulbrich/Hacket as HC-DC/OC if Saleh will not short-term extend.   Otherwise they all go and we start over. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

oh so your not blaming Ulrich for Mondays horrible defense but your blaming Saleh for Mondays loss? cant having it both ways.

if your going by last year then Saleh won 7 games with 3 of the worst QBs the NFL was ever seen. he went 2-1 with Sieman who was 0-3 with the "great" Sean Payton in NO.

but of course he gets no credit for that like any HC could win 7 games with bottom 3 QBs. 

Everyone gets blame.  The head coach gets the most blame.  That's how things work.  If the head coach thinks that the defensive coordinator deserves the blame, then the head coach should fire the D coordinator.  And I would say that the chance of that happening is pretty close to 0.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't know for sure if the funny was intended, but it made me actually snicker in the reals, and that's usually enough for me most days, lol.

Fair enough. Jets haven’t intended to be funny and I’ve been laughing at them for decades. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

"If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

a new breed will appear, the Saleh defenders.

This is the most accurate post of the day for sure 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Douglas drafted the OROY and DROY in the same draft.

He pulled a king's ransom for "Prez".

He's a HOF executive compared to Macc and Idzik.

You can't win in the NFL without a real head coach.

If they want to fire him because he hired Saleh, that's totally fair though.

He had one great draft, probably the best in the team's history. I don't deny that. But I've hated practically everything he's done before and since. (Yeah, I'm part of the tiny minority that hated the Rodgers move). The guy consistently tries to show he's smarter than everyone else and falls flat on his face.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Worst HC/GM combo in Jets history? That's honestly a really hard question. 

Phil Hartman Yes GIF

But I know who can tell us. Put your hands together for the Imam of Internet research, the Grand Poobah of pro-football-reference, the Sultan of Statistics, your favorite virgin and mine….

@Jetsfan80 !!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No but seriously, its Maccagnan/Gase and it isn't close.  Maccagnan is by far the worst GM in NFL history, and yes, I've extensively compared his drafting and signing/FA history to Matt Millen's.  It still isn't close. 

Millen's draft record was better than Macc's by almost an exponential degree, and as bad as Macc was at drafting, he was even worse with FA's and contract extensions.  I mean, this guy signed Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley ( @Sperm Edwards ) to unimaginably stupid contracts, and also handed a broken-necked Quincy Enunwa a $36M contract WITH INJURY GUARANTEES. 

And nothing else needs to be said about Gase that hasn't been said already.  His only redeemable action as Jets HC was knifing Macc in the back.

I can't argue with Maccagnan. 

I do think Gase could have been salvageable with a decent GM, but I wouldn't die on that hill, either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No but seriously, its Maccagnan/Gase and it isn't close.  Maccagnan is by far the worst GM in NFL history, and yes, I've extensively compared his drafting and signing/FA history to Matt Millen's.  It still isn't close. 

Millen's draft record was better than Macc's by almost an exponential degree, and as bad as Macc was at drafting, he was even worse with FA's and contract extensions.  I mean, this guy signed Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley ( @Sperm Edwards ) to unimaginably stupid contracts, and also handed a broken-necked Quincy Enunwa a $36M contract WITH INJURY GUARANTEES. 

And nothing else needs to be said about Gase that hasn't been said already.  His only redeemable action as Jets HC was knifing Macc in the back.

harvard prisoners GIF by gifnews

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I do think Gase could have been salvageable with a decent GM, but I wouldn't die on that hill, either. 

He got his chances.  He was 23-25 in Miami and his final 2 years were decidedly worse than his first:  10-6, WC exit first year, followed by 6-10 and 7-9.  Most guys don't get a 2nd chance as a HC, and he did. 

The fact that he's been unemployable post-Jets despite being only 46 years old and Peyton Manning's ringing endorsement, lol, further establishes that he's simply not an NFL-caliber HC and probably not even a good NFL OC.  After all, he was only in the OC role for 3 years, 2 with the Broncos and 1 with the Bears - not exactly a large sample and he had Peyton friggin Manning for 2 of them.  Peyton doesn't need an OC.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

But you’ll remain calm, because you’re the bestest, most manly Jets fan of them all, right?

Real fans don't ever complain about the Jets sucking.  They just shut up, take what the Jets give them, and say "Thank you Woody.  And here, take some more of my money."

4 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

No its just a game and at the end of the day my weed is green and my beer is cold so I wont have too many concerns if the jets fail.  I am used to it. 

I mean, this explains why YOU won't complain, which is fine.  But you clearly seem to take issue with OTHER fans complaining for some reason.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The fact of the matter is he's been a more successful head coach than Bobby Numb Nuts.

.400 career win % to Saleh's .333

And it's not as if he had stellar QB talent in Miami with Ryan Tannehill and Matty Moore

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The fact of the matter is he's been a more successful head coach than Bobby Numb Nuts.

.400 career win % to Saleh's .333

And it's not as if he had stellar QB talent in Miami with Ryan Tannehill and Matty Moore

Low bar to clear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He got his chances.  He was 23-25 in Miami and his final 2 years were decidedly worse than his first:  10-6, WC exit first year, followed by 6-10 and 7-9.  Most guys don't get a 2nd chance as a HC, and he did. 

The fact that he's been unemployable post-Jets despite being only 46 years old and Peyton Manning's ringing endorsement, lol, further establishes that he's simply not an NFL-caliber HC and probably not even a good NFL OC.  After all, he was only in the OC role for 3 years, 2 with the Broncos and 1 with the Bears - not exactly a large sample and he had Peyton friggin Manning for 2 of them.  Peyton doesn't need an OC.

Beware offensive coordinators who's only success has been with one of the top QBs playing.. we're seeing it again with the Giants. It's a lot harder to be a genius without having one of the top 5 QBs or so.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

... we'll get to hear more about why Maccagnan's balder, fatter clone overseeing it all is suppsedly good at his job despite continual evidence to the contrary.

JD has made some neophyte negotiation blunders but Maccagnan would bid against himself on eBay.

• Haha 2

If we lose this Sunday the season is over (yes…yes it is).

Obviously, not mathematically and things “could” turn around but let’s be real…0-2 hole and we can’t beat a team like the Titans with a rookie head coach and a garbage QB then what else is there to say?

• Upvote 1